It seems that what is going to happen is if terms are changed, every person who passes their fifth year of "Service" would then be able to get a state pension benefit plan.

Why not show the cost of present personal benefits they are ( or will be) eligible for, along with NEW YORK STATE pensions-- then let the people vote.

I believe they would and are eligible to choose from what's called " a menu" of benefits. As I understand it they can have any benefit (insurance,health-care and so on.) county employees receive.

Some cry about the working mans wages, then work "part time" and receive executive level benefits for life with just "5 years service." The control board froze wages and refuse to negotiate unless Unionized employees give something up first- what about the wages and benefits of the Legislators and Control boards?

How do you feeling about full benefits/entitlements disclosure for all elected/appointed officials City and County?

Just an idea , what do you think? Thanks for your time and i hope this post doesn't get removed - an answer would be great!