Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Town Council Candidate Matt Walter

Quote Originally Posted by dmckay716 View Post
    I am convinced 4248 and Breezy are schizophranics who come on here to argue with themselves.
    Ha!

You sound like Donald Trump.

4248:

First off, let me apologize. I did not mean to "out" you. I did not know that you were the politician I was referring to when I made that post. Based on the responses of the other board members, I wasn't the only one surprised. In an act of contrition, I'll respond to the questions from your last post. As always, whether you choose to believe the answers is up to you....

- I visit Speakup every few days or so but don't usually have the time to answer. I am in the middle of the holiday season running a 50 employee retail chain. Add into that a young family with those obligations and the volunteer boards that I serve and November/December is not really the most opportune time for me to focus on crafting responses on message boards. My day starts around 5:30am and ends when I crash at 11pm. As I have consistently stated from day one, my posts are 100% my own. I don't consult with others before posting. I don't really see the need.

- In my example, I never said that politician did anything illegal, just wrong IMHO. In the same way, Johanna has every right to collect her earned pension if she so chooses and work a new position. This will not cost the tax payers anything extra and at this point it is still all conjecture anyway.

- My father's "secret plan" was to help kids explore the sport that he loved and that truly changed his life. Please feel free to reach out to his former runners and you'll hear the same from them. He started a running program at the William Street School on his own time and his own dime but I'm sure there was some ulterior motive for that as well.... I don't believe the $750 or so he earned as a coach even earned him $2/hr by the time you figure in all his time, gas and wear /tear on his van for driving the kids to the meets, home and college visits. I commend all those teachers that continue to give back after they retire. At Lancaster alone, I can think of quite a few who have spent their "retirement" time helping out by coaching for a minimal stipend. Our kids are better off for their contributions.

I hope you have peanut butter because that's all the "fluff" you'll get out of me for a while ;-)

Matt Walter
    Councilman-Elect
    facebook.com/mattforlancaster

Cool

Matt,

I too appreciate Teachers and people who actually enjoy their honorable profession. Your the one who brought up your father, I didn't . But it does show how pervasive this pension plus loop hole is ! Your father may have never planned to abuse a loop hole - I am also sure those he instructed found lifelong benefit ! Its also a shame that newly graduated teachers and wanna be coaches leave the area because some jobs are blocked by favoritism !

Your excusing your friends already and it shows, but thats understandable given the circumstances. Unfortunately you will have to learn to make that a habit if you are to survive among them.

You didn't "Out me" - I have never been hidden and yes, you meant to do exactly what you did! You were feed some old embellished crad so you could use it to create more smoke/diversion. Don't play dumb, it doesn't complement the rest of what your portraying.

You and other Lan Dems denied Ron Giza was involved in the campaign - given his use of established tactics it was obvious. It was also denied and hidden that Town Clerk Johanna Coleman Metz was planning her "Double Dip" pay day !

You are now a benefactor of the "$800,000.00 for Police Votes deal" and you will learn to tow the Party Line. The mud and lies created/exaggerated were part of how you and your friends won office. If you feel good about that - you'll fit right in and be feed well for your time.

You said your are a independent person and will act on your own reasoning - we will see if you can live up to that. Time will tell - and we will all be watching hoping you can be a taxpayer advocate instead of a Party Player. The legacy of your time on the Town Board is yours to create.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its hard to tell exactly what's going on at Adams Nursery - None of the ajoining home owners were notified that any work/expansions/filling was approved. There were also three small run off type ponds back there that have been filled.

There have been some times one tandem axel dump truck every 20 minutes dumping top soil/fill . Word is most fill came front the Tops property .

They have been using his new private road/driveway off Stony Road. Some believe that's why they put the "Hellwig Rd" sign up on Stony Rd. - its actually gonna be claimed as his road - this would give him a legal road access instead of just a drive way. Supervisor Giza said it was a "tribute" to the Hellwig Family"

Its appears what the end result will be is about 20 plus acres magically rising up out of the flood plain/zone. FEMA judges your flood threat by the height of the land. So while the rest of us cant fill because were are in the flood plain - that land will rise up and be exempt from flood insurance.

Some neighbors have concerns, yet we have had concerns before (Tops) -

We will have to wait and see what all this filling will do next time it floods - I am just glad I don't own the property behind or to the west of the nursery !

You know, I have lived here almost 30 years - one thing your learn is when it comes to building/bulldozing/projects = expect anything green to change without notice.

The Lan Dem Town Controllers have "Preapproved" and hid so many things in their "Pipeline" and this is just another part of the
    "Giza/Stempniak Building Era" Legacy.
    Wonder, if this is the area on this week's Planning board agenda.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wonder, if this is the area on this week's Planning board agenda.
    Wow....

I remember back in the day hearing, "there isn't a wetland that isn't mitigated."

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread Information