Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Council Candidate Matt Walter

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Update, Ted Morton stopped by William Street & met with several constituents & firefighters concerned with the issues that exist there. He continues to urge the Executive and DPW to work with him and the community to help widen the road and alleviate the serious safety issues that exist on William Street.
    Ted is just AWESOME. No one like him. He comes to work to do his job for his constituents day in and day out. He is our 24/7 legislator.

Georgia L Schlager

I know, he is truly an amazing person. Anyone who talks negatively about Ted really shows what kind of person they are.

I have tremendous respect for him!

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Matt,
    I heard that the Democrats attempted to violate Civil service procedures on Monday regarding a youth counselor appointee.
    You seemed to have failed to mention that.
    I'll have to look a little deeper in to that one as I don't believe it was discussed during the meeting.... maybe the work session? I arrived just as they were finishing that up. Thanks for the heads up, I look forward to hearing both sides of what happened.

Matt Walter
    Candidate
    Town Council
    https://www.facebook.com/MattforLancaster

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    I'll have to look a little deeper in to that one as I don't believe it was discussed during the meeting.... maybe the work session? I arrived just as they were finishing that up. Thanks for the heads up, I look forward to hearing both sides of what happened.

Matt Walter
    Candidate
    Town Council
    https://www.facebook.com/MattforLancaster
    It was discussed and it was a rather heated debate - but impressively - the Supervisor was calm and tried on numerous attempts to educate John. He just didn't get it, and insisted on doing what he has done since 1985.

Please elaborate on the situation as to who was trying to appoint who where - many readers don't know the whole story - as all to often we tend to post assuming everyone is as familiar with the players and departments as we are !

Thanks
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

From the Lancaster Bee-
    Joint social worker position temporarily stalled by Town Board
    By Julie Halm Editor

A resolution regarding the continuation of a joint social worker position between the Lancaster Youth Bureau and the Lancaster School District was pulled and not voted on during Monday night’s meeting of the Lancaster Town Board.

Town Supervisor Dino Fudoli said he had several issues with the resolution including the phrase “whereas the Town Board has received assurance of participation in funding and its commitment to entering into an agreement by the Lancaster Central School District once the position is filled.”

Where's the story?
    PointsMentioned Map1 Points Mentioned
    According to Fudoli he never received a written confirmation of that assurance and when asked, none of the members of the board said they had received such a document either.

John Trojanowsky, executive director of the Youth Bureau, said he had received verbal confirmation of that assurance, but Fudoli did not feel that was a sound enough basis to pass the resolution on.

“In the past, things were done willy-nilly, but under my administration, we do things the right way,” said Fudoli.

The supervisor also noted that there is no contract in place, which caused greater trepidation in passing such a resolution.

“Is that the way we want to do it,” said Fudoli of going ahead with the resolution, “or do we want to do it the right way where the town is bound and the school district is bound to the agreement?”

Trojanowsky said he had put together an agreement and forwarded it to Town Attorney John Dudziak as well as the school and claimed that both parties stated a

. person is needed for the position before an agreement can be put in place. Dudziak, however, said he did not make such a statement regarding the hiring of an individual for this position.

On Monday evening, the Lancaster School Board did pass an action item stating that the district desires to continue the program and is willing to pay up to and including 50 percent of the remaining direct salary and contractual benefits for the social worker position after the New York State Office of Children and Family Services’ contributions to the position.

No specific amounts regarding salary or any other figures were mentioned in the school district’s agenda item.

Georgia L Schlager

Supervisor Fudoli is correct in taking this action - all too often - in the past - positions were created and filled without due process.

These people are so used to just plugging in "their people" - then tax payers get stuck with extravagant pay and perks packages.

There needs to be "full disclosure" of pay - benefits - employees qualifications and term of service.

If and when the state funds/subsidies run out (New York State Office of Children and Family Services’) - then what ?

This seems like another resolution added to the agenda by the Town Clerk
    - without prior discussion or
    - without providing the Supervisor with needed information or a chance for open debate !

This is also another long time habit of the controlling Councilmen
    - they've had things/resolutions put on the agenda by the Town Clerk
    - then tell the Supervisor, "To bad - we have the majority - we want this" !

Is that a Democracy - is this what taxpayers voted for ?

One thing the Lan Dems are correct in saying "Its time for a NEW DIRECTION" in Town Government !

Give me a break, it's obvious that Dino Fudoli does not support programs or services that look out for the children in our community. The social worker and youth counselors are the first line of support to help families deal with tragedy, death, suicide, substance abuse issues, child abuse, bullying, divorce, crisis situations and on and on. The amount of money for this position which is split with the schools has provided a tremendous service to the youth and families in Lancaster for over thirty years , now that is money well spent and extremely cost effective! As a tax payer I want the future of our community-our children to have dedicated hardworking town employees available to them for intervention and prevention programs that will help them grow into responsible productive adults. This is what I want for Lancaster. There will always be families that need support and direction and the children of Lancaster are no different from any other community. A true leader looks out for ALL members of their community. Lancaster schools, businesses, services and a safe environment for children help make our community great. Shame on you Dino Fudoli for not supporting youth programs like this, your views on children are very transparent and you need to go away in November!

Quote Originally Posted by Level head View Post
    Give me a break, it's obvious that Dino Fudoli does not support programs or services that look out for the children in our community. The social worker and youth counselors are the first line of support to help families deal with tragedy, death, suicide, substance abuse issues, child abuse, bullying, divorce, crisis situations and on and on. The amount of money for this position which is split with the schools has provided a tremendous service to the youth and families in Lancaster for over thirty years , now that is money well spent and extremely cost effective! As a tax payer I want the future of our community-our children to have dedicated hardworking town employees available to them for intervention and prevention programs that will help them grow into responsible productive adults. This is what I want for Lancaster. There will always be families that need support and direction and the children of Lancaster are no different from any other community. A true leader looks out for ALL members of their community. Lancaster schools, businesses, services and a safe environment for children help make our community great. Shame on you Dino Fudoli for not supporting youth programs like this, your views on children are very transparent and you need to go away in November!
    The Supervisor is not stating no to this hire, he is stating what NYS requires is the proper procedures in the hiring process. Don't make this about something it is not. Your spin will be dissected.

Levelheads response to the Supervisor trying to protect the process is typical Lan Dem Campaign nonsense.

Good thing there was honest taxpayer's at the meeting to witness this exchange.

The Lan Dems are so used to total control and spin - they just cant get a handle honest facts being presented.

Also, people have noticed Madmatts (Matt Walters Town Board Candidate) style of comments/posts !

He is truly noncommittal on the majority of issues that could follow him into office.

If presented with yes or no/why questions - he avoids definitive answers !
    "I'll have to look into that - I feel your concern - I must have missed that - don't know much about that but I will research it" -

Some would say, "He's new , he's trying and so on" - some would say he has been in Town Hall and held Party appointed positions - as well as living here - how could he be so sheltered from all these issues ?

Even if he is "New" to all this Political stuff - he avoids commenting on his Party Members actions !

He just drops in and posts a little sunny side up post about once a week.

If he's presenting himself as a "Free Thinker" - or as having a "New Direction" - where are those views and what is the agenda for the "New Direction"

Some of the exchange between Supervisor Fudoli and Youth Bureau Director John Trojanowski:

Fudoli: John (Trojanowski), the school board is going to pass something tonight on the retention of the social worker. When they pass it send us a copy of the resolution and then what I will do is at the next board meeting we will sign it and then proceed.

John Trojanowski: The process is taking too long.

Fudoli: The process is taking long because we have to follow rules. We are following proper procedure and under my administration that is the way things will be done. Once the town gets a copy of the resolution the town attorney will review it. We will review it and reach out to the county. You have to also contact Morgan (Fay – Payroll Supervisor)) because what you sent says you want to continue with the Youth Counselor , social worker, whatever position. That is not an official title.

Trojanowski: Yes, that is an official title that is similar that goes back to 1985.

Fudoli: Do you us to submit to the county the stuff you gave us as to job description; what this person has been doing? You sent us a list of other things this person was doing that may not be considered fitting in a social worker job description. Most likely you are not going to get what the school is asking for, or what you are looking for. What you submitted describes something much broader than that.

Then there is the issue of posting the job. If it is a competitive title there is no posting process. If they take the exam and score the highest that is the list we will ask the county to provide us with. Do you want this to be the same position that Karen Shawnee was hired as, or as what the job titles state?

Trojanowski: Since Karen Shawnee was hired education laws have changed. I have been informed by the school district that this person will be dealing with records of special-ed kids and needs to be certified as a social worker. Shawnee was not certified as a social worker. Because of the new state regulations that person has to be certified.

Fudoli: Ok, you want to reach out to Morgan and explain what we want. Because if she sends what you gave us to the county they may not give you what you are looking for. The school is looking for a social worker /counselor and our needs may be a little different. Just give us the resolution, talk to Morgan and we can move this along. We have to follow the process required today. And it went on and on.

Comment

If Fudoli gave you the impression he was not interested in maintaining the program, why is it the DEM council members offered no comments or why did they agree to table the resolution? They have the majority. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    The Supervisor is not stating no to this hire, he is stating what NYS requires is the proper procedures in the hiring process. Don't make this about something it is not. Your spin will be dissected.
    Short stuff you are sooooooo wrong, when the position was being voted on to continue at the Town Board meeting in July ONLY Dino voted no! The other board members demonstrated integrity and dedication to support and continue much needed services to support the children and families of Lancaster. Face fact, that Dino of all people should know the serious negative impact on families, friends and relatives when someone is making serious high risk choices. He should be an advocate but he is not. Let's not kid ourselves Dino does not support these services for our children and families in the community. Instead he will grand stand and makes arrogant irresponsible statements about doing things his way, his behavior at meetings and statements to reporters is shocking, I will gladly vote against him!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's obvious you just don't want Dino as supervisor.

Shortstuff

shortstuff?

Is what your stating true?

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    shortstuff?

Is what your stating true?
    Didn't you read Lee's post - #191? It looked like Fudoli is all for the hiring of an employee. It's just that the correct hiring process has to be followed. At least, that's how I interpreted Lee's post.

Georgia L Schlager

Hey Level head:

I agree with you that the social worker position should be maintained. Dino was wrong in defining why he opposed the reinstatement in July. As you, I believe and program that has intervention merit for all the reasons you stated is worth the cost to the community.

That said, what transpired Monday put a whole different spin on the matter. The needs of the school district need to be clearly spelled out. Ms. Shawnee was not a certified social worker and was being lauded for the extraordinary services she provided – which might not fit today’s county job description.

Fudoli is but one of four on the town board. If Fudoli was blowing smoke why did the three DEM council members agree with his position to table the resolution? They had the controlling vote. Has Fudoli seen something wrong with Trojanowski’s approach all along?

If when the resolution comes up again and Fudoli votes no, I will be very disappointed as well. Until then, let the process continue to ensure both sides are on the same page and fill their needs. The DEMS own a piece of this now with their agreement to table the resolution.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information