Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magierski enters race for town supervisor in Cheektowaga

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Magierski enters race for town supervisor in Cheektowaga

Magierski enters race for town supervisor in Cheektowaga

There will be a Democratic primary in the race for town supervisor in Cheektowaga.

Town Clerk Alice Magierski, who lost the party’s endorsement to Town Board Member Diane M. Benczkowski, said she plans to challenge Benczkowski in the primary.

“I feel it’s important that voters get a choice,” Magierski said.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...owaga-20150518

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The race for supervisor may turn on which candidate voters believe has the best background for the job.
    Or the race for supervisor may turn on which political party can mislead the voters the most. We have seen this first hand in Cheektowaga. Go review the campaign mailers the last few elections and the political party that was behind it.

Magierski said she has the experience needed to run the town, having served as town clerk, councilwoman and treasurer for the Cheektowaga-Sloan School District.

“I have a track record of effective leadership that sets me apart from the opposition,” Magierski said.
    I would like to learn more about this effective leadership.

Couldn't we say she was involved bringing the town to the point it is currently at? One of the highest taxed areas in the nation, 1000's of people have fled our town and go check out the obnoxious school taxes charged in the Sloan School District. That is not the type of leadership and/or experience we need to run our town. The people involved in creating the issues us property/business owners face will not correct those issues because they are the issue.

Benczkowski said her experience in real estate will help address the issue of vacant housing, as well as issues of high taxes that hurt young people trying to purchase homes in the town.

“We are one of the highest-taxed towns in Western New York, which hurts young people trying to purchase a home,” Benczkowski said.

Magierski said that the population in the town is going down and that she wants to work with school districts to help push family issues such as education and affordable housing.
    I know Diane is in real estate but how does that apply to correcting the problems which cause people to flee our town?

Does Alice what "Affordable" houses as in subsidized housing?

I think Diane being in RealEstate is huge for the Town is She will know the ends and outs for the Zombie homes in Cheektowaga also when it comes to appraisals it can't hurt either.

I find this to be very disturbing Alice feels this way.. Here is her QUOTE in the News.( Magierski said she does not believe that the vote by the committee is a true representation of “what the people want.” She lost in a weighted vote, 10,473 to 8,769.)

Hey Alice would you have felt the same way if you had won the Endorsement? You have not received 1 Endorsement for 2 reasons 1 being you're not trusted and 2nd you being with the likes of Prince Rogowski who thinks he is Entitled and Scaminski who is involved in Legal Issues with the Ethics Board Oh and Frank Max who by Video and Time Sheets has taken Hard earned money from the Taxpayers to pad his Retirement,

I wonder if these two can spend the rest of the election sticking to the issues instead of dragging each other through the mud.
    It would be a nice change from the last bunch of elections where frank max digs up as much as he can about someone and then slings his dirt into peoples mailboxes right before the election.
    there is no need to go negative in a local election and it didnt use to be that way but its par for the course now in cheektowaga.
    Both of these women seem like human beings. can they run just on the issues or is it going to be the same dirt race that elections have turned into in cheektowaga in the past few years.

i am done caring to know about the personal lives and relationships of people running for office. I don't care. how about you both get a platform to run on and develop it instead of dumping all over each other. what a novel idea.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    I think Diane being in RealEstate is huge for the Town is She will know the ends and outs for the Zombie homes in Cheektowaga also when it comes to appraisals it can't hurt either.
    Being a Supervisor of the town is multitasking many issues not just one issue such as the vacant buildings which may be attributed to high taxes.

What you are saying is that Diane would be more qualified to stay a board member and focus on that one issue? Right? So if being a real estate agent can apply in correcting the zombie home issue shouldn't we also get Ken Young on the board? He's a real estate agent I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Or the race for supervisor may turn on which political party can mislead the voters the most. We have seen this first hand in Cheektowaga. Go review the campaign mailers the last few elections and the political party that was behind it.

I would like to learn more about this effective leadership.

Couldn't we say she was involved bringing the town to the point it is currently at? One of the highest taxed areas in the nation, 1000's of people have fled our town and go check out the obnoxious school taxes charged in the Sloan School District. That is not the type of leadership and/or experience we need to run our town. The people involved in creating the issues us property/business owners face will not correct those issues because they are the issue.

Does Alice what "Affordable" houses as in subsidized housing?

I am concerned that Magierski is bringing her treasurer experience from the Cheektowaga-Sloan district, the highest taxed school district in Erie County! We do NOT want this type of "effective" leadership.

And we DONT want anymore subsidized housing in our town! Look at what happened by the City line!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by unsilent View Post
    I wonder if these two can spend the rest of the election sticking to the issues instead of dragging each other through the mud.
    It would be a nice change from the last bunch of elections where frank max digs up as much as he can about someone and then slings his dirt into peoples mailboxes right before the election.
    there is no need to go negative in a local election and it didnt use to be that way but its par for the course now in cheektowaga.
    Both of these women seem like human beings. can they run just on the issues or is it going to be the same dirt race that elections have turned into in cheektowaga in the past few years.

i am done caring to know about the personal lives and relationships of people running for office. I don't care. how about you both get a platform to run on and develop it instead of dumping all over each other. what a novel idea.

It's par for the course for the Cheektowaga Democratic Party.

Run on real issues not "sound bites". We should also review who the group supports for higher level seats.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    I am concerned that Magierski is bringing her treasurer experience from the Cheektowaga-Sloan district, the highest taxed school district in Erie County! We do NOT want this type of "effective" leadership.

And we DONT want anymore subsidized housing in our town! Look at what happened by the City line!
    Wouldn't you agree with me that the "Cost of labor" for our town contributes to our high taxes? Yes or no.

Secondly, do you think Alice means affordable as in subsidized? Section 8 etc? Or does Alice mean we need to cut the budget so we can physically lower property taxes making it more affordable to live in our town?

Alice use to act very professional, now she is mudslinging Diane and Mark. Why would anyone in their right mind want anyone who is part of Frank Max Prince Rogowksi and Unethical Jerry side. Does anyone want this town to move away from bull****? I sure do. Diane will make a great supervisor she has over 15 years public service being on the Depew school board, and member of the town board. She has extensive knowledge in real estate and can help with the zombie properties and the absent landlord issue in this town. If you want cheektowaga to stay the same with all the corruption and ethic violations then vote for Unethical Jerry, and Alice and anyone else aligned with frank Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Towagan13 View Post
    Alice use to act very professional, now she is mudslinging Diane and Mark. Why would anyone in their right mind want anyone who is part of Frank Max Prince Rogowksi and Unethical Jerry side. Does anyone want this town to move away from bull****? I sure do. Diane will make a great supervisor she has over 15 years public service being on the Depew school board, and member of the town board. She has extensive knowledge in real estate and can help with the zombie properties and the absent landlord issue in this town. If you want cheektowaga to stay the same with all the corruption and ethic violations then vote for Unethical Jerry, and Alice and anyone else aligned with frank Max.
    The Conservative Party feels the same way about Diane. Great news that she secured the Conservative endorsement.

Housing is AFFORDABLE in Cheektowaga.....the problem is you NEVER EVER own it because of the taxes...the VERY high taxes that are going up again due to the sewer repair bond, union contracts and much more.

Which of the candidate's are going to do something about this?...not just talk about it and make promises they won't or can't keep... but actually get the train rolling and keep it rolling to make it happen!!!

Lower property taxes in other states have me seriously thinking about moving...I'm talking 75% less property/school tax...that type of savings is a pay raise to me of after tax dollars equal to about $250/mo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    The Conservative Party feels the same way about Diane. Great news that she secured the Conservative endorsement.

Don't even go there. I was told there was a "deal" made to get the endorsement.

Dirty Jerry got no endorsement. What was the deal for Diane getting the conservative line? She earned it!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Housing is AFFORDABLE in Cheektowaga.....the problem is you NEVER EVER own it because of the taxes...the VERY high taxes that are going up again due to the sewer repair bond, union contracts and much more.

Which of the candidate's are going to do something about this?...not just talk about it and make promises they won't or can't keep... but actually get the train rolling and keep it rolling to make it happen!!!

Lower property taxes in other states have me seriously thinking about moving...I'm talking 75% less property/school tax...that type of savings is a pay raise to me of after tax dollars equal to about $250/mo.

I don't want to hear about "we did this" and in 20 years we'll start to see real savings. Not good enough. I also don't want to hear our hands are tied either. Those are just excuses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information