Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windsor Ridge Wetlands Mitigation area

Exclamation Windsor Ridge Wetlands Mitigation area

This was put in by DEC and consisting of 5 acres + ( added mor area to mitigation) of wetlands that was suppose to be marsh,scrub,upland berms,wet meadow and pond areas. This also was suppose to be in close proximity to South Branch of Slate Bottom Creek. The original purpose was to collect overflow from the creek in wetland area.

We presently are at 20-21 days with no rainfall and look at the water!!!!! Did I mention this area has no point source except for numerous wetlands that they will be filling in as the project continues. (they were granted permits for this)
    The project sponsor stated during SEQR that this land contained 2-5% water. I want to know what there smokin..... and the town Board listened to there BS even after they were provided pictures and documentation.

The scary fact is there will be homes built with this area in there backyard !!! These lot's will have easements or buffer zones in the rear of there property....

I can't wait to see what this looks like when it rains.... Would it be fair to say that this area should have been included in flood plan and Hydraulic analysis for project.

The town insists they will have backyard drainage and this will prevent water draining to slate bottom creek. The backyard drainage is also suppose to protect current home owners along Brunck road.

Included with this project they want to raise the elevation 2-3 feet above our property. Well I ask again what in god's name are they smokin.... It is negligent and irresponsible to even think you are going to control this water.

If this is the results of a wetland mitigation area what happens to the homes when foundations are dug. The water apparently is coming from the ground and wetland areas in the vacinity. In the future we will again be asking??? What in god's name were they thinking!!!!!!! Lancaster residents will be stuck holding the bag and paying higher taxes for there mistakes...

This is why Giza and company get mad when we ask question! They don't know the answers they don't even know what's going on......That's why this project passed an extensive SEQR and we don't even have sewer capacity for this project.... open your wallets the developers are coming....

delineation area 030.jpg

delineation area 031.jpg

delineation area 034.jpg

This is utterly appalling!!

To think, we almost built there!! Thank God we didn't. But relief is on the way, an article in the Bufnews recently.

BUILDER, TOWN MUST PAY LANDOWNER NEARLY $1.9 MILLION IN LAWSUIT

The homeowner had a similiar case, he sued the town and the developers. Got a lot of money. It is time Giza & Co. get what they deserve, a lawsuit.

The people who live in uncompromising situation at Windsor should look into this.

"you're outta here Giza & Co."

Good it's about time.....

Builder, town must pay landowner nearly $1.9 million in lawsuit
    By Matt Gryta
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER
    September 16, 2009, 7:26 AM / 2 comments
    Story tools:
    Larger
    Smaller
    Save
    Print
    Email
    Get Alerts NEW
    Share this story:
    Buzz up!
    The Town of Clarence and Keiffer Enterprises have been ordered to pay an Amherst restaurateur $1.89 million for turning his 40-acre Clarence property into a swamp.

Following a three-week trial before State Supreme Court Justice Frederick J. Marshall, a jury Tuesday found the town liable for $1.31 million in damages and Keiffer, $328,400 plus $250,000 in punitive damages, for flooding the site since 2000.

Joseph J. Manna, lawyer for Paul Marinaccio Sr., said he anticipates an appeal of the jury verdict but is confident it will be upheld. Attorneys for Clarence and Keiffer, which is based in Clarence, could not be reached to comment. Manna also said the town’s liability is “a taxpayer expense.”

Marinaccio, 61, lives in a house on a two-acre section of the 40-acre site, which he purchased in 1995 with the idea of developing a subdivision on 38 acres, Manna said.

Marinaccio also owns Marinaccio’s restaurant, the former Little White House, on Main Street in Amherst, and operates Accadia Sites Contracting, his attorney said.

During the trial, Manna said the town began routing water onto Marinaccio’s land in 2000 to assist in developing the Keiffer- built Lexington Woods subdivision.

Though the town’s engineer had recommended Marinaccio be asked to grant an easement, this never occurred and Keiffer built the subdivision off County Road, south of Marinaccio’s land, Manna said.

Marinaccio, whose house requires two sump pumps, was denied assistance from the town, forcing him to go to court, Manna said.

Manna said the water damage turned the land into a wetland, unsuitable for housing development and now subject to wetland regulations by both the federal and state governments.

Marinaccio could not be reached to comment. However, Manna said his client was “very pleased” with the verdict.

mgryta@buffnews.com

Letter from Sewer Authority

Apparently Giza and Company new nothing about this During extensive SEQR??????? small to moderate impacts....

What does giza do on the Board of the Sewer Authority and where was Labenski? This is pure negligence and disregard of residents who already live here. The public wonders why issues with sewers still continue...

Giza recently stated there better be Sewer capacity.....Hello.... don't you read your mail...

clip_image002.jpg

Talking Sewers - No problem Mr.Giza will build more

Giza recently stated there better be Sewer capacity.....Hello.... don't you read your mail...

Sewers,water whatever - in Lancaster it can be mitigated. Supervisor Giza and Company will be there to make sure taxpayers provide whatever.

This Town Government has now Officially been sold to special interest developers - Game Over!

22 months and counting,
    out of here!

PS: Quess who sits on the Sewer Board?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

Sewers,water whatever - in Lancaster it can be mitigated. Supervisor Giza and Company will be there to make sure taxpayers provide whatever.

This Town Government has now Officially been sold to special interest developers - Game Over!

22 months and counting,
    out of here!

PS: Quess who sits on the Sewer Board?
    Is there any board he "doesn't" sit on?

Hey Lancaster Wetlands:

What I find bizarre is on how you and your Brunck Road neighbors are going to be impacted by the Windsor Ridge South development and that some of your neighbors are so ill-informed as to what’s going on that they can’t understand your challenges to the project. They take the position that the town and/or developer would never do anything wrong or are so apathetic that you could just about do anything to them and they would sit back and accept it.

You have neighbors to the east of you that believe the south branch of Slate Bottom Creek runs behind their property. As we both know, the creek begins at the bridge and runs 339 feet along side (west) and parallel to your house. The creek used to flow at a 45 degree angle from the bridge to the southwest. The town altered the creek direction 30 years, the same town that now tells you how inviolate it is to disturb the creek; the same town who allowed a sanitary sewer to be buried in Ellicott Creek. Your neighbors to the east don’t know how you fought to have that “stream” behind them designated as a floodway and have development kept from the area. They don’t know that the regulator agencies and the town denied your petition and up until the last minute refused to acknowledge that drawings (even FEMA drawings) showed the creek direction as it was 30 years ago. In fact, you became only informed that you needed floodplain insurance several years when you applied for a loan.

You have another neighbor that lives to the west that chastised you for brining up the beaver population that was damning the creek and causing you flooding issues. He changed his tune when the flooding started inundating his property. Just like a lot of other residents in town who take the position “if it’s not in my back yard, I don’t give a rats ass.”

Developers rule in Lancaster while resident best interests play second fiddle, at least until right before election time. Do you have just cause to seek legal counsel, probably, but could you afford the legal costs and would you want to when your neighbors don’t seem to care. They will later and then say “We should have known better.” And so too will the unsuspecting homebuyers who move into Windsor Ridge Swamp when through the years their houses settle and structural failures occur.

Make up some flyers

Make up some flyers and do some handouts to your neighbors homes. Knock on some doors - educate others. People just don't care until it involves them - get them involved.

Let them know how this will affect their lives and investments.

As you know Windsor Ridge and other subdivisions have similar issues. The Town Board wont do anything until voters wake up. - Wake them up!
    November is Coming!
    Lancaster Town Board Elections!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

People Don't care until it's there property...

I have seen it over and over again people really don't care until there home and livlihood are affected. Many older people don't want the agrivation and younger couples don't bother unless it directly concerns them.

I have shown the picture of the wetlands area and they couldn't beleive it
    ( just what we need more water)( The new Giza Lake)everyone thought it was a retention pond. prior to that when I was telling them what they were doing it was a joke. I really don't think they beleived me.

It's amazing when the bulldozers start moving my phone rings off the hook everyone wants to know whats going on. No one wants to put in the effort to check things out or ask questions its actually quite sad.

People don't get involved and yes they should atleast to be aware of what's going on in there area and it's amazing what you learn in the process.

I understand what they are trying to do but they dug up a wetland area to make a wetland area.(mitigation area)
    It seems everytime they screw with mother nature we have issues. Water finds its way and it's difficult to reroute water without it returning to its original course.

There has to be some builders out there that can answer this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if you dig this area for a mitigation area and it looks like the previous pictures and is filled with water after 22 days of no rain what will happen when they put foundations in or if this amount of water is located below the surface what kind of pressure will that put on your foundation walls.

Hey Lee... remember everything is small to moderate

I can relate to that ideology

When people are informed ~~ they are interested but really don't want to get involved. It has been a struggle to educate the town and neighborhood in regards to the airport. The mantra in today's society is "if it doesn't happen in my back yard, if I don't have to pay a cent, if I don't have the hassles, etc..", they will not even give their opinions.

Remember the old saying "you can bring a horse to the water, but you can't force them to drink?"

But 4248 is absolutely correct in that flyers, pictures and word of mouth can at least give the people the option to open their minds. When push comes to shove, you might be surprised in your neighborhood. I wish you luck. It is a struggle none the less. Don't give up. You live there too.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    When people are informed ~~ they are interested but really don't want to get involved. It has been a struggle to educate the town and neighborhood in regards to the airport. The mantra in today's society is "if it doesn't happen in my back yard, if I don't have to pay a cent, if I don't have the hassles, etc..", they will not even give their opinions.

Remember the old saying "you can bring a horse to the water, but you can't force them to drink?"

But 4248 is absolutely correct in that flyers, pictures and word of mouth can at least give the people the option to open their minds. When push comes to shove, you might be surprised in your neighborhood. I wish you luck. It is a struggle none the less. Don't give up. You live there too.
    I agree. Same problem on street I live on. Residents are calling us complaining about low flying airplanes and asking what SAC is doing about it. Come on people! You live in Lancaster as well. Join our cause instead of waiting for problem to be solved.

Hey Lancaster Wetlands

I spoke to someone in the know yesterday about the wetland mitigation area that is under water. It is a wetland mitigation area that is innundated with water because when the area was dug out for that purpose the water table was close to the surface (within two feet). No answer was given as to what course would be taken to correct the situation.

What should be questioned is how much of the site has the water table so close to the surface and what flooding and drainage issues will be present in the future. Then again, developers are known to suck ponds and wetlands dry for building purposes. But then what?

People don't sacrafice the time.....

Many of you know the time it takes to do all these things. People don't want to spend the time or money on these issues. I can't tell you the amount of time or money I have spent, let alone the agrivation of attending board meetings and being treated like an ass....

Residents don't sacrafice the time to attend board meetings and in addition to researching projects or history of facts they just don't put forth the effort. Thats why the Town has gotten away with these things for years. residents never questioned there decisions and many who did were strong armed or threatened for going against the Town leadership.

I have made flyers and spent hundreds to include colored photos so they could actually see what was going on......Many residents have the theory you can't fight city hall and are willing to take what ever they give them.

Someone recently wrote on SUWNY he was afraid to miss the town meetings because they would do something or put something through without being questioned...Thats sad.... Why should we have to watch the people working for us. When they are suppose to be acting in the best interest of the residents and community....

I applaud all those that do attend the meetings and constantly question the leadership on what the hell there doing. God knows were going to pay for it in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands View Post
    Many of you know the time it takes to do all these things. People don't want to spend the time or money on these issues. I can't tell you the amount of time or money I have spent, let alone the agrivation of attending board meetings and being treated like an ass....

Residents don't sacrafice the time to attend board meetings and in addition to researching projects or history of facts they just don't put forth the effort. Thats why the Town has gotten away with these things for years. residents never questioned there decisions and many who did were strong armed or threatened for going against the Town leadership.

I have made flyers and spent hundreds to include colored photos so they could actually see what was going on......Many residents have the theory you can't fight city hall and are willing to take what ever they give them.

Someone recently wrote on SUWNY he was afraid to miss the town meetings because they would do something or put something through without being questioned...Thats sad.... Why should we have to watch the people working for us. When they are suppose to be acting in the best interest of the residents and community....

I applaud all those that do attend the meetings and constantly question the leadership on what the hell there doing. God knows were going to pay for it in the future....
    Yes, we have been attending all meetings lately. We already have back ups just in case we are unable to make one. Pre meetings are actually more important to attend than actual public meeting.

They were told about the water table

Hey Lee ...

Remember during the SEQR I told them the water table was said to be less than a foot from the surface.. This came from an expert in the field for someone on hall Rd. STUCK ON STUPID CONTINUES.....If the water table is that high I still want to know what happens to the foundations...I think it would look like this....But I don't know what I'm talking about......God knows the bee or News don't tell of these stories. They wait for homes to collapse and then it's considered news.

basement 006.jpg

basement 002.jpg

basement 011.jpg
    Last edited by Lancaster wetlands; September 22nd, 2009 at 09:46 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information