Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl's body found in dump

Girl's body found in dump

How sad this story is. I hope they find this guy and cut of a few body parts. Sick bastard!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Excuse me, but why is a 7 year old child walking home from school? Do 5 years olds walk that far? Before anyone jumps on my because kids need exercise and yada yada yada - LOOK what happened? I think a child that age is too young to walk a mile.

I saw this on the news on Wednesday, that she was missing.

I lived in Jacksonville for a short period of time. It's full of people from everywhere. There's a naval base there which brings many people to the area.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    Excuse me, but why is a 7 year old child walking home from school? Do 5 years olds walk that far? Before anyone jumps on my because kids need exercise and yada yada yada - LOOK what happened? I think a child that age is too young to walk a mile.

I saw this on the news on Wednesday, that she was missing.

I lived in Jacksonville for a short period of time. It's full of people from everywhere. There's a naval base there which brings many people to the area.
    I certainly agree with you and wondered the same thing myself. That would be the day I would allow a young child to make her own way home. She was walking with her older sister, brother and friends but still....

Walking home isn't the issue. Walking home alone is the issue. She was supposedly walking home ahead of the group of kids she usually walked home with. They supposedly saw nothing. How far ahead of them was she that she could disappear and nobody saw anything? That makes me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Walking home isn't the issue. Walking home alone is the issue. She was supposedly walking home ahead of the group of kids she usually walked home with. They supposedly saw nothing. How far ahead of them was she that she could disappear and nobody saw anything? That makes me wonder.
    Poor little thing in the wrong place at the wrong time..

they had an argument that started at school - sounds like they were making fun of her or teasing her for something and she took off in a different direction. I still do not think 5 kids even together at that age should be walking 1 mile without an adult.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    they had an argument that started at school - sounds like they were making fun of her or teasing her for something and she took off in a different direction. I still do not think 5 kids even together at that age should be walking 1 mile without an adult.
    1 mile is a long way for young children to walk on their own. Whomever took her may have been watching and planning for awhile. I sure hope they catch him. Any idea how old oldest was? I did not notice in news article.

Florida has to the worst place in the world to have young children. I read that there are some 100 registered sex offenders in the area where she lived. Children are constantly coming up dead or abused in Florida. I would avoid Florida at all costs if I had young Children.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

It's so incredibly hard and sad. I cried when I heard the story. Then I thought to myself, God has her now and there are no more tears in Heaven. To have to live and remember for the rest of her life the events that lead up to her death may, perhaps, be a fate worse than death. I feel bad for the family. That poor mother who lost her baby. I can't imagine the pain.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Can we make a pact not to post these types of stories any more?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Can we make a pact not to post these types of stories any more?
    Sure, but only three days after all of the scum like this baby-killer have been sent to Hell. And according to today's Snooze, where was another one out in California.

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

My! How times have changed. I was in Grammar School back in the late forties and early fifties and walked probably a mile and a half to two miles to school and back every school day no matter the weather.

It was a different world then. No fears about the terrible things happening like today. I rode a school bus to High School but don't remember if they were around before that.

I'm thankful my grandkids have school busses and parents who are watchful as to their well being. I think the pressures on today's parents raising their kids are greater than in my parents day or even when my kids were in school.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Florida has to the worst place in the world to have young children. I read that there are some 100 registered sex offenders in the area where she lived. Children are constantly coming up dead or abused in Florida. I would avoid Florida at all costs if I had young Children.
    Oh, but it's a great place because it has low taxes!!!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that because there are some posters on this MB who act like the only important thing in the world is taxes.

Anyways, you are right that Florida is not a good place for children. It may be fine if you are very wealthy and live in a gated community, send your kids to private schools, etc, but for ordinary, middle class or working class people, it's not a child-friendly place at all.

Part of the problem is the burgeoning population that has overwhelmed schools, services, and facilities. Another problem is that the transient nature of the population: because Florida is relatively cheap and easy to get to (compared to California), it's a magnet for "drifters", many of whom are career criminals. The transient nature of the population means that many families don't have roots in the communities where they live, so that they don't notice/care about what's going on with their neighbors.

Several years ago, there was a story in the national news about a little girl whom the Florida social services system "lost". I think her name was Rachelle or something like that. Supposedly, she was in the custody of a relative and social workers were checking on her "regularly". The fact was that nobody had seen her for months before this came to somebody's attention. I don't think that they ever found her.

Part of the problem is the burgeoning population that has overwhelmed schools, services, and facilities. Another problem is that the transient nature of the population: because Florida is relatively cheap and easy to get to (compared to California), it's a magnet for "drifters", many of whom are career criminals. The transient nature of the population means that many families don't have roots in the communities where they live, so that they don't notice/care about what's going on with their neighbors.

The comment about Florida being easier to get to is so telling of how narrow minded you are Linda.

Is Florida easier to get to than California from Washington or Arizona or Nevada. Once again, you take your personal location and viewpoint and state it as facts.

The reason why California and Florida have such problems is the weather. As someone who lives in Southern California, I know first hand that transient can live year round outdoors. This feeds the migration.

The other consideration for Florida is the sex offender residency rule. The movement to ban sex offenders from living within 2500 ft of schools and playgrounds STARTED in Florida when the daughter of a powerful state lobbyist was abused by her female nanny.

This person, who I forgot his name, made it his mission to cover the state and then nation with this law. All this did was drive the sex offenders underground and force them to live on the streets. When you live on the streets, you live where the streets are the warmest year round. Florida just happens to be a tropical climate.

FWIW, this same person is now calling for modifications to these rules.

Personally, I think they should just fry those who do things to kids or put them in a work camp for the rest of their lives. But since the liberals feel someone can be reformed, you have to contain the problem post release.

I am not sure why I corrected you. You have a nice trait of leaving threads in which you are correct in.

Oh, but it's a great place because it has low taxes!!!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that because there are some posters on this MB who act like the only important thing in the world is taxes.

Once again you've proven yourself to be a hemorrhoid. Even a rectal sphincter has a purpose. Your above post has no purpose but to expose you for the ignorant buffoon that you really are.
    Tell me, do you stalk people that don't share your views and say stupid things, that have nothing at all to do with anything, on your side of the screen as well?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information