Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love reading when people fluff thier stats

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I love reading when people fluff thier stats

The politicswny.com story

This is what gives this medium a bad name:

"We dont like to gloat alot here at wny media.... but w
    e are just three days away from reaching another milestone at WNYmedia.com.

For the month of June for just this website, we are less than 2,000 unique visitors away from passing our previous high (last month) of 39,047. Our monthly visitors ( people who keep coming back for more) are 3 times that!!
    In just three months we have gained 10,000 daily readers just to WNY media.com." Mark Odien!!!

Email:
    "Just for clarification purposes, it was Chris Smith, the man who runs the blog BuffaloGeek.com, who said the line about "40,000 page views a day" and not I. Chris and I spoke today and he said he was the one who said that. He did have the wrong wording there as he should have said 40,000 page views a week. I didn't remember saying that on the air so I'm glad to hear I wasn't losing my mind even though I am turning 30 this Sunday. Have a great holiday"

Dan Meyer

Update: People in the know are laughing at Mark Odien's explanations, WNY Media Stats, for the number of errors recorded on his stats report. Not to mention his idiotic explanation for the amount of bandwidth my site uses as compared to his entire network. Bottom line is the man is a complete liar & fraud.

Albeit, the real belly laugh this Monday morning must be directed at Amherst Times Jim *******. Jim & my publication, then the
    www.Illuzziletter.com, worked very closely six years ago on the Plant 16, Waste Treatment Plant expose. Too Ticoli's credit his info proved accurate as witnessed by a recent series by the Buffalo News, as is the norm years after the fact. Witness the paper's coverage of the Giambra administration as another example.

I mentioned to Jim, at the time, I knew John Gotti from a short period of time I spent at Lewisburg Penitentiary in 1970-71. Gotti lived on the 3rd floor, I on the 2nd floor of the same cell house. Prison officials put me in that cell house because I was the youngest person im the joint; I could do things, the books, the other inmates couldn't do. The average grade point at the time was 6.4.

So they in their wisdom put me in the same cell house as the a group of NYC Sicilian/Italian mobsters for my protection. Many stories about those six months; for now I included ******* in my Odien remarks because he is the only one who could have shared that "incorrect" info with Odien, as usual (esp. as of late) ******* had the story wrong.

Mar "k" Odien mentioned on his site that three of his bloggers were going to be on the radio Sunday. He had two reasons: One I would mention the show, happy too, Kevin Hardwick at 10:00 am. The other writing why have I never been a guest on the show. Actually, I opened his first three or four shows. I believe the guy has truly lost it this time! His bloggers might want to get him some help! He & Jim ******* can check into the same asylum. ###

WNY Media Stats: Please note the number of failed requests 81,000 plus. Any expert will tell you someone was just clicking the site via a program in order to get this many failed requests. Also note the pages read, someone changed the two top numbers, this based on the rest of the info.

These numbers are fraudulent! Odien pulled his numbers from the WNY media site; but alas he cannot escape the truth. ###

"Mr. Illuzzi spends the day refreshing his own website. Since he's the only one that reads it, that would explain his ridiculous claim of 48 GB.... Which is a lie in and of itself." Mark Odien

Well, Mark, I sell ads, 100's over the years, (So I'm certainly not the only one reading my site.), in part, predicated on these numbers, so if not true the DA can arrest me for fraud. I suggest when & if you ever sell "1" ad, like in one, for your twenty member network you had better start telling the truth & stop the 'bizzare ramblings' or, this isn't a threat, it is a promise, I will see you prosecuted.

By the way I wrote, 'sell ads impart on our numbers,' the other parts are content & influence. You fail miserably on both counts. Your lies, profanity, etc., disqualifies you on both counts, Mark.

Do the lies & language make you feel like a man, Mark? Just asking!

PoliticsNY.net June 2006 (Right Off the Server)

Pages Hits Bandwidth

50.50 GB

I just can't stop laughing at Mark Odien. WNY media, threats, lies, threats, lies! He really expects anyone to believe his nonsense & no one reads his "network" anyway. The others Bedenko, Meyers, Renford, et al., might remember, "you sleep with dogs you get fleas."

The world was made for Dick Kern & Mark Odien to collaborate.

Oh & yes, I knew John Gotti 36 years ago, Jimmy Hoffa, et al., we were all in the class of 1971.

(I am forwarding your last post to to "Junior" Gotti. I am sure he will find you as amusing as I do; but then again maybe not! By the way do you know where Hoffa's body is buried? You claim too know everything else, Mark.) ###

Like Mark Odien, anyone who uses Alexa to validate stats has something to hide or is just out & out lying . Alexa doesn't count multiple URLs, etc. Use of Alexa's tool bar is a principle criteria too even begin to get a fair count. The numbers are just false. Scott Jones, Real Amherst.com now defunct, used Alexa all of the time until he was exposed as a liar.

Let me make the point Odien claims 23.7 gigabytes of bandwidth for the month, for his "multiple" linked site. Our single page 48.9 gigabytes of bandwidth for our single page format. Bandwidth, easily verified, is an accurate indicator of traffic to a given web site, in this case 11 or 12 web sites which is WNY media. The man, aka Buffalo Watchdog, is an out & out liar; every dog has his day!

Odien sent me an email Thursday thanking me for the "Free Press." The emails I get say why even bother with a low life like Odien, just ignore him like everyone else, Joe. After being fired from his last two jobs no one will hire him & no one takes him seriously because he has "Flipped" out!

Illuzzi: I don't ignore him, 'all of the time,' because he gives this medium a bad name.

A good point:
    This character says his site will do "40,000" unique visits this month, not including the rest of the network. Odien's claim is not only ludicrous but what he is saying anyone who visits his site, which is updated daily, only comes back one or twice a month!

Who in their right mind would want to advertise on a site that is visited so infrequently?

Truth is this gambit is reminiscent of Scott Jones', "Real Amherst.com" now defunct, fraudulent claims. I have a source on the inside of Odien, Hamburg Sun's Dan Meyer, Bedenko, et al., operation (Bedenko does a good job.), these stats are completely false, number one. Number two, if true & they are not WNY media would rival the Buffalo News. What they do is send out spam, multiple links counted as visits, this kind of thing to fabricate their numbers; in this case it is just & out & out lying.

WBEN's Hardwick Sunday radio show, Hamburg Sun Editor Dan Meyer said, the entire network does 40,000 page views a day; who is lying Meyer or Odien or both. That would be 1.2 Million a month. My single page site does about half of that (600,000) & we do not approach 40,000 unique visits per month.

The problem is these clowns are going to attempt to sell ads based on these numbers. I believe that is a crime, a felony if I am not mistaken. I can tell you with absolute certainty very - very few people I know read these blogs. No one has "flipped" over WNY media!

By the way one of the most significant elements to the "Flipping" story was missed by its producers. Government sponsored "Flipping" via Grants. One East side Corp. got circa a million dollars & bought five houses on the East side, sold one, the rest of the $$$ went for administrative costs. I believe the Corp was called EBCOP or something like that. We did volumes on the issue back in 1998-99, art, the works

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The wnymedia.net story

Written by Mar"c" Odien
    Saturday, 01 July 2006
    Update: This is getting old again, it's like fighting with a child. All he's trying to do is increase his numbers thrrough our traffic flow. Besides, we are bickering over numbers that truthfully, I dont even care about, let alone do you the readers.
    But to set the record straight our failed requests stem from articles and links off web searches from posts, pictures and video,off our old server. I think he needs some new experts. I have three words for you Joe: Bring it on. PLEASE prosecute me so we can finally go into discovery and show the public once and for all the truth of your fraudulent business practices. If not shut the hell up and deal with your shortcomings another way...[IMG]http://wnymedia.net/images/stories/illuzzibull****.jpg[/IMG] Oh BTW, three of our guys are on WBEN tomorrow.... When are you going to be on Joe? I thought so...
    Buffalo, NY -I don't know what I am more flattered, honored, etc.. about today. That Mr. Illuzzi would take up so much of his precious and costly web space on me the last few days, or that the entire update is in bright RED!!
    The only thing I can attest to this latest onslaught of lies and deceit from this former bank robber and now political pocket picker is the fact that our site owners are eating up his precious media time. Or maybe its the fact that his property flipping contributor frank parlato Jr, gets called out in our movie. Who knows what sets off a guy who boasts about being John Gotti's little bitch while in prison years back.
    I know you tell me to stop feeding the trolls.... but sometimes I just can't resist. So a little lesson in web site stats 101 since Joe skipped college altogether for a stint in a federal pen underneath, John Gotti.(literally from what I hear)
    1. Bandwidth is an accurate indicator of traffic to a given web site
    completely ridiculous!!!
    First, let us begin by defining bandwidth. What is often referred to as bandwidth is really data transfer, which is the total of how much data has been transferred from a site over a certain period of time. Every time someone makes a request for an HTML page (views it in a browser), that HTML file is transferred to the user's computer, which takes bandwidth. If there are any images on that page, each of those images must also be transferred to the users browser, which takes more bandwidth. Bandwidth consumption on specific sites can be minimized by making the data set to be transferred smaller. Some of the ways to accomplish this include removing extraneous tags and spaces in your HTML code, compressing images more, using less colors in them, and using fewer images. Also, not using Microsoft Front Page. Not only does it generate sloppy and bloated code, but it adds unnecessarily to bandwidth consumption.
    Joe's page is filled with high quality graphics that take up a ton of bandwidth. That and his very poorly written html take a huge amount of bandwidth with every load. So lets say for example, Mr. Illuzzi spends the day refreshing his own website. since he's the only one that reads it, that would explain his ridiculous claim of 48 GB.... Which is a lie in and of itself.
    2. THE STATS POSTED YESTERDAY WERE FOR ONE WEBSITE.....OURS
    3. I WISH HE COULD AT LEAST SPELL MY NAME RIGHT.... ITS M-A-R-C....
    4. WHEN YOU FIND OUT WHAT JOB I WAS ACTUALLY FIRED FROM.. PLEASE COME TELL ME TOO SO I CAN ADD THAT TO MY LONG RESPECTABLE RESUME
    5. ALEXA STATS DO NOTHING MORE THAN BACK UP OUR CLAIM THAT OUR WEBSITE IS MORE POPULAR THAN YOURS...
    6. THE STATS POSTED YESTERDAY ARE SPIT OUT STRAIGHT OFF OUR SERVER WHICH WE HAVE NO REAL ACCESS TO MANIPULATE.
    7. WNYMEDIA PROUDLY HOSTS 20 PLUS WEBSITES... SOME YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT
    8. MR. ILLUZZI HAS NO "INSIDE TRACK" ON OUR OPERATION, NOR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.
    9. WE ALREADY CALLED YOU OUT IN THE BUFFALO NEWS ONCE JOE, MIGHT WE NEED TO DO IT AGAIN?? WE HAVE A LOT MORE ON YOU NOW THAN WE DID IN DECEMBER... YOU WANT TO KEEP PLAYING??
    10.WHERE ARE YOUR STATS JOE? WE POSTED OURS...IM SURE MR. GOTTI TOOK YOUR MAN-HOOD FROM YOU ALL THOSE YEARS, BUT BE SPORT AND POST YOUR STATS.... I THOUGHT SO...

http://wnymedia.net/video/illuzzipopupvideo_300k.wmv

I read it all the other day, it's getting good, ...personally, I like the gotti reference best!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprized Illuzi hasn't pressed this issue.

www.politicswny.net

Seems wnymedia.net bought that domain and pointed it to his site. Thats something I would expect from someone very very tacky

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This was interesting

http://marcodien.com/

• WNY Media Network - Buffalo, NY - News Director/Webmaster/Columnist/On -Air Personality
    09/05 - present
    Independent online network of progressive local media websites that involve a combination of community participation, activism and journalism for the betterment of the Western New York Region and has already had an impact on our community.. WNY Media Network has grown to average 250,00 page views a day. Daily tasks include updating daily news content on web, manage 15 weekly contributors, maintaining website, writing, editing, proofreading, research, web design, graphics, updating and maintaining online radio station programming and content, journalistic investigative skills, photojournalism, Non-linear video editing, promotion and community relations. Host of Necessary Discourse - a one hour weekly talk radio program addressing political topics and other areas of interest in Western New York and nationally. Site averages 125,000 page views a day.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    I'm surprized Illuzi hasn't pressed this issue.

www.politicswny.net

Seems wnymedia.net bought that domain and pointed it to his site. Thats something I would expect from someone very very tacky
    c'mon res, I think it's called a game of wits. Touche'

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Not in that case.

It's misleading.

If you were an upstanding "news" source you wouldn't stoop to using the name of another news source to scab some traffic.

Personally they are both BS'ers just from observing thier commentary on thier own stats.

If they would like to finally settle this once and for all they should give me access to thier stats and I'll give a completely unbiased report on uniques/page views. I happen to know what I'm talking about when it comes to stats. Lets say I have a little bit of experience with the topic.

It's funny funny how one will discredit alexa yet the same one used another ranking system to brag how they were number one. I noticed the one that used the other ranking system isn't bragging he's #3 now once I entered speakupwny and onlinebuffalo into that system. They are currently #1 and #2. He's still respectable at #3 but why discredit an acutal better ranking system than the one you were using to brag about.

Alexa is now on a zillion computers so once you pass 100,000 it does reflect the sites traffic pattern.

Most Popular In News and Media ranked by Alexa
    The most visited sites in all 'News and Media' categories.

1. Buffalo News
    www.buffalonews.com - Site info

2. Speak up WNY
    www.speakupwny.com - Site info

3. WGRZ - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wgrz.com - Site info

4. WIVB - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wivb.com - Site info

5. WKBW - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wkbw.com - Site info

6. ArtVoice
    www.artvoice.com - Site info

7. Business First of Buffalo
    buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo - Site info

8. WEDG - 103.3 FM Buffalo, NY.
    www.wedg.com - Site info

9. WBFO 88-7 FM
    www.wbfo.buffalo.edu - Site info

10. WNED - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wned.org - Site info
    Most Popular In Buffalo ranked by Alexa
    The most visited sites in all 'Buffalo' categories.

1. Buffalo News
    www.buffalonews.com - Site info

2. VoIPSupply.com - Your One-Stop Shop for all things VoIP
    www.VoIPSupply.com - Site info

3. Speak up WNY
    www.speakupwny.com - Site info

4. Auto City of Buffalo, Inc
    www.autocitybuff.com - Site info

5. Buffalo.Com
    www.buffalo.com - Site info

6. Keg Works
    www.KegWorks.com - Site info

7. WGRZ - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wgrz.com - Site info

8. Goo Goo Dolls
    www.googoodolls.com - Site info

9. National Weather Service
    www.wbuf.noaa.gov - Site info

10. WIVB - TV Buffalo, NY
    www.wivb.com - Site info

In Illuzi's favor his site is truely targeted to local/state/county political matters over all. Wnymedia.net targets a little of everything which isn't a bad thing but it's not just focusing on the same content as Illuzi's site does. They both have viewers though but I believe they BOTH fluff up thier acutal readership.

they have a feud going on, it's tit for tat right now, personal feelings and tempers have prevailed - they're human and it's been really muggy outside

Begins with S between Eggertsville and Williamsville

Cheeses of Nazareth...

Resident...

You are hardly unbiased...

WNYmedia.net and its network are in comp with you too...

This sounds like a veiled attempt to bash what they are accomplishing...

***disclaimer***
    I am affiliated with WNYmedia.net....once affiliated with Speak Up....and I interviewed Joe Illuzi...

-----------------------------------

Wnymedia.net, Speak Up and Illuzi's site all add something to WNY's cyberland... Whether you like any of them or not, it gives us an opportunity to read and post in an environment that allows for more opinion and exchange of ideas...it allows normal average people to engage in a higher level of connectedness with WNY....this is a good thing and demonstrates the beauty of the internet for the common and uncommon WNY man/woman...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Not in that case.

It's misleading.

If you were an upstanding "news" source you wouldn't stoop to using the name of another news source to scab some traffic.

Personally they are both BS'ers just from observing thier commentary on thier own stats.

If they would like to finally settle this once and for all they should give me access to thier stats and I'll give a completely unbiased report on uniques/page views. I happen to know what I'm talking about when it comes to stats. Lets say I have a little bit of experience with the topic.

It's funny funny how one will discredit alexa yet the same one used another ranking system to brag how they were number one. I noticed the one that used the other ranking system isn't bragging he's #3 now once I entered speakupwny and onlinebuffalo into that system. They are currently #1 and #2. He's still respectable at #3 but why discredit an acutal better ranking system than the one you were using to brag about.

Alexa is now on a zillion computers so once you pass 100,000 it does reflect the sites traffic pattern.

In Illuzi's favor his site is truely targeted to local/state/county political matters over all. Wnymedia.net targets a little of everything which isn't a bad thing but it's not just focusing on the same content as Illuzi's site does. They both have viewers though but I believe they BOTH fluff up thier acutal readership.
    Christopher Byrd
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://indabuff.com
    http://broadwayfillmorealive.org

Oh, Jesus Tony Not You Too!!!

Don't even get me started on your bloated stats and way to cut in on someone elses coversation....

What is it with you website owners and your stats....Your all freakin nuts...

besides you, and Joe, who really cares?? I know I don't....

I fight with Joe because its fun and keeps me on my toes... not because of my stats....
    But you seem to forget that we are the only site that has publically posted our stats... unedited

Which makes you no better than Joe, Tony.... for all your bitching you have yet to do the same and post your stats for all to see....

Next maybe we can all measure the size of our **** and see whose is bigger...

From the looks of it, I'd probably win that too...
    Buffalo's Blogging Community
    WNYmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog
    Next maybe we can all measure the size of our **** and see whose is bigger...

From the looks of it, I'd probably win that too...

sounds like a good picnic activity, ...you coming?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy

sounds like a good picnic activity, ...you coming?
    Post of the month, thats two points for you buffy. LOL
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Unregistered
    LOL .. line up the competitors.

We'll need a few judges with score cards

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cheeses of Nazareth...

Resident...

You are hardly unbiased...

WNYmedia.net and its network are in comp with you too...

This sounds like a veiled attempt to bash what they are accomplishing...

***disclaimer***
    I am affiliated with WNYmedia.net....once affiliated with Speak Up....and I interviewed Joe Illuzi...

-----------------------------------

Wnymedia.net, Speak Up and Illuzi's site all add something to WNY's cyberland... Whether you like any of them or not, it gives us an opportunity to read and post in an environment that allows for more opinion and exchange of ideas...it allows normal average people to engage in a higher level of connectedness with WNY....this is a good thing and demonstrates the beauty of the internet for the common and uncommon WNY man/woman...
    I'm very unbiased when it comes to just numbers. They don't have to be interpited. A unique visitor is a unique vistor. A visitor is a visitor. How would that be biased?

I just don't like people who fluff up what they really have because it's misleading. Haven't you had enough "misleading" from our area politicians?

There's also no vieled attempts at anything and don't twist it into something it's not. I'm just tired of people who mislead people. I think the flipped video Michelle/Marc put gether was great.

Joe is a good fluffer when using the term hits. Hits mean nothing because they are based on how many "objects" on his one page. Lets say one week he averaged 100,000 hits based on 100 objects (ads,text blocks, jpgs) on his front page. You know all he has to do is add 10 more "objects" and if the same exact number of people come in the following week his just got 110,000 hits! A 10% increase! You guys better place more ads!!! Hits are increasing!... which in turn when added acutally adds more hits even though there may be less readers.

He then goes and says "record hit month!!!" blau blau blau... but if he can use that to get a politician to advertise on his site all I can say is good job Joe! If I could high five him I would. That's his business model and apparently it works for him.

It's not his fault politicians are stupid enough to hand over thier money believing somehow it's going to help them win elections. I believe most of his readership are other politicians/political party people catching up what is happening with other area politicians. I don't think that will help with votes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And now for Marc

The link to the story

Buffalo, NY - We dont like to gloat alot here at wnymedia.... but we are just three days away from reaching another milestone at WNYmedia.net.
    For the month of June for just this website, we are less than 2,000 unique visitors away from passing our previous high (last month) of 39,047. Our monthly visitors ( people who keep coming back for more) are 3 times that!!
    In just three months we have gained 10,000 daily readers just to WNYmedia.net!!!
    Also, over the next few days we will have 4 new websites to unveil to Western New York and the world... And just about every site on the network has gained serious readership in just the past few months...
    Now thats progress...
    Stay tuned.... As tomorrow I will assume regular blogging duties once again... Thanks to the Chris's while we tightend up a new and improved "Flipped', Which by the way is:
    TONIGHT AT THE MARKET ARCADE AT 7pm and 8:15pm
    10,000 daily readers huh?

09/05 - present
    Independent online network of progressive local media websites that involve a combination of community participation, activism and journalism for the betterment of the Western New York Region and has already had an impact on our community.. WNY Media Network has grown to average 250,00 page views a day. Daily tasks include updating daily news content on web, manage 15 weekly contributors, maintaining website, writing, editing, proofreading, research, web design, graphics, updating and maintaining online radio station programming and content, journalistic investigative skills, photojournalism, Non-linear video editing, promotion and community relations. Host of Necessary Discourse - a one hour weekly talk radio program addressing political topics and other areas of interest in Western New York and nationally. Site averages 125,000 page views a day.

I assume his typo was supposed to be 250,000 page views a day for the network community. See that last sentence? Do I need to say more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information