Thread: Paterson says gay marriage bill will pass in NY

Unregistered

Paterson says gay marriage bill will pass in NY

If this indeed happens it will place NYS as a leader of an important, long delayed civil rights movement.

http://www.buffalonews.com/260/story/836549.html

Paterson says gay marriage bill will pass in NY

The Associated Press, Updated: October 22, 2009, 10:47 PM

New York Gov. David Paterson says he expects to sign a same-sex marriage bill into law in the coming weeks.

Paterson says he expects the state Senate to give the measure final legislative approval in the coming weeks and then he will sign it. That would make New York the seventh state to legalize same-sex marriage.

Paterson's statements to the Empire State Pride Agenda fall dinner in Manhattan on Thursday come as advocates and sponsors of the bill in Albany have been quietly working to build support. The bill was blocked by a coup in the Senate in the final days of the regular session in June.

The Democrat-led Assembly has already passed the measure.

Paterson says he will place the bill on the agenda for a special session in the weeks ahead.

FUNY aint that just great,Rome is burning an he is worried about the life style of the perverets. God this state blows,It really does. I hope like hell NY feels the rath.

Unregistered

Village bigot (& idiot)?

"Cgood" has repeatedly flaunted the SUWNY 'tos' which states, "keep it civil or you will be booted".

And his relentless raw bigotry, replete with spelling & grammar errors indicative of a 3rd grade education (or less?), has effectivley driven away any potential poster who is GLBT, or their family & friends who love them . . while painfully illustrating massive brain-drain in Bflo & WNY.

Its not pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by kernwatch View Post
    "Cgood" has repeatedly flaunted the SUWNY 'tos' which states, "keep it civil or you will be booted".

And his relentless raw bigotry, replete with spelling & grammar errors indicative of a 3rd grade education (or less?), has effectivley driven away any potential poster who is GLBT, or their family & friends who love them . . while painfully illustrating massive brain-drain in Bflo & WNY.

Its not pretty!

Not that anyone can speak for Cgood,, let me see if I can translate..

NY is going down the proverbial tubes, and passing the Gay marriage law would seem somewhat less significant to the loss of population and jobs. A large, growing and devastating deficit notwithstanding.

If you really think people like Cgood drove away citizens from this area, then color me confused. I thought it was Pols, special interest and unions that make this place inhospitable to investment ad nauseum.?

Its not pretty!
    Please don't insult rednecks with only 3rd grade educations!!!

Truth be told, old CBAD's not as bad as Sock Puppet, the only I've DA I've actually put on IGNORE -- and kept there -- along with that other weirdo who was banned, TIMMY.

Well let's do some math here. It take 32 votes in the Senate to pass a bill, currently their are only 26.... so NO it won't pass.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Good old Kern can't stop with the "gay" themed threads and posts. Why not just admit it and move on? A guy your age shouldn't have to keep things all bottled up inside, Dick.

This is simply a Patterson smoke screen. If he can get people to focus on the ridiculousness of his proposal then they'll quit talking and thinking about what a miserable job he's done.
    He could care less about the actual issue, he's looking for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Good old Kern can't stop with the "gay" themed threads and posts. Why not just admit it and move on? A guy your age shouldn't have to keep things all bottled up inside, Dick.

This is simply a Patterson smoke screen. If he can get people to focus on the ridiculousness of his proposal then they'll quit talking and thinking about what a miserable job he's done.
    He could care less about the actual issue, he's looking for cover.
    Sorry, but I don't think this is a "Patterson smoke screen". He announced that he would push for this as soon as the Democrats won the state senate in November. Most of the legislators who support this bill are urban Democrats, and most who oppose it are rural/suburban/upstate Republicans. I doubt that Cuomo, his likely primary opponent, will oppose this bill, so Patterson gains nothing electorally by supporting this bill except to do something that he thinks is right. If he was seeking an electoral advantage on this issue, he'd oppose gay marriage and try to get votes from the anti-gay crowd.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here's my answer... who the hell cares.. Why the state burdens us to the point people moving out of state and businesses struggling the gay marriage issue is a waste of time.

Maybe if the law makers get their heads out of their asses and actually worked NYS could be the power house it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think this is a "Patterson smoke screen". He announced that he would push for this as soon as the Democrats won the state senate in November. Most of the legislators who support this bill are urban Democrats, and most who oppose it are rural/suburban/upstate Republicans. I doubt that Cuomo, his likely primary opponent, will oppose this bill, so Patterson gains nothing electorally by supporting this bill except to do something that he thinks is right. If he was seeking an electoral advantage on this issue, he'd oppose gay marriage and try to get votes from the anti-gay crowd.
    Ahh blame the republicans! Lat time i checked, NYS doesn't need one R vote to pass a single thing!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

If this indeed happens it will place NYS as a leader of an important, long delayed civil rights movement.
    will this make you come back to NY?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Its not pretty!
    Hey Dick come on back to Buffalo please,you can teach me how to spell. Het Dick shut your friggin Pie hole. Yes I am a bigot and proud of it.Now what are you going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Please don't insult rednecks with only 3rd grade educations!!!

Truth be told, old CBAD's not as bad as Sock Puppet, the only I've DA I've actually put on IGNORE -- and kept there -- along with that other weirdo who was banned, TIMMY.
    No date tonight Linda? drive on down by that gas rig you own,that impressed the crap out of me.

Thread Information