Thread: Stachowski, Hoyt Move To Reject Stipend Increase

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Stachowski, Hoyt Move To Reject Stipend Increase

Stachowski, Hoyt Move To Reject Stipend Increase

At a time when families are cutting their budgets and when New York State faces a multi-billion dollar deficit state lawmakers are getting an automatic increase of their daily stipend for living expenses, commonly called "per diem", from $160 to $171.

The per diem is granted to lawmakers to cover costs for such things as food and lodging while they are away from home conducting business on behalf of constituents.

This would include, of course, when they are in session at the state capitol.
    Read the whole story on wgrz.com

So...

They were in sessions 100 days and got an additional 100 X $160 = $16,000 dollars? On top of their salary? and Full health coverage?

You gotta be ****ting me.

Anyone else notice this is a reactive move not a proactive move??? had the news or other groups made a big stink of it, they would have happilly kept the money!

REZ it's more like $16K * 212 = 3.4 MILLION, wouldn't it be cheaper for the state to own a small hotel with a resturant in albany?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

I think they need the extra money because the price of hookers is on the rise.

None of them has to take the extra funds. Each can merely file reimbursement claims for the lower amount.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hotels/motels in albany

From 52 and up.

Lets say they stay at a $60 a night motel... They are over paid $100. We don't have to feed them. They would each even if they were in the town they were from.

What a racket. And we wonder why taxes are so high.

Of course it was reactive: the federal government just issued the new per diem rates on October 1 I think. They raised the rate and two guys introduced legislation to set the rates at the old amount. Bills HAD to be introduced because the current law says you MUST collect the per diem set by the federal government.
    So, two guys do something about it and get the **** kicked out of them. Nobody does anything about it and they get the **** kicked out of them.
    When I see crap like this I know it's time for me to take another one or two week break from this MB.
    Fully stimulated...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Call Brian Higgins... he's on the federal level right?

Tell him to introduce a bill to start cutting this crap. I can't even comprehend how all these elected officials pat themselves on the back.

What the general public doesn't know is most senators/assembly rent apartments for 6 months with cooking facilities. They also take along staffers and split the difference.

Yeah, I am going to hear-- "just 6- 8 months" - yes, if a landlord knows the situation.

I wish our soldiers could have the same treatment.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    Of course it was reactive: the federal government just issued the new per diem rates on October 1 I think. They raised the rate and two guys introduced legislation to set the rates at the old amount. Bills HAD to be introduced because the current law says you MUST collect the per diem set by the federal government.
    So, two guys do something about it and get the **** kicked out of them. Nobody does anything about it and they get the **** kicked out of them.
    When I see crap like this I know it's time for me to take another one or two week break from this MB.
    You have a point, but it's not like this was a "suprise" bonus that came out of know where! I don't even understand why they get this money in the first place. They make 80k a year, many get 5 to 15K stipends for doing NOTHING!

And don't worry i'd have the same reaction if it was two guys with a "R" next to their name!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Call Brian Higgins... he's on the federal level right?

Tell him to introduce a bill to start cutting this crap. I can't even comprehend how all these elected officials pat themselves on the back.
    ya right this guy don't even return his mail to the people that elected him. he is to worried about bass pro. that project is a joke who is going shopping on a jan. night when it's 0 out and the wind is blowing at 25 mph to buy a fishing pole.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Hotels/motels in albany

From 52 and up.

Lets say they stay at a $60 a night motel... They are over paid $100. We don't have to feed them. They would each even if they were in the town they were from.

What a racket. And we wonder why taxes are so high.
    Most of these clowns stay at the Econolodge right behind the Butcher Block,I get a corp rate of $59.00 so its a safe bet that they get a room for less then I do.In the morning its a chain of SUV drivers waiting for there masters to come out.On a good day my total Expense in Albany might be $100.00.

When you roll with chumps you should be prepared to get your ass spanked.I know Satck likes his spanked and he says nobody do it like you do. If these A holes yes politicians are A holes should pay there own freight.After all you are a public servant. You dont need more then $100.00 a day.Oh and do the morons get there Tolls and fuel paid for. How do yo sleep at night working for that Ass. If I were you I would polish up my resume becuase your keeper aint going to pull a rabbit out of his hat next year.Your boys days of unbrideled fn are over my friend. Stack is worthless and so is Sam Hoyte.

It's too little too late. They could have come out at the beginning of the financial mess leading by example.. but sadly you wont see that.

Again, how about taking the lead like.....a long time ago.

Politicians are evil.

Thread Information