Thread: Polls on town Budget and raise

Polls on town Budget and raise

Let your voice be heard here. Let us know your thoughts on the raises the town board is giving themselves>

To all residents

I have looked at the future budget and have seen over inflated revenue and over spending in every department. What concerns me is, the board does not address this until the election draws near. It seems to me that they are only concerned as a good faith effort to appear like they care on a go forward basis. Why must our politicians only hear our voices in the final approach to the election. We should all vote on past performance and not on election promises. My grandfather always said this to me " Don't tell me what your gonna do, tell me what you have done" Budgets are a year round process and need to be watched. Our budget for Lancaster is well prepared but is it worthy of our current economic times. Residents all have to adjust their income to spending ratio but for some reason our local government has not, and this budget is a visual & performance based lack of fiscal responsibility. Voters, residents and friends can we go forward with a budget like this year after year and how much will the few of us that are left have to pay when everyone has left the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry In Lancaster View Post
    I have looked at the future budget and have seen over inflated revenue and over spending in every department. What concerns me is, the board does not address this until the election draws near. It seems to me that they are only concerned as a good faith effort to appear like they care on a go forward basis. Why must our politicians only hear our voices in the final approach to the election. We should all vote on past performance and not on election promises. My grandfather always said this to me " Don't tell me what your gonna do, tell me what you have done" Budgets are a year round process and need to be watched. Our budget for Lancaster is well prepared but is it worthy of our current economic times. Residents all have to adjust their income to spending ratio but for some reason our local government has not, and this budget is a visual & performance based lack of fiscal responsibility. Voters, residents and friends can we go forward with a budget like this year after year and how much will the few of us that are left have to pay when everyone has left the area?
    Very true!!

Lancaster's Budget, Its a well played shell game

Lancaster's Town Board should lead by example.

But why start now - Raises for Everyone!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

As Lee would put it..

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry In Lancaster View Post

You are spot on! Well said. Hmm, you have my vote!

Thread Information