Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rumored Uniforms

New Rumored Uniforms

This 'leaked' today. It is not confirmed and could just be hot air. I hope that's the case. I don't like it. What do you think?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Naw... blue/gold is fine.... the logo just doesn't pop.

We should sponser a new "Sabres logo" contest and see what people would think a great looking logo would be.

I'd play but I'm not creative enough. Here's my suggestion:

I hope they either stick with the current logo or go back to the old. No reason to change logos for the third time in ten years.

I vote fake because the shoulder patches are messed up. They're mirror images instead of the one on the right being upside down. Also, the #20 seems kinda random...

The colors seem right from what I've heard... Indiana Pacers colors basically. I have two problems with this logo... it looks like the ghost of a buffalo the way the body just ends in a point like that, and I think they should keep the white buffalo; it's a native american cultural reference.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Wow. Great eye with the B. I also didn't know the white buffalo was a culture reference. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino330
    This 'leaked' today. It is not confirmed and could just be hot air. I hope that's the case. I don't like it. What do you think?
    Any source for this? It looks awfully generic...the 'scissors over an oil drop' on those dumb red sweaters look better, and that's saying something....

it keeps coming uo different then what I put on. after the .us it should read
    /img234/55/sabreconcept1jy.jpg

Colossus, my source was WGR. They talked about it a lot yesterday, and the links are on their website. I think it's something simple like wgr550.com, but I usually just google WGR 550. The link should still be up there.

I don't know if the Sabres did it intentionally, but a white buffalo is sacred...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_buffalo

The more I look at the unis, the more I know (hope!) they're fake. The left horn is white, but the right one is yellow like the rest of the body. I really like the sweater style other than the logo; all of this really gets me pumped up for when they actually do reveal the new sweaters!
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Sabres readying new logo in shades of blue and gold

The blue and gold color scheme is coming back for the Buffalo Sabres - just not as most fans expected.

The hockey team, in a move that has been anticipated since last summer, will adopt a new logo, one that features blue and gold. The Sabres used those colors from their inception in 1970 through the 1995-96 season, and fans have been asking for their return ever since.

The primary logo, however, will be completely different from the original. It will feature the head and hunched upper half of a charging buffalo rather than a full buffalo perched above two crossed swords.

The secondary insignia - a capital B pierced by a sword - is the same as the Sabres' current third jersey, but the letter is gold instead of red.
    Sabres Managing Partner Larry Quinn strongly indicated last July the team would return to blue and gold for the 2006-07 season and said it again during an interview on the team Web site in November.

"We're going to be announcing uniforms in September, so we're obviously not going to announce it now," Quinn said Thursday night in a voicemail.
    Multiple employees at New Era Cap Co. said Thursday the sports outfitter has ceased production of the black and red buffalo head logo in use since 1996 and is creating items with the new look. The logo and possible uniforms surfaced on the Internet in recent days, and people involved in production of the logo confirmed its authenticity.

"I can tell you that's not our uniform," Quinn said. "I didn't see any of the logo pages, so I can't comment on that."

The colors are expected to be a shade darker than the original blue and gold. The blue will be a deep navy, while the gold is the same used by college powerhouse UCLA - a darker yellow than the original edition.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...30/1025590.asp
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I saw the article. I'm less than thrilled. I was really happy when I thought it was a hoax.

Ah well. It's not like I'll stop supporting the team.

I don't like it...
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

WGR also said over and over that this is just the logo. It was copied and pasted on an old jersey. It IS NOT and actual picture of an actual jersey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information