Thread: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, Don’t Hold Your Breath

Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, Don’t Hold Your Breath

President Barack Obama is getting a raft of grief for his failure to deliver on a number of his campaign promises, including in particular his pledge to end the ban on gays serving openly in the U.S. military.

The often amusing Jon Stewart mocked the Commander-in-Chief the other night for the quotidian excuse offered by both his defense secretary and national security advisor, namely that the President is awfully busy at the moment and “has too much on his plate.” Stewart jokes it’s “chow time” and that maybe the President should get a bigger plate.

Stewart, like many others, suggests lifting the ban is not heavy lifting, arguing that in the “cornucopia” of issues on that metaphorical platter, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” amounts to “a little of rice pudding off to the side” and admonishes the President that he “could finish that before you get back to the table."

Click to Watch Video
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...after-tomorrow

http://www.thelineofdeparture.com/20...d-your-breath/
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I saw that Daily Show - Stewart does a good job of shaming the President over this issue.

But the reality is that the President is not in complete control of the military. Read some of the details about the Cuban Missile crisis. Kennedy had trouble controling the trigger happy generals and had to look hard for a commnder he could trust to carry out his orders.

Every commander in cheif is just four generals away from a coup.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I saw that Daily Show - Stewart does a good job of shaming the President over this issue.

But the reality is that the President is not in complete control of the military. Read some of the details about the Cuban Missile crisis. Kennedy had trouble controling the trigger happy generals and had to look hard for a commnder he could trust to carry out his orders.

The commander in chief we have now is about stupid. I never thought i would see an armed revolt in this country in my life but I am changing that prediction. The Demorats are as close to Nazi that we will ever see. They want to register all our guns and that aint going to fly.God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    The commander in chief we have now is about stupid. I never thought i would see an armed revolt in this country in my life but I am changing that prediction. The Demorats are as close to Nazi that we will ever see. They want to register all our guns and that aint going to fly.God help us all.
    "They" want to register all our guns? Who is "they"?

I am a gun owner and member of the NRA. I keep renewing my membership in the NRA mostly for the comic relief I get from their inane emails alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

But the reality is that the President is not in complete control of the military.

Seriously, you can't possibly believe this drivel, can you?

I'm going to assume you aren't a veteran (and no, I'm not saying that to make it sound like it's a bad thing), because your statement is simply crazy.

As for DADT, Obama could have that taken care of with a simple two word statement to an Aide..."Repeal it". The truth of the matter is he pays lipservice to the issue, and it's a political hot potato that he doesn't have the courage to take on.

Man, nobody seems to be interested in arguing around this place anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Man, nobody seems to be interested in arguing around this place anymore.
    no,,, your just doing of great job of shutting everyone up...keep it up Fish!

What's to argue about? Your right, Obama will not repeal DADT unless he is FORCED to by the gay community.

Everything he said during the campaign was 100% he only pandered to them and the left to win the job. Now that he's got it, he doesn't give a ****!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    What's to argue about? Your right, Obama will not repeal DADT unless he is FORCED to by the gay community.

Everything he said during the campaign was 100% he only pandered to them and the left to win the job. Now that he's got it, he doesn't give a ****!
    You mean except when he granted same sex partner benefit rights to all federal workers? Oh, and signed into law the hate crimes extension covering sexual orientation?

I'll admit that Pres Obama hasn't done enough. But again, to say he doesn't give a crap, or hasn't done anything is, well...incorrect. (it's ok...we're used to it).
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Thread Information