Thread: We Are All Rush Limbaugh

We Are All Rush Limbaugh

Hah! The Niemöller is totally boss.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

According to this webpage, the political donations by NFL teams in 2008 were 76% to Republicans and 24% to Democrats. What I find funny is the single biggest contributor to the Dems were the St. Louis Rams...

But I'm sure it had something to do with the NFL hating conservatives. Thanks for link, Raoul - nice to see some people really are that loony!

http://bizoffootball.com/index.php?o...nion&Itemid=61

It's called a 'taint' for a reason.

Personally, I'm just reveling in the victim-hood fetish the rightwing retreats to every time they are rebuked in public. Don't get me wrong, the victimization meme is exploited all the time by groups and peoples of all sorts of ideological persuasions. But no one does it as effectively and/or zealously as the American rightwing. And it sure is funny watching it happen over and over and over again.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by dave338 View Post
    What I find funny is the single biggest contributor to the Dems were the St. Louis Rams...
    Its because "ramming" is a metaphor for teh ghey sex. And also because "ramming" is what the LIEbralcrats are doing to the American people with their socialized/foreign-born/secret-muslim/ardent-Black-Christian-Nationalist/homo-loving/'Meruka-hating agenda lead by Barry Hussein Sotero. Duh. Don't you read the papers?

This*, btw, is priceless:
    I never thought I'd say this, but "Thank God for Canada." Not only do they have a REAL conservative ruler, but they actually have a damn good Football league.

The Montreal Alouettes could beat the Vikings or the Broncos any day of the week.
    Where do these people buy their obviously illicit drugs? I must know.

What a lark! A French Surrender Monkey™ one, none the less.

-------

* Dumb comments notwithstanding, I suggest putting Outside the Beltway on your regular internet reading list.

Considering the NFL is such a whore to the welfare state, it's kind of confusing why Limbaugh would be excluded from the party. He supports big wars in foreign lands, and corporate welfare, no? He's no different than any other liberal.

How much money will St. Louis need for a new stadium in the next decade? Jerry Jones managed to milk the taxpayers for a few hundred million to build a carnival. Rush was probably looking for that same payout.

It's hard to give up a sport that is religious to my being. College football isn't much better, but they are able to hide the money in state funding and alumni trusts/corps. It costs the taxpayers as much money to support UB football (maybe more) than it does to pay for that POS of a stadium sitting in OP.

Catching a game at the local HS makes me sick. How many taxpayer dollars were spent to purchase equipment that needs to be upgraded every two years? The kids on the soccer team don't see 1/10th of the money blown on the football team. Then again, the boosters don't make much money in popcorn and coffee at a soccer game.

This is why I'm surprised that Limbaugh is out. He's perfect for the welfare game that American football has become.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Considering the NFL is such a whore to the welfare state, it's kind of confusing why Limbaugh would be excluded from the party. He supports big wars in foreign lands, and corporate welfare, no? He's no different than any other liberal.
    Heh. Are you trying to disown El Rushbo? Fat chance. When did history decide "big wars in foreign lands" and corporate welfare were the tenants of liberal ideology? Call liberals/progressives all the names you want, but don't place another ideology's massive screw-ups at our feet. Like somehow it was the right wing that has been anti-war and anti-big business all along. It's pretty transparent.
    How much money will St. Louis need for a new stadium in the next decade? Jerry Jones managed to milk the taxpayers for a few hundred million to build a carnival. Rush was probably looking for that same payout.

It's hard to give up a sport that is religious to my being. College football isn't much better, but they are able to hide the money in state funding and alumni trusts/corps. It costs the taxpayers as much money to support UB football (maybe more) than it does to pay for that POS of a stadium sitting in OP.

Catching a game at the local HS makes me sick. How many taxpayer dollars were spent to purchase equipment that needs to be upgraded every two years? The kids on the soccer team don't see 1/10th of the money blown on the football team. Then again, the boosters don't make much money in popcorn and coffee at a soccer game.

This is why I'm surprised that Limbaugh is out. He's perfect for the welfare game that American football has become.
    Has become? Jesus, just go ahead a design a reality that makes you feel good.

The fact of the matter is a small and getting smaller minority of the people in this country like Limbaugh and the ever PR conscious NFL (anti-trust waivers and public funding aside - neither of which draw any real ideological opposition) doesn't want a demonstrably racist a-hole to join their club of wealthy, white and overwhelmingly conservative franchisees.

A famous conservative once said "ideas have consequences." How those consequences are playing out for the Ditto-Head in Chief is somewhat poetic, imo.

Maybe Rush should take someone else's Viagara prescription on vacation to a country known for it's sex trade to get his mind off of things. Or something.

Raoul, it's a shame that your world is two dimensional. I think Phizer makes some meds for that affliction.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

!

Limbaugh is too out spoken for those owners, they can't compete with him only reason to keep him out. The NFL is like that good old boys club America once knew well in the 30's, 40's, 50,s and today. Rush doesn't need these fools. If Rush wanted to, he could hurt the NFL but he won't because he loves Football.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Raoul, it's a shame that your world is two dimensional. I think Phizer makes some meds for that affliction.
    Um. . . What?

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Limbaugh is too out spoken for those owners, they can't compete with him only reason to keep him out. The NFL is like that good old boys club America once knew well in the 30's, 40's, 50,s and today. Rush doesn't need these fools. If Rush wanted to, he could hurt the NFL but he won't because he loves Football.
    Hah. You are either 1.) joking or 2.) mentally retarded and/or convinced that the soothing of your ego is more important than reality.

Keep wishing for worlds you think once existed. Ima gonna let you finish, but laugh at you none-the-less. Rush is ALWAYS the victim and he ALWAYS has a way to exact his vengence, perhaps on behalf of the morons who listen to and agree with him.

Enjoy the wilderness, Ditto Heads.

!

This is why you are still on my ignore list so I don't have to read your junk when I log in, you will never change every one has rights to their own opinions you don't think so....lol trying to make your self look better over other people yeah..right.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    This is why you are still on my ignore list so I don't have to read your junk when I log in, you will never change every one has rights to their own opinions you don't think so....lol trying to make your self look better over other people yeah..right.
    HOLY INVENTING AN ARGUMENT, BATMAN!!!

Where did I ever say that any person does not have to right to their opinion? (Hint: Your fever dreams do not count.)

The right to an opinion is not a defense to the mockery said opinion might incur. I'm openly mocking you, not to make myself feel "better" (whatever that means), but because views such as yours are so easily mockable.

Also, the paradox of Rush Limbaugh wanting to buy into the HEAVILY TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED "market" of American professional sports is pure gold. The fact that the exclusive club rejected his application? Funny as swive.

heh. Dittoheads.

Thread Information