Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pavement road near broadway

Pavement road near broadway

I drove down Pavement the other day and saw land that was being developed. This is across the street from that new development of housing. Was wondering what the land is zoned as and what are they building there. There is alot of land that is cleared in preparation of what?

-commercial?
    -housing development?
    -park?

Anyone have any ideas?

It's Senior Housing. The project was approved some time ago.

what kind of senior housing?

Are they patio homes?
    Condo's?
    Or a complex? If a complex how many stories high is it?

Another Lancaster NY Mystery!

Why was some one supposed to inform residents before this begins. This is Lancaster - where many, many future surprises are hidden in Supervisor B.Giza's secret "Pipeline" as he likes to call it.

I have said and so have others - there a pile of stuff coming. These guys have been slicing and dicing this Town quietly for over twenty years - maybe even as far back as the 50's. The same core group, the same intermarried families and the old respected Town Leaders.

Sit back and enjoy - I am not trying to saying I know whether or not what your seeing is a senior complex as someone else posted - but here in Lancaster - you'll find out when the law says you have to. Not one minute before.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Are they patio homes?
    Condo's?
    Or a complex? If a complex how many stories high is it?
    It's a complex. I don't know how many stories - three maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    Another Lancaster NY Mystery!
    Why was some one supposed to inform residents before this begins. This is Lancaster - where many, many future surprises are hidden in Supervisor B.Giza's secret "Pipeline" as he likes to call it.
    I don't understand what you're saying. What's the Mystery?? It was approved quite a while ago. Maybe a year, or so?

Are you telling me,

that it might be a three story complex? Across the street of a subdivision? I mean they have two ways out of that subdivision, Broadway and Pavement. They will look across the street at a three story complex?

Well I wonder if that subdivision knows that is going up? I bet they don't. The traffic will be impossible. Ever see the traffic coming out of a senior complex? As it is that subdivision has it's own traffic, let alone add a complex to the mix.

Hmmm ~~~~~~~~~~~

Lee do you remember

an approval for a three story Senior Housing Complex on Pavement near Broadway?

In regards to the traffic, there will be employee's coming out which is exiting only on Pavement road, truck deliveries daily going into that complex which increases the traffic on Pavement. In a senior housing, they have van transportation for the seniors, and also fire and ambulance vehicles.

Is Lancaster zoned commercial and industrial all over the place?

In regards to the traffic, there will be employee's coming out which is exiting only on Pavement road, truck deliveries daily going into that complex which increases the traffic on Pavement. In a senior housing, they have van transportation for the seniors, and also fire and ambulance vehicles.

that area was originally zoned agricultural many years ago , it was full of farms , dairy farms , horses , hay , corn , etc. Down further south on Pavement was (it's still there) a quarry behind an industrial plant (vacated ??) , was a beach there which was called Willow Beach , we swam there for years , but were stopped as it was polluted , but it was also originally a quarry that hit a spring , like the ones behind the cement/rock quarry right to the south of it.....The one corner where Ripa's sits , was farmland......
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Again, as I said, I'm only guessing that it's somewhere around three stories.
    Lee could probably fill us in better.
    The time to have been concerned about this would have been when it was going through the approval process.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/469695.html

No, wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    that area was originally zoned agricultural many years ago , it was full of farms , dairy farms , horses , hay , corn , etc. Down further south on Pavement was (it's still there) a quarry behind an industrial plant (vacated ??) , was a beach there which was called Willow Beach , we swam there for years , but were stopped as it was polluted , but it was also originally a quarry that hit a spring , like the ones behind the cement/rock quarry right to the south of it.....The one corner where Ripa's sits , was farmland......
    I'm talking about near Broadway & Pavement.

You are right about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Again, as I said, I'm only guessing that it's somewhere around three stories.
    Lee could probably fill us in better.
    The time to have been concerned about this would have been when it was going through the approval process.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/469695.html
    My thoughts on this is, that since it is a new development, I wonder if they are aware of what is being built there. That's all.

The senior complex at Broadway and Pavement will be two stories high, 60+ units, affordable housing.

The original project was for two buildings, 123 units. It was pared down and now the rest of the site is being considered for alternate types of dwelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The senior complex at Broadway and Pavement will be two stories high, 60+ units, affordable housing.

The original project was for two buildings, 123 units. It was pared down and now the rest of the site is being considered for alternate types of dwelling.
    I believe I heard about this project at past town board meetings.

And by the way, there was nothing secret about the project. People who attend Town and Planning Board meetings will tell you the exact same thing.

Should it have been approved in the boondocks where seniors without wheels have no place to shop, dine,go to entertainment, etc., well, some of us questioned that; and if I remember correctly Dan Amatura voted against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Should it have been approved in the boondocks where seniors without wheels have no place to shop, dine,go to entertainment, etc., well, some of us questioned that; and if I remember correctly Dan Amatura voted against it.
    I can understand that argument. (Although I don't necessarily agree with it, because most seniors in the burbs still drive.)

Ideally, what do you think would be a good location for a Senior Housing development? I mean, if a developer said to you "Lee, pick a site, or two, for us, and if the land is reasonably priced, we'll do it there."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information