Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Town Board Candidates

Other Town Board Candidates

Setting aside the numerous threads about the TS supervisor, what about the other candidates?

Steve Sanders came to my house and I was impressed with his presentation. I was equally impressed with Toni Vaquez (although disappointed she doesn't support downsizing).

anyone else with info on the other candidates?

and oh yeah, all you ward supporters (trajan and right view), I can ask the same question you asked about BW, in all the years on TB what has he accomplished?

not a thing. so far for me, it is sanders, vaquez and someone else.

Welp, I can honestly say that the post above was the absolute very first that I can recall hearing of either "Sanders" or "Vaquez". So, that that tells me is that neither is effective in reaching the so-called average Joe. I'm sure that throughout the Amherst political bunch and Amherst inner circle, there's all kinds of chat-chat-chat about these guys... but shouldn't a candidate be about more than that?

In jst shy of 20 years that I've lived on 'my' street, I can only recall one candidate coming to my house. One! In two decades! What does that suggest?

so what - you are going to vote for Ward?

talk about classic do-nothing politician.

I've met Vasquez and Spoth

This is an Amherst thread, but we're also talking about people who've come to your door.

I had the occasion to meet Toni Vasquez and Fran Spoth at a house party thrown by a neighbor. I will vote for Vasquez. She seems smart and hard-working and that's a huge step forward. I will also vote for Spoth, although I don't think she has a good chance to win. I know that Spoth is running for an Erie County Legislature seat, but her District covers Amherst.

Since candidates showing up at your door came up - Poloncarz came to my house. I'll vote for him. Over the years, I've had several candidates come to my home, from both parties. I'm not exactly sure why, but it may be that I regularly vote (and have done so for years).

I try hard to meet all the candidates in person. Thirty-second TV sound bites and a direct-mail ad are not enough for me to decide between candidates.
    Last edited by Colonel Sun; October 11th, 2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Firstly of all, if the question posed by 'hate politcs' u a coupla posts was seeking a response from me... here it is -----> Hahahahahahhahaaaaaa. Um, no. I hav a long list of reasons to not vote for Dan Ward. Again, Hahahahahahahhahahahhahhaaaaaaaaa.

Secondly forthmore, is this Frank Spoth the Spoth that hosts the political fundraisers?

My vote goes to any candidate who is lined up on the machine against Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    so what - you are going to vote for Ward?

talk about classic do-nothing politician.
    I just love the way you assume things about an individual. Instead of asking who the person may vote for, you assume. Everyone can see your hate for anyone who is not thinking how you think.
    As for Sanders, he is the only candidate I can compare to Bigfoot. People have "supposed" sightings but I have yet to see any signs of his or have yet to see him walking in my neighborhood.
    At least with Anderson, Nuncherno, Ward, Vasquez, Popowich, (and since you brought up a TS candidate) Kryzan, I have seen them in the neighborhood and chatted with the majority of them. I agree with all of them on some issue and none on other issues. As of yet, the only people who will get my vote are the ones I've talked to. I'll bet whoever you name will be wrong because you assume too much.

As for Student Observer, why not write in a candidate, at least this way the person you vote for will be the best choice instead of the lesser of two evils.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Setting aside the numerous threads about the TS supervisor, what about the other candidates?

Steve Sanders came to my house and I was impressed with his presentation. I was equally impressed with Toni Vaquez (although disappointed she doesn't support downsizing).

anyone else with info on the other candidates?

and oh yeah, all you ward supporters (trajan and right view), I can ask the same question you asked about BW, in all the years on TB what has he accomplished?

not a thing. so far for me, it is sanders, vaquez and someone else.

I won't vote for anyone associated with Schratz.

Anybody but Ward!

which one is associated with ss? sanders? why because he is a repub?

I mean I don't hold it against vaquez that ward and mohan are in her party.

tell me right view - are you going to vote for ward? my money is yes - the nice solider you are.

tell me right view - are you going to vote for ward? my money is yes - the nice solider you are.

Sanders was Schratz's campaign manager. That's enough for me. And he is holding his fund raisers at her restaurant.

I won't vote for Ward. He is a waste of time. But I am voting for Kryzan. She seems thoughtful and a far better alternative than BW. I worked with BW for years. "Work" is a misnomer. he does NOT work if he can avoid it. Not reliable, in my experience. Will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. The man is NOT impressive.

Also voting for Vaquez and Popavich. May go see them at the senior center.

Supposedly Sanders was SS finance manager for prior campaigns. This alone is reason to vote against him. Its been a long time since the town has had such an undistinguished group of losers to choose from. Like Ward or hate him, at least people know where he stands. The other weasels are, well, weasels.

where does he stand?

as for sanders, didn't know that -- I might have to reconsider. what about Anderson? anything from him?

Oh I love how you assume things. BTW Mohan was a Repub, before a Dem. but I hold the man accountable for his actions(not the party for his actions.) Mohan has always been for Mohan regardless of party and he will always be for Mohan regardless of party.
    As for me I will stand by my earlier post made just before this one.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView View Post
    Instead of asking who the person may vote for
    right view - are you supporting ward? I am asking you a direct question.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information