Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: May 19, 2015 school board election and budget vote

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I think that the capital improvement project specifically the heating and cooling systems and the lightening is critical. I agree with this restoration project 100%

I am not in favor of the Black box theatre at all. Stick to the basics.
    Yes, it's too bad that voters can't vote for parts of the Capital Improvement project budget instead of the whole CIP budget

Georgia L Schlager

Think of what your voting for

I guess this article - one of many that have helped embarrass Lancaster - saw things different:

Anti-Indian activist Brenda Christopher wants her school board seat back

Excerpt : "Brenda Christopher, a former school board member, is riling the Lancaster community against changing the school district’s “Redskins” mascot. Christopher has announced on Facebook her plans to run for her former school board seat"

"The anti-Indian activist Brenda Christopher is a longtime resident of Lancaster, a relatively affluent and nearly all-white suburb, where Polish and German ancestry is most prevalent. In many ways she typifies the ignorance and that stems from privilege and a lack of diverse real-world experiences"

"She has been publicly ridiculed for flying in two individuals who claim to be Indian — one from Connecticut and another from New Mexico — to speak in favor of retaining the “Redskins” name at a school board meeting earlier this week. The two were roundly exposed as frauds by the local Natives who attended the meeting, and Christopher looked foolish for having thought the tactic would be compelling"

“Our nation was born in genocide when it embraced the doctrine that the original American, the Indian,
    was an inferior race. Even before there were large numbers of Negroes on our shores, the scar of racial
    hatred had already disfigured colonial society.

From the sixteenth century forward, blood flowed in battles of racial supremacy. We are perhaps the only
    nation which tried as a matter of national policy to wipe out its indigenous population. Moreover, we
    elevated that tragic experience into a noble crusade.

Indeed, even today we have not permitted ourselves to reject or to feel remorse for this shameful episode.

Our literature, our films, our drama, our folklore all exalt it.”

– Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Why We Can’t Wait, 1963
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I guess this article - one of many that have helped embarrass Lancaster - saw things different:

Anti-Indian activist Brenda Christopher wants her school board seat back

“Our nation was born in genocide when it embraced the doctrine that the original American, the Indian,
    was an inferior race. Even before there were large numbers of Negroes on our shores, the scar of racial
    hatred had already disfigured colonial society.
    Matthew Ricchiazzi's article embarrassed Lancaster??? That article really embarrassed DC also, huh? I wonder how many people read it...

Now you're taking the "genocide" angle to this... Who should we put on the $1 and $20 bills after we outlaw Columbus Day?

Maybe you should stop obsessing about Brenda Christopher...

Views: 599

I am not obsessing. theres Atleast 599 views on this thread - wonder how many people saw the National Coverage ?

I know where she came from last time she ran - then backed out - moved out - moved back to Lancaster - started the "Facebook Embarrassment" - hid the fact that the same business people and Party Players were actually primeing her for a run at the school board while she instigated the "Facebook Mascot Page"-

Why not come clean and say who paid for the banners - why not announce her "Political" intentions at the same time she started the "Mascot Outrage Page" ?

Why not admit who the "Anonymous Financial" backer was and if those same people will help support her "Political Plans" ?

Unless your trying to say she doesn't actually know who did these things for her ?

She's running for "Public Office" - that means she consents to be open to the public's scrutiny and should be honest with her agenda if she wants to help control our taxes - don't you agree ?

Like I said - she is just another Player. Her time as a "Political Force" or "Facebook Leader" will fade and disappear.

Maybe she actually believes that she deserves to represent our community because of the Red Skin Mascot Embarrassment.

I guess if that's her single most important concern - that's enough for her and her supporters - its their choice. Its not enough to win my vote ! Help me change my mind - I am open !

I would rather hear her ideas of how to improve our schools - or who would be a better choice for Superintendent - so far all we hear is VOTE NO for the Capital Improvement Plan and The Superintendent should go - WHY ?

A person who rides in on a negative brings more negative - show me/us a plan - show me/us how you can fight for and bring about positive change.

What's her stand on Testing the performance of Teachers

- what's her stand on Gov. Cuomo's administering of State Aid ?

In what ways does she believe she can help control spending - in what areas would she focus ?

The Mascot issue is a emotional trigger - not a reason to change how our Board and schools are run.

I believe and many others do too - "Politics should be kept out of the Schools Management" - to me that means it should not be used as a Political Spring Board or as a platform to give certain Business people a inside edge on contracts and jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by skoorbekim View Post
    Citizens of Lancaster,
    On May 19, send a message to the elected officials and gadfly activists that find it so easy to call you racists.
    Yes, after Superintendent Vallely organized a board of education "work session" sponsored by four UB surrogates (closed to the taxpaying public), members Buchert and Nowak are now miraculously convinced that they must save the children from their racist parents.
    Resist what Buchert, Nowak, and other newly converted social justice gadflies sanctimoniously prescribe to us unsophisticated masses.
    Reject an elected body and ignore the boisterous agitators that project so much scorn upon Lancaster families.
    Vote 'em out on May 19.
    Go Redskins!
    http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rvation-159965

So, you want to replace BOE members Nowak and Buchert with individuals like school board candidate Kelly Hughes Depczynski? Is that your plan to bring the Redskin name back?

I use the word "racist" and there's a broohaha and the Redskin backers have a school board candidate who says to send the Native Americans in the school district who don't agree with the mascot change back to the reservation for their education and that's okay???.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rvation-159965

So, you want to replace BOE members Nowak and Buchert with individuals like school board candidate Kelly Hughes Depczynski? Is that your plan to bring the Redskin name back?
    Lee,
    First you reference a White privilege article by Beth Kwiatek to buttress your prostration to perceived offenses... and now you site an article by Simon Moya-Smith.

Moya-Smith believes that the United States government is an occupational force.

Do you agree with other Moya-Smith opinions about what is offensive and how Lancaster should be governed?

Lee, Simon wants his land back.

I will vote for Kelly Hughes Depczynski.

Lee,
    First you reference a White privilege article by Beth Kwiatek to buttress your prostration to perceived offenses... and now you site an article by Simon Moya-Smith.

Moya-Smith believes that the United States government is an occupational force.

Do you agree with other Moya-Smith opinions about what is offensive and how Lancaster should be governed?

Lee, Simon wants his land back.

I will vote for Kelly Hughes Depczynski.
    Mike, Mike, you continue to detract and distort from the basic issue at hand. This was about Depczynski’s salacious commentary. You turn it around and make it into the Native Americans wanting their land back.

As someone who will vote for Depcynski you are committed to following an agenda dedicated to bring the Redskin name back to Lancaster. This plight will only damage Lancaster’s imagine more than it already has – where the victim becomes the accused.

We are 180 degrees away in our positions and opinions. The only thing left is to see who gets elected to the LCSD BOE and to see how divided this town is on the name change. The Redskin name supporters are well organized and vocal on the issue. We shall see whether the silent pro Redskin name change advocates show up at BOE election time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    This was about Depczynski’s salacious commentary.
    Lee,

Did you even read the article you sited?

Depcsynski never made that "salacious commentary."

She typed a supportive reply to a post the exact same way you posted a positive response to Simon Moya-Smith.

Try as you might, you can not have it both ways.

What I found interesting about the article Lee referenced wasn't any opinion of the article's writer but the facts in the article regarding the school board Depczynski's racist (segregation) tendencies towards the Native American people. She is a heartless RACIST. She is disgusting

Georgia L Schlager

The bottom line: The Red Skin Mascott and name will not return to Lancaster High School.

The only reason for and the clear agendas of those behind the Facebook Group is to elect Mrs. Christopher and Friends to the school Board.

If the members of this group think for one second there's another agenda - or that this is about returning the name they need to wake up !

They have been used and mislead from day one !

If your a member of this group - ask yourself these questions:

When did Mrs.Christopher and the people on Facebook discuss and plan the banners openly?

When did Mrs.Christopher inform the facebook supporters what the banners would say and who would pay for them?

When did the facebook members decide to fly in the two out of state pro mascot people?

When did Mrs. Christopher tell everyone on facebook she had a "Anonymous donor" who would pay for plane tickets, food and lodging for those two people ?

You cant hide from the truth - you can blow smoke - but that only shows other readers your less than honest !

So is Mrs. Christopher when dealing with her true reasons for starting the Red Skin Embarrassment and her wanting to be elected to the school board and why !

Lastly - Did she or her running mates ever once tell you just who's behind her "Politicaly or financialy" ?

Did you know she never once raised the Red Skin issues during her first campaign for the school Board ? Even though the issue was raised and discussed at the school and in Bufnews articles.

Look everyone has a right to speak out for what they believe.

But if you look at this - some "Politically Savy" people saw a way to get their people elected.

[I]Where's their plan to improve our schools - instead of plans to improve our schools- they want to eliminate structural school improvements

- they want to end what Buisness First Magazine, Bufnews and others describe as a school system vastly improving year after year

- is that what you are voting for too?

The only reason for and the clear agendas of those behind the Facebook Group is to elect Mrs. Christopher...

When did Mrs.Christopher and the people...

When did Mrs.Christopher inform...

When did Mrs. Christopher tell everyone on facebook she had a...

So is Mrs. Christopher when dealing with her true...
    her wanting to be...

Did she or her running mates...

Did you know she never once raised the Red Skin issues during her first campaign...
    When does an obsession become unhealthy?

When does an obsession become unhealthy?
    When the obsession is with a name that does nothing but hurt a community or some of its citizens .

When the obsession is with a name that does nothing but hurt a community .
    Is that name Mrs. Christopher?
    C'mon, you know you want to type it...

Dr. Vallely —

I want to thank you for engaging communities, Native and non-Native, in addressing
    the mascot and the many issues that come along with such a disparaging portrayal
    of Native peoples. Despite the generally respectful face-to-face interactions that have
    transpired, I would like to bring to your attention something that occurred during the
    Lancaster School Board meeting held on Monday, March 9, 2015 at the Lancaster High
    SchooL auditorium.

Upon exiting the auditorium with my ten month old son on my back, my husband at my
    side, and Elmer John and Shannon Mohawk in front of us, two women, one Kelly Hughes
    Depczynski, the other I presumed to be her mother, stopped us before we made it to the
    main exit, where they had been waiting for what seemed some time since I could hear them
    talking outside the auditorium as we gathered our things to leave.

Looking at Elmer, Shannon and then myself and my husband, the unidentified woman said,
    “Can I ask you a question?”. Elmer replied yes and I nodded. She said, “When I went here,
    I never used that word in a mean or hurtful or hateful way. It was an honor, It meant something
    good”. She started shaking her head. Kelly chimed in as the two women became visibly angered
    and as Kelly’s daughter started blushing saying “Please mom don’t Please can we just go. StOp”.

Kelly Hughes Depczynski stated, her voice rising to a yelL, “But now we see that is all that you
    are! That is all any of you are! Filthy bullies!” (however, she did not go so far as to use the racial
    slur). She continued yelling. “How dare you come in here and make me feel like a racist! lam not
    a racist! You cannot do that!” . she and the other woman were inches from Elmer’s face and
    Shannon began moving closer to Elmer and telling the women to calm down as I encouraged them
    to calm down as well.

I said, “Not racist people can do racist things and that’s ok-” before I could finish she cut me off
    yelling, “You’re not even from here!” and started charging towards me yelling at me at which point
    I ran and retrieved the officer from inside the auditorium since I feared for my safety and the safety
    of my ten month old son asleep on my back.

He quickly came out, where Kelly and the other woman were still yelling and attempting
    to physically engage Elmer John (getting in his face, pointing in his face, etc). The officer
    placed himself between the women (the daughter almost in tears begging her mom to stop)
    and instructed them to leave (Show’s over. Let’s go. Outside, Time to leave ladies", etc). At
    this point Kelly Hughes Depczynski moved towards me (the officer put his arm out blocking
    her path) and shouted, “Let’s take it outside!” implying she wanted to fight She continued
    shouting things to the effect of, “yeah we’ll take it outside! We’ll take care of them outside!”
    implying by “take care of’ she intended to physically assault a group of people. one whom
    had a baby on her back (me). Once outside, Kelly Hughes Depczynski continued yelling, along
    with the woman whose name I do not know, at the officer and at us claiming she is not hateful
    hurtful, racist and that we have no right to be there making her feel racist.

I have been advised to file a police report if not charges given that these women waited outside
    the auditorium to accost harass and attempt to physically engage Native people and since there
    is a possibility of encountering Kelly Hughes Depczynski again. I am undecided. However, I
    wanted to bring this incident to your attention Dr. Vallely firstly, to thank you, the board and those
    you’ve worked with for having the foresight to have police on hand. Secondly, is there is another
    opportunity for public or invited input into the matter, I plan to attend. However, given Kelly Hughes
    Depczynski’s actions, I respectfully request her presence be banned or highly supervised by a police
    officer given that she cannot control herself and attempted to attack a woman carrying a baby.

Again, I thank you and the school board for your efforts Dr. Vallely.
    Jodi Lynn Maracle
    Looks like, Jodi Lynn Maracle is describing Depczynski as a BULLY

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information