Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Murtha and Podesta are Idiots

Murtha and Podesta are Idiots

John Murtha and John Podesta were on the Sunday talk shows and both came off poorly. If these are among the best representatives the national Democratic Party can come up with, I can't wait till November.

First Podesta. Many won't remember, but he was Clinton's Chief of Staff. So he's someone with deep inside knowledge. He was on Chris Wallace's show on FoxNews. Wallace said he had looked at the Party platform and was astounded that Iraq was not even mentioned.

"That's because we're not united on what our position should be", calmly replied Podesta. Then the spinning started. "The Republicans are united on a "stay the course" message, a policy that has been disastorous..."

Is he nuts? Does he think voters in November will be more interested in school lunches or a spiffier senior drug plan than what they propose to do to stop the Islamofascists from killing us? Did Karl Rove write their platform?

Then there was the increasingly befuddled Murtha ("OMG, you can't criticize him! He's a decorated veterinarian!" There, you don't have to post the rebuke.) Murtha appeared on Russert's show and again repeated his proposal for "redeploying" the troops in Iraq to Okinawa.

Even Russert---generally a reliable gladhander for the Democrat Party---couldn't let that pass. "How could that be a rapid deployment force Mr. Murtha. You can't deploy troops from Okinawa rapidly anywhere. It's in the middle of nowhere."

Murtha actually stuttered for almost ten seconds before launching into his dodge for a truly dumb idea.

How embarrasing. Can't anyone tell this guy to stop making an embarrasing spectacle of himself.

Maybe the Dems can award a "Lifetime Achievement Award" to both Sheehan and Murtha and they can both gracefully exit from the public stage.

But I'm probably just too much of a softie.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

I just saw Murtha himself on TV, condemning the Marines for cold-blooded murder in Haditha.

No trial yet, but prominent Democratic spokesman Murtha has pronounced them guilty.

It's always good to hear the man himself. Every Democratic who reports on what Murtha says distorts it. Because what he said is horrendous.

I'm glad this idiot is a high-profile spokesman for the entire Democratic Party.

He is scandalous. Is sedition still against the law? Is that too old-fashioned a standard.

If this were WWII, Murtha would be in one of the internment camps till the duration.

I hope the Repubs schedule more votes on whether we should cut and run in late October.

I wonder how Murtha feels about those decapitated marines they finally confirmed?
    I suppose it is the USA's fault for leading them to do such acts of violence.

Murtha and many Dems could easily be found quilty of treason.
    At minimum they are traitors to their country.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    I wonder how Murtha feels about those decapitated marines they finally confirmed?
    I suppose it is the USA's fault for leading them to do such acts of violence.

Murtha and many Dems could easily be found quilty of treason.
    At minimum they are traitors to their country.
    This is treason:

Bush, May 29, 2003: We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them. (May 23, 2003--a month afte he declared victory.)
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/g8/interview5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing
    This is treason:

Bush, May 29, 2003: We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them. (May 23, 2003--a month afte he declared victory.)
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/g8/interview5.html
    You obviously don't know treason.

And you , obviously, don't know "democracy".

The freshness date for "if you disagree with me you're a traitor" routine came and went months ago. Those of you fooLHardy enough to still be using it are bungholes.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    You obviously don't know treason.
    Treason is a betrayal of the nation. When you lie and cause the loss of life as a result of that lie, you've betrayed the nation.

I also heard Pelosi's remarks at that blogger gabfest the Dems all went to over the weekend.

She was supportive of Murtha. And very, very careful with her remarks. She never specifically said she was in favor of pulling troops out.

She's all set to rebut anyone who accuses her of this. Just like all the Dems used to say tha Murtha wasn't calling for a pullout.

But he keeps making those public appearances and keeps saying it.

The more these guys call for pullout, the better for the Repubs.

Maybe Podesta was right after all: not mentioning Iraq at all is better for the Dems than telling people what they'd really like to do.

This is the man biker calls an "idiot" or even a "veterinarian"--biker should have 1/10 the grapes

[QUOTE=biker]
    Then there was the increasingly befuddled Murtha ("OMG, you can't criticize him! He's a decorated veterinarian!" There, you don't have to post the rebuke.) Murtha appeared on Russert's show and again repeated his proposal for "redeploying" the troops in Iraq to Okinawa.[QUOTE]

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

He (Murtha) left Washington and Jefferson College in 1952 to join the Marines during the Korean War. There he earned the American Spirit Honor Medal. He rose through the ranks to become a drill instructor at Parris Island and was selected for Officer Candidate School at Quantico, Virginia. He then was assigned to the Second Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
    Murtha remained in the Marine Corps Reserves. In 1959, then-Captain Murtha took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in Vietnam in 1966-67, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Combat "V" for valor in combat, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Reserves as a colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.
    Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1968 and served there until 1974, when he ran in a special election for Pennsylvania's 12th District. The seat had come open after 24-year incumbent Republican John Saylor died in October 1973. He won by 122 votes, making him the first Vietnam veteran to serve in Congress. He won a full term later that year with 58% of the vote and has been re-elected 14 times without substantial opposition.

His lowest percentage came in 1980, when he received 59.6% of the vote against Charles A. Getty. This challenge occurred during the ABSCAM investigation in which Murtha was named as an "unindicted co-conspirator," but was never charged. He was eventually cleared by the House Ethics Committee.[1]
    Murtha voted for the October 10, 2002 resolution that authorized the use of force against Iraq. However, he later began expressing doubts about the war. On March 17, 2004, when Republicans offered a "War in Iraq Anniversary Resolution" that "affirms that the United States and the world have been made safer with the removal of Saddam Hussein and his regime from power in Iraq," Murtha called for a recorded vote and then voted against it.
    n May 2005, he said that the problems that the military had in Iraq were due to a "lack of planning" by Pentagon chiefs and "the direction has got to be changed or it is unwinnable."

On November 17, 2005, he created a firestorm when he called for the redeployment of U.S. troops in Iraq, [3] saying, "The U.S. cannot accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily. It is time to bring them home." Murtha later detailed what he was calling for was redeployment as opposed to a withdrawal, noting that he supported the establishment of an "over-the-horizon" presence of Marines within the region.

He has also said that terrorists want an American military presence in Iraq. "I think they’re trying to get this administration to stay. I think they want us there. Because we have united the Iraqis against us. We’re spending all this money and diverting our resources away from the war on terrorism because we’re involved in a civil war in Iraq," says Murtha.
    On November 17, 2005, Murtha submitted the following resolution (H.J. Res. 73) in the House of Representatives:

Whereas Congress and the American People have not been shown clear, measurable progress toward establishment of stable and improving security in Iraq or of a stable and improving economy in Iraq, both of which are essential to "promote the emergence of a democratic government";

Whereas additional stabilization in Iraq by U. S. military forces cannot be achieved without the deployment of hundreds of thousands of additional U S. troops, which in turn cannot be achieved without a military draft;

Whereas more than $277 billion has been appropriated by the United States Congress to prosecute U.S. military action in Iraq and Afghanistan;

Whereas, as of the drafting of this resolution, 2,079 U.S. troops have been killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom;

Whereas U.S. forces have become the target of the insurgency,

Whereas, according to recent polls, over 80% of the Iraqi people want U.S. forces out of Iraq;

Whereas polls also indicate that 45% of the Iraqi people feel that the attacks on U.S. forces are justified;

Whereas, due to the foregoing, Congress finds it evident that continuing U.S. military action in Iraq is not in the best interests of the United States of America, the people of Iraq, or the Persian Gulf Region, which were cited in Public Law 107-243 as justification for undertaking such action;

Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That:

Section 1. The deployment of United States forces in Iraq, by direction of Congress, is hereby terminated and the forces involved are to be redeployed at the earliest practicable date.

Section 2. A quick-reaction U.S. force and an over-the-horizon presence of U.S Marines shall be deployed in the region.

Section 3 The United States of America shall pursue security and stability in Iraq through diplomacy.
    [edit]

After all this time you're surprised? I'm not. It's the standard mode of operation. Ask John Murtha or John McCain or Max Cleland or John Kerry.

It's truly sad that decades of service to his country in the Marine Corps. still wasn't enough to prevent John Murtha from being called a coward. A coward! Wrap your mind around that for a moment. A marine veteran who saw combat being called a coward, in the halls of Congress. Unreal.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    This is the man biker calls an "idiot" or even a "veterinarian"--biker should have 1/10 the grapes
    Don't waste your time chiding him. This is the same guy that stated catagorically that President Theodore Roosevelt was a piss-poor excuse for a President (because he was a Progressive).
    Remember that T.R.'s portrait is in the Black Hills with Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln.
    The only place where Bush Jr.'s portait will hang is the dungheap of history.

And rightly so.
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

I saw Murtha pronouncing Marines as murderers.

Before any trial.

Unbelievable. What happened to the presumption of innocence.

Even more so for the brave men and women who have volunteered to fight a barbaric, cowardly, fanatical foe in order to protect us. I cut them a lot more slack than the normal defendants arrested here.

If any Marines are on the MB, what do they think of Murtha?

I've heard it said that there is no such thing as an ex-Marine. They probably will make an exception in his case.

There's a talk show host out here called Michael Savage who makes Rush sound like a pansy.

Here's his take on Murtha.

"I can't say over the air what I really think of this scum. Make you can pick up on it by inference.

I had a real obnoxious idiot call in yesterday. He was a real Murtha-head.

During the break, I ran down the hall and took a Murtha."

This is mild compared to what would have happened to a Jack Murtha complaining of the Marine's "cruelties" to our foes in 1944.

I can say it! Murtha is a waste of Marine on a rotten piece of flesh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information