Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets decid what compensation package

What I find absolutely disgusting is the use of this tragic event by some to somehow make others feel guilty about the wage freeze. It's just like Jessie Jackson, a ambulance chaser in preacher cloths, who jets around the country when something happens to an African American. He always finds a way to make it there just in time for the 5pm news, exploiting the situation.

I have several family members who serve in the capacity of Police and Fire services. They are brave in what they do. They also are intelligent in knowing the risks of the job.

I wish this shooting would have never happened. But crime, violence and murder are embedded in American culture. Regardless of what these officers make, with our without the pay raise, this event happened. Giving any officer a raise is NOT going to make the job any safer. In fact, giving them the raise would make the job less safe. There would be cut backs and instead of two officers there there could have been one. The criminal could have shot one officer twice instead of two officers once.

I am not saying that officers should not be paid the amount they have in their contract. I am saying that the city can not afford to pay them it, regardless of the contract. Sad but true. The city is at the point of survival mode. I have been involved in business where companies have been in the same situation happened. It is part of the work place. I faced the choice of sticking it out or walking. The wage freeze is legal and it is real. If PBAguy, COBruce or any other officer does not like it, they have the choice to put in their papers and go to another force or the private sector. Just like I or any other worker has the choice when a compensation package is not to my liking.

Someone posted that officers should be allowed to strike if they do not get the raise. I agree. Let them strike. But also allow the city to hire replacements and under a new contract. If they strike, they should loose any pension benefits not already collected.

Anyways...say a prayer before you go to sleep but don't dream that this tragic event is going to change the fiscal reality that faces the city.

thanks to all

I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes. The wounded Officers need your prayers. Carl is getting by, can't say the same for Patty. And for all you Cop bashers , I'll pray for you. Not understanding something can be called ignorance and it has been displayed on this msg board at great length. Like they say , " ignorance is bliss" . Thanks again.
    They hate us till they need us.

Townsfolk
    Honor the current contract. When the contract is up, then the city and the CB can do as they wish. I pray for the wounded officers and their families. I also pray for the safety of all city police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes. The wounded Officers need your prayers. Carl is getting by, can't say the same for Patty. And for all you Cop bashers , I'll pray for you. Not understanding something can be called ignorance and it has been displayed on this msg board at great length. Like they say , " ignorance is bliss" . Thanks again.
    At services yesterday, the priest dedicated the Eucharist to the officers. And we all prayed for their speedy recovery.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

To Biker, Nocturnal

Your Mayor, President, or whatever--How would you reduce crime, have a better Police Dept. a better city? I here lots of complaining, and no ideas. Bring somthing 2 the table.

Hey Dyler Turdin:

What are you? The new approach by the coppers on the board?

PBAguy taunting therising to quit hiding behind his keyboard was only a slight variation of last Spring's "if I got you in the back of my squad car, you'd be singing a different song."

You, on the other hand, first claim to be put off by personal attacks and will speak only in facts.

You then proceed to give no facts and lots of insults.

You must be another PBA pompous jerk.

What insults?

Nothing is perfect, you, the BPD, Government. But democracy is inherently imperfect...Again Im not trying to be antagonistic,..just want to know what constructive ideas you or anyone might have....I don't tow the company line, I can think for myself and possess some insight into things others might not br aware of...I will not insult anyone, unless insulted first.
    We Work Jobs we hate, to buy crap we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
    Nothing is perfect, you, the BPD, Government. But democracy is inherently imperfect...Again Im not trying to be antagonistic,..just want to know what constructive ideas you or anyone might have....I don't tow the company line, I can think for myself and possess some insight into things others might not br aware of...I will not insult anyone, unless insulted first.
    What insults?? Try this from you, pinhead:
    I,as you will see, will speak only of facts,(or rumours if I consider it credible) as for you, your writings are not open minded and appear ignorant. Im not saying you are, its just that how can we grow as people without at the very least giving some thought to anothers view, even if it is the opposite of ours. I believe we owe it to our friends and family or whoever to speak in a dignified way, because in a sense what we write will be part of our legacy.
    Addressed directly to me.

And I had never posted anything to you or any comment you had made.

So you were posting BS over on the other thread and the same thing here.

You want to talk facts, talk.

You want to spin BS, I'll knock your block off. I shoved off all the lying BFD and BPD posters here this April and I can surely kick your sorry butt.

In any event, knock off your phony pious tone.

Yo Biker

Never insulted you, unless your so thin skinned, I said your writing APPEARS ignorant, ..So know you threaten me....to KNOCK MY BLOCK OFF, what are you gonna do that thru your keyboard,...Ill meet you anytime, anywhere, so you can try....Lets see what you got, if you can pull yourself from watching naked little boys on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
    Never insulted you, unless your so thin skinned, I said your writing APPEARS ignorant, ..So know you threaten me....to KNOCK MY BLOCK OFF, what are you gonna do that thru your keyboard,...Ill meet you anytime, anywhere, so you can try....Lets see what you got, if you can pull yourself from watching naked little boys on your computer.
    Yup, clear signs of Deerhunter.

Don't piss your depens DH. I was speaking figuratively about knocking your block off.

I meant a battle of wits, right here.

Ooops, contest over. You lose.

Battle forfeited (that means "lost" to those of you in So Bflo) on account of no brains on your part.

Biker

Forgive my ignorance, i don't get the deerhunter thing., anyway, who said i was a cop, or BFD, Im just trying to get as much info as possible,as to render and informed opinion, and hopefully contribute something to this board.
    Even if I was a police offficer or fireman, first and foremost i'm a U.S citizen, who considers myself a true Patriot.

expect it

Biker and Nocturnal are Cop haters. Similar to what we encounter on the streets. These guys don't like Cops because of the power in society they have. They don't like being powerless against someone, but realize, in the real world, Cops have more power than them. Cops embarrassed Biker 20 yrs ago, he has been frustrated over his impotentcy ever since. Nocturnal emission doesn't like Cops cause they make more money than him, he can't smoke weed in public because of them and they can run red lights and won't get ticketed. He doesn't like the perks Cops enjoy, being Cops. His rants stem from his jealous frustration. Maybe he was robbed or raped and now he is mad it doesn't happen to Cops, on duty anyway. That angers him. So he sits behind his keyboard throws insults at Cops and tries to feel good about himself. He's a guy that talks to the mirror, " You talking to me...You talking to me " then fantasizes about doing something. Fantasizes, is the key, he would never do anything in public or to someones face, like Cops do everyday. Just another "keyboard gangsta". Don't take their rants seriously. I don't.
    They hate us till they need us.

You've posted four times here and about three on the other copper thread.

You wanna repeat any fact you slipped into your taunts or slurs, Ace?

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    Biker and Nocturnal are Cop haters. Similar to what we encounter on the streets. These guys don't like Cops because of the power in society they have. They don't like being powerless against someone, but realize, in the real world, Cops have more power than them. Cops embarrassed Biker 20 yrs ago, he has been frustrated over his impotentcy ever since. Nocturnal emission doesn't like Cops cause they make more money than him, he can't smoke weed in public because of them and they can run red lights and won't get ticketed. He doesn't like the perks Cops enjoy, being Cops. His rants stem from his jealous frustration. Maybe he was robbed or raped and now he is mad it doesn't happen to Cops, on duty anyway. That angers him. So he sits behind his keyboard throws insults at Cops and tries to feel good about himself. He's a guy that talks to the mirror, " You talking to me...You talking to me " then fantasizes about doing something. Fantasizes, is the key, he would never do anything in public or to someones face, like Cops do everyday. Just another "keyboard gangsta". Don't take their rants seriously. I don't.
    I don't like arrogant, belligerent union members who have contempt for the people they're supposed to serve.

You pack animals separate the world into "us versus them".

Why are you surprised that some of us do the same?

I used to get mad in the sixties at people who called you "pigs". Until I saw how often you casually acted that way in public.

I mean, what are we supposed to do? Call an arrogant cop to stop you?

And you morons throw **** around about how you keep us "safe".

Tonight I'll clean my shotgun, make sure the doors are locked and turn on the burglar alarm.

My family will be safer for those actions than relying on you thick-necked louts to keep us "safe".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information