Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets decid what compensation package

so how much $$$

would you have to be paid where you get shot at as Dave Acosta did the other night. Or worse, get your leg blown off by a high powered rifle, then die. Or be forced to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of your life ? These events all happened in one night right here in WNY. So what is the number ?
    They hate us till they need us.

Zero.

Sorry, that's your IQ.

Cause WTF does this have to do with the prior fifteen posts or this thread.

Or is that just the fiften Guinesses speaking.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Rez

Does "WTF" fit the new guidelines?

Just trying to learn.

the thread has to do with what you would pay

A Cop. That is what the thread says.
    They hate us till they need us.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WTF is fine because you didn't direct it personally at another poster

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    WTF is fine because you didn't direct it personally at another poster
    OK, got it.

Velda---take a note (do you remember what that's from, Rez?)

As to the other scurrilous, degenerate, hijacker poster (nothing personally-identified here, right?) not worth responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    I find it amusing how some people cry about "The Unionized Working Class." But those same people believe its OK for Elected Officials to Receive those same perks,pensions and Health Care options and are considered "Part-time workers."

It makes you wonder whats more important to you people: The graft and greed of the Elected and chosen few or the benefits the working class have worked and earned?

I get it: its easier to attack those workers who can't retaliate--- than to suffer the wrath of those who have the power to make your life and possibly livelihood a little uncomfortable.
    I would feel safe in saying that people who complain about "the unionized working class" have the same feelings with elected officials. They both work together.

The union is a VERY powerful voting block. Make no mistake, I think they are VERY good at getting an agenda passed.

Lucky you did not get shot

In the photo you can see the young man sitting second from the left...notice what is in his lap (plastic baggie)..most likely he is rolling a blunt, you are fortunate that someone did not shoot you for being nosey.

Police work is very dangerous work. As for the police officers that always throw the "chasing bad guys at night" line when talking about how dangerous their job is ......maybe after the Academy when they gave you the gun and the cap spray and the night stick and the walkie talkie and the hand cuffs and the cruiser with the shotgun in the trunk you should have realized that those dangers you mention are part of your job.
    I don't like to hear the bagger at TOPS complain about paper cuts..I don't accept the plumber complaining about the odor at work. Why jeez maybe because it is part of the job that they accepted.

Just because you dont want to be a cop does not mean that you are not brave. I come from a close cirlce of friends that are all military veterans..none of us are cops. But if you handed us that line about not being brave enough to do your job you might end up spitting out some teeth..hero.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    Bauerle's fill-in guy today was moaning about all the "go Bucky go" cheering that's going on.

Is he the only one in WNY that can't figure out why more and more people are beginning to see the cops as an irritant, now becoming our enemy?

Pretty soon the cops will be able to say they can't live in the town/city they serve because the residents actually hate them and they fear for their own safety.

Maybe their union leaders can 'splain to them why that happened.

But probably not.
    So, biker, how many perps have the police shot since you made this statement? How many cops have the perps shot -- and killed?
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Why would a cop have to chase him? To get closer to shot him in the back?

BTW...most people would rather be the cop in that situation...at worst he'll get winded, the old lady is the victim, not the cop...he's getting paid to get some fresh air and exercise.
    Perps: 3 cops wounded, 1 cop dead

Cops: 0 perps wounded or dead
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    When is the last time a cop has been raped or robbed on duty?

When is the last time an unarmed citizen has been raped or robbed?

Besides…cops can't be victims of crime because by their own admission their mere presence deters crime.

Go holier-than-thou Linda, go.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    Go holier-than-thou Linda, go.
    I don't bash the police, so I'll be as holier-than-thou as I like. You -- and others on this mb -- frequently write some pretty nasty things about them, virtually all of it stereotypical and most of it stemming from the fact that you resent having to pay taxes.

As with any profession, there are some rotten apples, but, hey, we all know that the cops are just "frat boys with guns", right?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D

In 2005 there were 868 murders in New York State.

How many of those victims were cops (State, Local) on duty?

In 2005 there were reported 3499 rapes in New York State?

In 2005 there were 34,805 reported robberies in New York State.

As far as more cops then perps getting shot/killed lately is concerned, I guess it's a good thing that most perps don't target armed cops more often, it seems they're (the cops) not even competent enough to protect themselves, much less the rest of us.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    I don't bash the police, so I'll be as holier-than-thou as I like. You -- and others on this mb -- frequently write some pretty nasty things about them, virtually all of it stereotypical and most of it stemming from the fact that you resent having to pay taxes.

As with any profession, there are some rotten apples, but, hey, we all know that the cops are just "frat boys with guns", right?
    I sometimes write some pretty nasty things about the coppers, stemming from the arrogant, lying, mis-leading, self-serving posts I read here ostensibly by PBA members.

Although I have to admit, most are so clumsy, stupid and inflammatory that no copper/PBA member could really write them and think he's advancing his cause.

Yeah--I bet PBAguy is really Robert Wilmers.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information