Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets decid what compensation package

Cool Meeghan decided?????????

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    No he won't.

They'll revise procedures.

Or, as someone pointed out, Meeghan will put the word out to stop the towing. As one of our boys in blue put it, the two to one man per car switch only happened when Meeghan decided the City really needed it.

You are so far from the truth , its scary. Or maybe you are being sarcastic?
    The Police Union through what they thought was a negotiated agreement , reluctantly agreed to one man cars to help save jobs and settle their contracts.
    What they got was a deal that was no deal.The city won concessions plus one man (woman) cars and then the city dropped the hammer and didn't hold up their end.The control board froze everything except the Union concessions.
    The biggest two things that did happen was the Cops agreed to One carrier health care and one person patrol cars.

Heres another deal no one seems to see.They were successful, because of weak leadership in the BFD, to separate the BFD and BPD during negotiations.This has never been done before. The BFD President was successful in making health care a separate issue. That move will haunt both departments for ever.

Although in defense of the BFD President, he did manage lately to persuade the members to allow senior employees to capture more overtime.Thus allow them to jump out, leaving the newer employees holding the bag.

Also the Mayor said most of the Cops and Firefighters "agreed to sign up for single carrier health insurance." In reality letters were sent out telling them to "sign up or loose your coverage." This was done two weeks before the news started running the stories. They never exposed the fact that this "threat" was hidden from view.

Both departments gave concessions and neither received what was promised.Again "Screw the unionized worker and pass the money uphill"
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248

That move will haunt both departments for ever."
    No, not forever.

The City is sinking so fast, it will haunt them only twenty or thirty years.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

he did manage lately to persuade the members to allow senior employees to capture more overtime.view.
    Trying to reinstitute that scam, huh.

I believe in class warfare.

Just like you do.

I hope to defeat you.

To grind you into dust.

You should be living the way everyone who thinks like you can manage; in a mud-wattled hut.

Sing your songs of solidarity and ignorance. We will put you back in your place.

Talking Thanks for opening up a little!

Thanks , i appreciate your response.You obviously have deep feelings on these issues. Try to contain your emotions and learn to express your self a little. Don't be afraid to tell your true feelings.I have to go and fix my thatched roof now , so have a good day and try to relax a little.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

My eventual revenge will be pure hell for the coppers: they will earn and live like the average citizen in the City of Buffalo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    a $5000 dollar raise...

That is abnormally more than enough for switching to 1 man cars especially when a backup car is only minutes away worse case.

Biker you poor thing

Dude, where can you go and pay less in property taxes than what you pay in Bflo ? I live in S.Bflo and pay 2,200 annually. House is probably worth 85-90k. A bargain as far as I'm concerned. I've got a friend that lives in the Village of Hamburg, yea another Cop, pays 4,000 in taxes on a 150k house. Again, not bad in my eyes. He told me when there was talk of abolishing the Village PD, the people went crazy, voting to pay more in taxes to keep their little PD. Hamburg Village Cops make more than Bflo Cops. Do you think they have an equal workload ? Dude, check yourself. WNY,it was contracted to be 10k. And look at the size of the Districts. And "only minutes away", let me punch you in the face for just one minute, 60 seconds, and then let you say " just minutes away" What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    Dude, where can you go and pay less in property taxes than what you pay in Bflo ?
    A whole lot of places.

Which is one of the many, many reasons we're emptying out.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    a $5000 dollar raise...

That is abnormally more than enough for switching to 1 man cars especially when a backup car is only minutes away worse case.

I have to disagree. MINUTES AWAY? are you nuts? The other day there were 78 calls pending. 78!!! how many "free" cops do you think there were? They have held calls for hours due to (Officers/calls) ratios. The city agreed to the $5000.00. You and I have to live by our agreements and contracts. Why not the city? Would you run into a backyard by yourself at 3AM chasing a drug dealer that has nothing to lose? Now they patrol the housing units. How fun is that?

snap
    Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    I have to disagree. MINUTES AWAY? are you nuts? The other day there were 78 calls pending. 78!!! how many "free" cops do you think there were? They have held calls for hours due to (Officers/calls) ratios. The city agreed to the $5000.00. You and I have to live by our agreements and contracts. Why not the city? Would you run into a backyard by yourself at 3AM chasing a drug dealer that has nothing to lose? Now they patrol the housing units. How fun is that?
    Communicator is right. One car police in the city sucks.

I find it amusing how some people cry about "The Unionized Working Class." But those same people believe its OK for Elected Officials to Receive those same perks,pensions and Health Care options and are considered "Part-time workers."

It makes you wonder whats more important to you people: The graft and greed of the Elected and chosen few or the benefits the working class have worked and earned?

I get it: its easier to attack those workers who can't retaliate--- than to suffer the wrath of those who have the power to make your life and possibly livelihood a little uncomfortable.
    Cry me a friggin river

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    Dude, where can you go and pay less in property taxes than what you pay in Bflo ? I live in S.Bflo and pay 2,200 annually. House is probably worth 85-90k. A bargain as far as I'm concerned. I've got a friend that lives in the Village of Hamburg, yea another Cop, pays 4,000 in taxes on a 150k house. Again, not bad in my eyes. He told me when there was talk of abolishing the Village PD, the people went crazy, voting to pay more in taxes to keep their little PD. Hamburg Village Cops make more than Bflo Cops. Do you think they have an equal workload ? Dude, check yourself. WNY,it was contracted to be 10k. And look at the size of the Districts. And "only minutes away", let me punch you in the face for just one minute, 60 seconds, and then let you say " just minutes away" What a joke.
    Are you Nuts.$you think $4,000 on a 150k house is a good deal.Go to Ohio
    its 1,515 on a 150k house I think the Cleveland burbs have police protection.

If it keeps scumbags out it is worth it

High taxes will keep out most of the dirtbags. That is the good thing about them. I said City taxes were low, that they are probably the lowest in the area.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by snap
    Communicator is right. One car police in the city sucks.
    Why is that? They have no one to talk to while what? Looking for crime?

Do they acutally do that? Just patrol on regular intervals?

I would really like to know what they do for what we spend...

snap
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Why is that? They have no one to talk to while what? Looking for crime?

Do they acutally do that? Just patrol on regular intervals?

I would really like to know what they do for what we spend...
    Twice as much gas in their cruisers for one. Ever think of that? Not a police officer. Have to watch the road. Watch computer. Listen to scanner. Check plates. Answer calls. Put up with ****. "Minutes away" makes a difference. One car police is waiting for back up. Should rent Clueless some time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information