Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Cheat-towaga

On Cheat-towaga

by Chris Stevenson

Cheektowaga may be more scandal-ridden than it’s parent city of Buffalo. Let’s face it, most suburban town corruption simply doesn’t get the press on the same issues as their mother-city does, unless of course you’re talking Cheektowaga.

Cheektowaga may be more scandal-ridden than it’s parent city of Buffalo. Let’s face it, most suburban town corruption simply doesn’t get the press on the same issues as their mother-city does, unless of course you’re talking Cheektowaga. Most of my stories on the South Buffalo town over the years had to do with racist incidents between blacks and Cheektowaga Police. In many cases you’ll find many of the area’s major media to opt out of covering suburban corruption in favor of city corruption, why not? 1-Many of the news reporters live in these towns. 2-The outrage just isn’t the same, suburban dwellers could care less about their local town’s corruption.

Case-in-point. Recently (2/10) there was an executive board meeting in relation to Highway Department issues in Cheektowaga Town Hall. One of the major issues is the misallocation of funds and resources including the overpayment of a country club parking lot (a club Superintendent Mark Wegner reportedly belongs to), payroll payments to employees who weren’t working which amounted to $40,000, and employees alleged to be golfing on town time. If this is true how could it go on for so long without backlash? 1-Connections. Mark Wegner is the Superintendent of Highways and said to be close to Erie County Democratic Party Chairman Jeremy Zellner, and Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz. 2-Cheektowaga Town Councilwoman Diane Benczkowski is said to be covering up the Highway Department Issues.

Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com

2-Cheektowaga Town Councilwoman Diane Benczkowski is said to be covering up the Highway Department Issues.

These accusations reportedly come three weeks after Benczkowski publicly accused Cheektowaga Democratic Chairman Frank Max of falsifying overtime documents while he was head of the Cheektowaga Sanitation Department.
    Who "said" Diane was covering up the Highway Department issue?

A reporter or blogger with any integrity would disclose the source of such a claim, even if nothing more than "a person with inside knowledge told me..." Otherwise it is just blowhard bs blogging by an irresponsible wanna-be reporter with no integrity.

My guess is you don't have a source - you are just regurgitating something you read on another website - not only is that irresponsible it is plagiarism when you don't reference the source.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Given Diane M Benczkowski’s involvement in real estate there seems to be serious conflicts of interests with her. Benczkowski is a licensed associate real estate broker for MJ Peterson, located on Transit Rd., Lancaster. On her current list of houses for sale is one at 830 Borden Rd , Cheektowaga. Michael J. Lumadue, who also works for Peterson also has the same house pictured on his for-sale listings. She is a councilperson and a business person named in the investigation. She should have recused herself as someone involved with a property co-listed with someone named in an investigation. He is also the same person named in a report who was paid without working (Lumadue also works for the Highway Department) to the tune of over 700 comp hours (17 and a half weeks) alone according to a story in the Buffalo Chronicle. Dream jobs.
    This can't be the same Michael Lumadue that works for us is it? How does he work for MJ Peterson yet hold down a "full time" job employed by us property/business owners?

Check this out.

2011 $75,895
    2012 $78,563
    2013 $78,978
    2014 $80,909

REMEMBER that is just the base part of the salary. We also need to add in the cost of the healthcare package paid to the employee including what is paid to the employee for pension contributions.

WHAT justifies this salary and yearly raise when it seems a person can also have time to work for another company? A reason of "He is a really nice guy" is not a reason for a raise. YES I have hear that come up in passing regarding raises of random people in the past.

Chris, did you confirm all your facts?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This can't be the same Michael Lumadue that works for us is it? How does he work for MJ Peterson yet hold down a "full time" job employed by us property/business owners?

Check this out.

2011 $75,895
    2012 $78,563
    2013 $78,978
    2014 $80,909

REMEMBER that is just the base part of the salary. We also need to add in the cost of the healthcare package paid to the employee including what is paid to the employee for pension contributions.

WHAT justifies this salary and yearly raise when it seems a person can also have time to work for another company? A reason of "He is a really nice guy" is not a reason for a raise. YES I have hear that come up in passing regarding raises of random people in the past.

Best thing to happen is to get the cheaters to keep pointing fingers at each other and exposing each other.

Maybe you should start two sub forums - one for each faction - where only supports of a particular faction can post accusations of the other faction. If their accusations can't be disputed in their own forum, they might be willing to tell us more of what they know of the other faction. the rest of us can just read the two forums in tandem to get the full story.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The only way the BS is going to stop is to clean house. Only fear would be is putting people on the town board who are even worse compared to what we have now.

Isnt it funny how they are like jackles - fall out of step and the pack falls back and attacks. They'll eat their own!

More smoke from the Party Lawyer - it doesn't matter what "Faction" of the Party is talking about who - the factual truth is its actually members of the Controlling Dem Party. The factual truth is they have been cheating and abusing tax funded positions and contract awards for years and years.

You can try and blame it on "Party Infighting" - new Committee Leaders - what ever - its still all true. From the lips of their own people -

Many people over the years have said - if Lancaster, Depew and Cheektowaga were ever truly investigated - it would be like reading a story straight out of Tammany Hall.

These people have routinely held so many tax funded positions - some with two - three pay checks from different agencies/Towns/Village and even County level positions.

Then you throw in their personal connections and financial real estate dealings - their ripping it from every direction.

All this while pretending to be the "Tax Payers Servants" - not even close.

But as the article says - people in the burbs don't seem to care. They like shiny new homes in Pleasant Valley Land(Peyton Place) - the media lives here - so lets not upset the neighbors with reality. Talk about those bad people in the Big City.

The local Governments and their media friends would rather crush and degrade anyone who speaks out.

How much more property taxes can you afford to pay to maintain the illusion ?
    Last edited by 4248; March 7th, 2015 at 01:36 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    She wanted to make it illegal for someone employed by the town to serve in a political party. Can’t have that. This is just some of what Benczkowski and others don’t want you to know.
    It not that is "illegal".

It is a conflict of interest especially if the person working is the one who gives support to a town board member come election time.

If I was Town Supervisor/board member I would do my best to not allow that. I don't mean committee people or registered party members. I'm referring to party officers such as chairmen.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    All this while pretending to be the "Tax Payers Servants" - not even close.
    Those days are long gone. They are employees. Simple as that. The true public servants are those who volunteer their time and help those in the community.

Check this out.

2011 $75,895
    2012 $78,563
    2013 $78,978
    2014 $80,909

Is this the same Mike Lumadue from the cheek. highway dept?
    http://www.mjpeterson.com/view_agent.asp?AGENTID=10186

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe what’s needed is new blood. Kenneth Young is looking to be the first black town councilman in the history of Cheektowaga. He is hosting a $35 a plate fundraiser this evening at the George Urban Mansion between 5-7:30 pm.
    Here is the issue with Ken. Ken Young is being backed by John Marriott, the guy who put out all that negative stuff about closing the senior center a few year back. If this is not true Ken should let people know.

Far as I know John Marriott was ousted off the democrat committee once our Town Highway Supervisor, I mean the new Cheektowaga Democratic Party Chairman ousted our Sanitation Supervisor, opps, I mean the old Cheektowaga Democratic Party Chairman from his seat.

I think if Diane wants to run to be our Supervisor it's time to start acting like one. If it can be done I think a resolution should go up that states that us property/business owners will not employ a party chairman. It is simply a conflict of interest because the people who require the party chair person's support come election time are the ones that would over see their work ethics. Something on that order.

When I post columns do you guys even bother to hit the links? I got MJ Peterson links for both officials.

This is part of the problem - people are so used to actually ignoreing reality !

People like Nogods the Party Lawyer - comes out swinging in every direction:

"Its a Party faction issue"
    - "How can you believe some guy who writes a factual article, complete with links"
    - "Lets just replace some of our guys with some of our new guys and all will be well"
    - "Just ignore the fact its all the same Party"
    - "Lets just blame the ones who upset our County guys"

Its not one or two people - its the whole Party System ! Its not just one Village , Town or City - its the Party Entitlement system.

Its out of whack - they have perverted and circumvented every safe guard our fore fathers wrote into the system. They are using Public Office as their private tax funded Party Kingdoms .

Its got to change - how much more can we afford ?

Most of these Party Playin people are in office for the tax funded life time healthcare and tax funded pensions. After just a minimal time in office they qualify for tax funded life time entitlements.

So they make good piles of money doing other things, realestate, private business's(like bars, landscaping, vehicle and equipment sales and so on) - the Elected and appointed posts are the gravy train of benefits.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
    When I post columns do you guys even bother to hit the links? I got MJ Peterson links for both officials.
    I read your entire article.

This how politics works tit for tat, hand shake hand, rub my back I'll rub yours all in the terms of favors. so your issue is you are not getting anything out of this deal, is this right. We are tax payers we are only good for paying for these favors.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post

by Chris Stevenson

Cheektowaga may be more scandal-ridden than it’s parent city of Buffalo. Let’s face it, most suburban town corruption simply doesn’t get the press on the same issues as their mother-city does, unless of course you’re talking Cheektowaga.

Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    This how politics works tit for tat, hand shake hand, rub my back I'll rub yours all in the terms of favors. so your issue is you are not getting anything out of this deal, is this right. We are tax payers we are only good for paying for these favors.

Well in the best thing for us home/business owners to do is put people on the town board with our best interest in mind. Not party/self interest.
    We also don't want people on the town board that support the corruption at various levels of government including going against our founding fathers paperwork. IE: Second Amendment.

Remember do not listen to what they say watch what they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information