Thread: An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

This Friday (June 16th) is the Buffalo premiere of Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth".

For anyone even remotely concerned about the issue of climate change, Gore's movie is pretty much a must-see.

You can purchase tickets in advance by clicking this link.

I'll be going to the 7pm screening, as will many members of the WNY Coalition for Progress. Immediately after that screening, we'll hold a general meeting and post-movie discussion forum at Bobby McGee's next door.

That discussion and meeting will probably kick off around 8:45 pm. So:

What: Movie Screening of "An Inconvenient Truth" and General Meeting/Discussion
    When: Friday June 16th, Movie at 7:00 pm and General Meeting at 8:45 pm
    Where: Movie: Dipson's Amherst Theatre, 3500 Main Street, Buffalo, General meeting: Bobby McGee's, also 3500 Main Street, Buffalo.

Please sign up and RSVP through meetup, so we can get an approximate headcount.

This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Unregistered
    Looks interesting. I'll see you there Pundit

I don't understand ...

If this is an urgent crisis, why he didn't do something about it while he was vice-president of the most powerful country on Earth for 8 years?

Buffy & Dave are going...

ummm, b/c it wasn't that urgent 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I don't understand ...

If this is an urgent crisis, why he didn't do something about it while he was vice-president of the most powerful country on Earth for 8 years?
    He tried. But people didn't take it seriously then, and the administration denies that climate change exists today.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

moonshine
    But people didn't take it seriously then
    Thankfully nothing has changed. It's still the same load of crap it was 8 years ago.

Well, I wonder........ for instance on Channel 2 News the other day they were clamoring on how global warming and the increase in CO2 has resulted in an over abundance of poison ivy......as an aside, the "botanist" stated that all flora was growing in over abundance. Well, harkening back to my ill advised Pre-Med days, I seem to remember that plants converted CO2 into 02. So, isn't that sort of a natural balancing?

Frankly, the real issue isn't pollution per se, but rather extreme over-population (to which I have contributed my share) which breeds, at an exponential rate, pollution.....
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I don't understand ...

He did - The Kyoto Agreement: "The United States of America (USA), although a signatory (1998) to the protocol, has neither ratified nor withdrawn from the protocol. The signature alone is mostly symbolic, as the protocol is non-binding over the United States unless ratified."

No treaty becomes law unless ratified by Congress. The Republicans don't want it. So until they agree Clinton and Gore's efforts mean nothing.

They put zero effort into promoting Kyoto or trying to win any compromise. They knew it would fail and just let it flap in the wind. The treaty was flawed for many reasons and they knew that.

If they really wanted environmental results, the administration should have promoted a real US internal policy to cut emmissions or reduce waste. They did nothing but sign-on to a foreign plan that was/is unrealistic to obtain. And the work-arounds being used are defeating the whole purpose of the treaty anyway (as in "swapping credits" with non-polluting countries)

It was convenient for them to sign a treaty they knew would fail, then just leave it for the next administration to deal with. Now what did Gore actually do during those 8 years in office to "ward off environmental catastrophe".

Why do those who believe in "global warming" (artificially-caused and dangerous increase in the earth's temperature) spend so much time trying convince those who don't, and coerce those who don't, and so little time changing their own daily personal behavior which, they believe, contributes to global warming?

Thread Information