Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth Premiere & Discussion Friday 6/16

Thumbs up

You can pre-order tickets online at:

http://www.dipsontheatres.com/showti...wtimeID=107521

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hey if i zip down union to main and turn right.. how far down are the theatres?

you have to turn left at Union/Main - theater is across from the UB South campus at the old University Plaza, just past Bailey on the right - plenty of parking.

...although you may want to hop on the highway and avoid Williamsville traffic...

90E -> 290 and get off on Main St. WEST... the movie theater is just past our fancy new yet-to-open Dunkin' Donuts.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Same place where Moore's Fahrenheit 911 was initially screened---the theater of the intelligentsia
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    The movie should be titled - "An Inconvenient Truth - Al Gore still wants to be President"
    That's what's really behind your reply, isn't it, Hardy? The democrats thought of it first, and the fact that it might cost the repub's beloved corporations some money? And Al Gore--nemesis!
    What exactly is the harm in taking care of the earth. Just by the way of making things cleaner and safer we might be doing something for our descendants--oh no! A benefit that we don't even get to see. What's the use?
    All kinds of people would benefit, come to think about it, but heck, they're halfway around the world and don't have any money besides. So why bother?
    Well, I like Al Gore's values, Hardy, and I wish our present president had a few of them.

I always thought Tipper might be a fun date after a few drinks in her.....
    "The horror........The horror..........."

My concern is that the earth slowed down one second last year and I wasted it.

This is a must see documentary, thought provoking & compelling. I'm glad I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    This is a must see documentary, thought provoking & compelling. I'm glad I saw it.
    Yeah Yeah... you said the same thing about Over The Hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    Ragin and I should up early and didnt see you guys.

Next time you got to stop by hemmingways with us for the pre event event
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    That's what's really behind your reply, isn't it, Hardy? The democrats thought of it first, and the fact that it might cost the repub's beloved corporations some money?
    No not at all. Al Gore can make an ass out of himself and the Dem party all he wants. That is just fine with me. It is also apparant that the Dems are sheep and have no independent thought when it comes to the real sciences not the junk science they bow to for re -election bids.

What exactly is the harm in taking care of the earth. Just by the way of making things cleaner and safer we might be doing something for our descendants--oh no! A benefit that we don't even get to see. What's the use?
    No harm at all. We all want a clean earth and less pollution. To use a false arguement of man causing global warming, specifically the USA is a lie and myth. No factual evidence exists.

All kinds of people would benefit, come to think about it, but heck, they're halfway around the world and don't have any money besides. So why bother?
    Well, I like Al Gore's values, Hardy, and I wish our present president had a few of them.
    I am happy to know their are more gullable dems out there like yourself. Willing to buy into the hyped claims of a man who told the world he invented the World Wide Web.

You go Dems! Keep up the good work!

go see the movie, Lhardy, then we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I don't understand ...

If this is an urgent crisis, why he didn't do something about it while he was vice-president of the most powerful country on Earth for 8 years?
    He did - The Kyoto Agreement: "The United States of America (USA), although a signatory (1998) to the protocol, has neither ratified nor withdrawn from the protocol. The signature alone is mostly symbolic, as the protocol is non-binding over the United States unless ratified."

No treaty becomes law unless ratified by Congress. The Republicans don't want it. So until they agree Clinton and Gore's efforts mean nothing.

They put zero effort into promoting Kyoto or trying to win any compromise. They knew it would fail and just let it flap in the wind. The treaty was flawed for many reasons and they knew that.

If they really wanted environmental results, the administration should have promoted a real US internal policy to cut emmissions or reduce waste. They did nothing but sign-on to a foreign plan that was/is unrealistic to obtain. And the work-arounds being used are defeating the whole purpose of the treaty anyway (as in "swapping credits" with non-polluting countries)

It was convenient for them to sign a treaty they knew would fail, then just leave it for the next administration to deal with. Now what did Gore actually do during those 8 years in office to "ward off environmental catastrophe".

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information