Thread: 168,000 to Lose TRICARE Prime Coverage

168,000 to Lose TRICARE Prime Coverage

More than 168,000 TRICARE Prime enrollees -- those in managed care networks set up more than 40 miles from a military base or a base closure site -- could lose access to those networks and therefore pay higher out-of-pocket costs under new TRICARE support contracts to take effect in 2009. Read the full story at Military.com.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tricare is a PREFERRED PROVIDER. According to the article, Service members get care at no charge. Other Prime enrollees pay an annual fee of $230 for individual or $460 for family coverage, and modest co-payments for doctor visits, lab tests and hospital care.

So, I'd say in MY CIRCUMSTANCE, if I can get my family covered for $460 a year - I'm pretty damn happy contributing MY PART to the enormous costs of maintaining such an expensive program.

Even if the costs DOUBLE for these people, it breaks down to $40 a month for a Single and around $80 a month for a family! I bet if these people were to cut down on their daily Starbucks, cigarettes, 240 TV channels plus 50 Movie channels or the other useless things they buy EXCEEDING the $40/$80 a month, they can do it!

This article proves once more SOME OF YOU can't fathom anyone contributing to the costs of healthcare, which in this case for Tricare, the current recipients are getting a pretty damn good deal.

OMG! Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by a-new-voice
    Tricare is a PREFERRED PROVIDER. According to the article, Service members get care at no charge.
    whats your point?

-- those in managed care networks set up more than 40 miles from a military base or a base closure site
    That would probably exclude active duty duty svc members dontcha think?

Please stop trying to act like you know something about the military. Your just embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by steven; August 22nd, 2007 at 10:46 AM.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Thread Information