Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: And the cutting begins....

And the cutting begins....

So far Mohan and his gal Friday(Schratz) have cut the DARE program and the bike path patrols. Everyone knows what a terrible program keeping our kids off drugs is. Next I think they should just hand out 1 bullet to each officer and share handcuffs and flashlights. Oh wait, most of the officers have to buy their own flashlights already. They already use hand-me-down radios and phones from the City of Buffalo and the dispatch center is held together with duct tape. But let's cut more from the police budget.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    So far Mohan and his gal Friday(Schratz) have cut the DARE program and the bike path patrols. Everyone knows what a terrible program keeping our kids off drugs is. Next I think they should just hand out 1 bullet to each officer and share handcuffs and flashlights. Oh wait, most of the officers have to buy their own flashlights already. They already use hand-me-down radios and phones from the City of Buffalo and the dispatch center is held together with duct tape. But let's cut more from the police budget.
    Well pay your police a little less and get them better equipment.

Parents should keep thier children off of drugs.

Did the DARE program work? Drugs are everywhere in the schools.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

D.A.R.E.

Drugs are really everywhere!
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

It would be interesting to see how quickly things revert back the first time there is some sort of sexual assult along the bike path.

Think of it like this. Mohan looked over the 2006 budget when he ran for office. Mohan said he could cut spending 10% his first year which means cutting at least $10 million. He said he could do this without layoffs. So if he is even close and there is a budget shortfall of 3 or 4 million.....why can't he just take it from whereever he was planning to cut the $10million? This should not be a problem for him since he must have had a plan when he stated that he could cut $10 million plus!!!! Maybe he should have thought of that before he agreed to buy the church....and then he changed his mind....and instaed of stating that he had a change of heart he came up with the fake shortfall. Why do they keep saying there is a defict if there is $20 million in fund balance. There would have to be a shortfall greater than the $20 million for there to be a deficit.

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by rez
    Well pay your police a little less and get them better equipment.
    i love the speculation since you probably havent seen their budget prior to passing judgement, much like the COB coppers.

The Town 2006 budget is on the Town website. I have seen it. It isn't hard to find. The hard part is, knowing what it all means, which Mohan does not.

BTW, Mohan said again that he would not sign the paperwork on the 3 policemen whom the Town Board voted to hire last Monday. Did someone ask what he has done that is dictatorial? Does this qualify? I think so! Even Dubya, the worst president ever, knows he has to sign what Congress passes, whether he likes it or not. I would think those people could sue him if he doesn't do his job.

It actually makes no difference whether he signs off on the three officer hires or not. The board voted on and passed the hirings, so they'll be hired.

Quote Originally Posted by AmherstSucks
    It actually makes no difference whether he signs off on the three officer hires or not. The board voted on and passed the hirings, so they'll be hired.
    I know, but some paperwork has to go to the County Personnel and they won't accept it without his signature. Don't know if this might affect them. I hope not. But this is a classic examplke of his "my way or the highway" style. This man has NO concept of American democracy.

Yea, it's going to cost the taxpayers even more money than it should because the lawyers will get involved in pushing it through. Another added expense to the taxpayer courtesy of Satish.

Thankfully he is not the final authority on everything. He may end up getting relegated into irrelevance if we're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by crlachepinochet
    Did the DARE program work? Drugs are everywhere in the schools.

Yes I believe it does work. If it keeps one kid off of drugs it worked. The program is not intended to have the police raise our children. It is so they get educated about drugs and hopefully it carries over to their teen years where their parents need to parent more and pay attention to their kids. Imagine how many would be on drugs without it?

Whether there is a budget decicit or there isn't, cuts still need to be made. The best way to do that without sacrificing services is to cut the assistant department head positions. The full time position of Disaster coordinator is unnecessary & should be eliminated. Those responsibilities belong to the police department. Give the police this responsibility AND the 3 new patrol officers! Mohan also should have Wixon take a hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    Whether there is a budget decicit or there isn't, cuts still need to be made. The best way to do that without sacrificing services is to cut the assistant department head positions. The full time position of Disaster coordinator is unnecessary & should be eliminated. Those responsibilities belong to the police department. Give the police this responsibility AND the 3 new patrol officers! Mohan also should have Wixon take a hike!

I think the assistant department head issue has to be looked at department by department. Some larger departments really need an assistant. You need to know what they do and what the department head does.

The Disaster Coordinator could maybe be put under the Police Dept. but we do need a disaster coordinator function.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    i love the speculation since you probably havent seen their budget prior to passing judgement, much like the COB coppers.
    Why would I have to see the budget to make my statement? You have a set amount of money to work with. If you need equipment you need equipment. If you know your equipment needs replacing every so many years that should of been budgeted along the way.

If you have been pushing the majority of your budget into payroll/bene's while neglecting the tools you need to do your job you were budgeting incorrectly. Equipment is just as important as the labor needed to use that equipment if needed.

Guess it's time to lower your budget for labor and increase your budget for equipment from the set amount of revenue you have to work with.

If a town gets a windfall/surplus of revenue perhaps they should plan to spend it on items that need replacment versus who get's a raise.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information