Thread: Union Spin on State Taxes

Union Spin on State Taxes

I was listing to WBEN AM radio today.
    On the show they had a State Union spokesman explaing on how the State workers through their concessions are saving the State.

One of his brilliant statements was on how the State Workers who don't pay any state taxes on their State pensions. He claimed the money the State Pensioners don't pay in State Taxes is spent directly in the area contributing to the economy of the area.

I wonder how much better our area economy would be. If we all paid a lot less in State taxes?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So with that reasoning it would be better for all of us to stop paying state income tax. Correct? The trickle down effect would be awesome wouldn't it?

1. How can anyone say that without having access to all pensioners checking/credit accounts?
    2. I think he needs to define the area in "directly in the area" because even though I have no proof, I am pretty sure there are people drawing pensions that live in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I was listing to WBEN AM radio today.
    On the show they had a State Union spokesman explaing on how the State workers through their concessions are saving the State.

One of his brilliant statements was on how the State Workers who don't pay any state taxes on their State pensions. He claimed the money the State Pensioners don't pay in State Taxes is spent directly in the area contributing to the economy of the area.

I wonder how much better our area economy would be. If we all paid a lot less in State taxes?
    I love it! Choke the crap out of somebody until they are unconscious then expect a pat on the back for resusitating them.

Last time I checked a huge number of nys pensioners don't live in nys. With two years both my aunt and mother will be taking their 50K + a year pensions to other states!

Also what this idoit neglected to mention was that 30% of people employeed in nys work for the tax payer. Aka taking way more out then they'll ever put in!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Fantasy world

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So with that reasoning it would be better for all of us to stop paying state income tax. Correct? The trickle down effect would be awesome wouldn't it?
    What I was trying to point out is the way the state union representative seem to look at the state taxpayers as a cash cow. It is fine the state pensioners don't have to pay state taxes while the New York tax payers must their pay state taxes. I think it would be better for all people should have to pay taxes on all the money received from the state or a private employer.

Let's all share the pain.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Or lets end the fact that our state budget is twice as large as ANY OTHER large state per person???

What could you do with $3300 per person in your house per year???
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    1. How can anyone say that without having access to all pensioners checking/credit accounts?
    2. I think he needs to define the area in "directly in the area" because even though I have no proof, I am pretty sure there are people drawing pensions that live in other states.
    I know someone who gets a $76,000 a year pension from the county job he had and he now lives in Maryland. We see none of it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information