Thread: Wal Mart in Alden

Wal Mart in Alden

Does anyone have an update on the status of a Walmart in Alden? Is the project completely off the table?

Thanks to anyone who has some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by roblaw View Post
    Does anyone have an update on the status of a Walmart in Alden? Is the project completely off the table?

Thanks to anyone who has some insight.
    That project is way off the table. Now there is talk about a super mega brothel/strip club being built there.

Bud,

I have no idea if you are joking. Is there really a strip club proposed out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud B Boomer View Post
    That project is way off the table. Now there is talk about a super mega brothel/strip club being built there.

That is what I hear in the local diner. I guess Larry Flint is the money behind the project. The developer is looking at as an adult playground vacation destination complete with strip clubs, adult toy store, massage parlors and a low key brothel. For a rural, boondock town this is big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud B Boomer View Post
    That is what I hear in the local diner. I guess Larry Flint is the money behind the project. The developer is looking at as an adult playground vacation destination complete with strip clubs, adult toy store, massage parlors and a low key brothel. For a rural, boondock town this is big.
    Is there really any sense of truth to that?

The property WalMart wanted to go to was zoned either Residential, or Ag, wasn't it? So, it would obviously need a rezoning --- and, you really think the Town would rezone it for that use?

All I can tell you is what the word on the street and in the diners is. Really a perfect location, halfway between Buffalo and Darien Lake...

Wow! That would be something. Something Odd.

Flynt does have the local tie with Paul Cambria. In fact he was in town a number of weeks back.

That Lancaster Airport expansion is making a lot more sense now. What kind of planes can it accommodate?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Is there really any sense of truth to that?

The property WalMart wanted to go to was zoned either Residential, or Ag, wasn't it? So, it would obviously need a rezoning --- and, you really think the Town would rezone it for that use?

Unregistered
    All those years of law suits, costing Wal Mart millions & millions of $$$$ of legal fees & surveys, It's called pay back. Wait to you see who Wal Mart is selling the land to at Transit & William too. .

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDude View Post
    Wait to you see who Wal Mart is selling the land to at Transit & William too. .
    Since you seem to think you know something that we don't, and the rest of us all think you're full of it, why not prove your own validity by just coming out and telling us who it is?

Vegasdude,

You have been spot on for years. I am dying to know. Who? Hint? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDude View Post
    All those years of law suits, costing Wal Mart millions & millions of $$$$ of legal fees & surveys, It's called pay back. Wait to you see who Wal Mart is selling the land to at Transit & William too. .

I am a resident of Alden. Walmart was never interested in Alden. The whole thing was a proposal to Walmart and Home Depot by the property owner. They both want shovel ready land. The land in question has no sewers, water or any other ammenities. After all the fighting back and forth, a representitive from Walmart sent a letter to the town board stating that they were approached, not the other way around.

Thread Information