Thread: How funny can life be...I'll tell you

Unhappy How funny can life be...I'll tell you

Yesterday being 5/30/06, I noticed my car was leaking some coolant.

I said to myself, ok self, I better check my maintenance log in the house on my computer.

Humm I said, getting pretty close to my annual check up time. I drove over to my car dealership made my appointment for a coolant change.

This morning I dropped off my car thinking it wouldn't take too long to change my coolant and any other MINOR part needed.

A friend dropped me off at home and about 30 minutes later my guy Andy called me to give me some real unexpected news.

It seem my car, my 7 year old car needed a new water pump, Thermostat, a flush out, and a new manifold seal that will cost me a total whopping $1172.33.

Yep, life can surely throw you a fast ball when you were expecting a change up ball.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

That's not too funny. That's sad. Which part is sucking up the majority of the bill? That seems like a lot of money for the work you mentioned.

Why don't you just get GeorgeB to fix it on his lunch hour?

see what happens when you throw around 5/30/06 as an "elimination" date; karma is surely swift & relentless

I wish karma would just teach Riven a lesson by having the Sabres win it all.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Karma bites you in the ass every time

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    It seem my car, my 7 year old car needed a new water pump, Thermostat, a flush out, and a new manifold seal that will cost me a total whopping $1172.33.

Average car such as a Buick Century.
    Water pump-60.00
    Flush out- 50.00 (Including labor.)
    Intake manifold gasket- about 650.00 (including labor) They pretty much have to take the top of the engine off.
    Shouldn't cost you more than eight hundre or so. The intake manifold is second only to a head gasket as far as replacment goes. The gasket set is only about thirty to sixty bucks, but replacing it is a job.
    Still I think they are getting you for about three hundred more than you should be paying, Try an independent like Falukners on seneca dtreet in West Seneca. He should be more resonable than a dealer and he does quality work.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What would wear that gasket out?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Karma bites you in the ass every time
    EVERY time.

TimeOut Chair
    Yesterday being 5/30/06, I noticed my car was leaking some coolant.

I said to myself, ok self, I better check my maintenance log in the house on my computer.

Humm I said, getting pretty close to my annual check up time. I drove over to my car dealership made my appointment for a coolant change.

This morning I dropped off my car thinking it wouldn't take too long to change my coolant and any other MINOR part needed.

A friend dropped me off at home and about 30 minutes later my guy Andy called me to give me some real unexpected news.

Yep, life can surely throw you a fast ball when you were expecting a change up ball.
    is it a leased car? why take it to a "dealership" for repairs? dealerships are out to make money, right? dealerships have their "off the books" buddies look at a car, charge an arm and a leg in "parts & labor", then bill someone an obsense amount.

why not take it to a "back yard" mechanic?

Having dropped $1100 into my car a couple of weeks ago, I feel your pain.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Humm

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    see what happens when you throw around 5/30/06 as an "elimination" date; karma is surely swift & relentless

Yes Buffy you may be right this time...seems like my Karma is bitting me in my butt.

Last night I sat in my AC until the rain came. This afternoon I go to trun on my AC and the danm thing won't work humm...seems like another large bill coming my way. It was nothing that yesterday my car bill cost me so much money but I paid out a whopping $742.00 in labor cost only and you know what...I just finished posting a new thread about McKee...what's next Kamra...sniff, sniff...is that smoke I smell ?.....Oh No!!!!!!!
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

humm

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta13
    Having dropped $1100 into my car a couple of weeks ago, I feel your pain.

Its really not pain just how funny life can be..hehehe
    Riven37
    _________

Thread Information