Thread: Obama Pulls Plug of MDS

Obama Pulls Plug of MDS

Ahhhhh Jimmy Carter #2. So what do you think? Obama has just gave into russia and we get nothing in return. We turn our back to our allies and NATO. the criticism from the right is that he was weakening America's security.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    But didn't he assure them that we'd be there for them AFTER Russia, China or Iran obliterates them?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Ahhhhh Jimmy Carter #2. So what do you think? Obama has just gave into russia and we get nothing in return. We turn our back to our allies and NATO. the criticism from the right is that he was weakening America's security.
    Was that akin to trying to understand and make nice with Tehran

Yes we have th kinder gentler sens gonads president. I feel very uber fuzzy now.

This isn't the 1950s anymore, why does the US need to supply missiles and military installations in Poland? All the hawks were ok with us putting missiles in Poland but they flip out when Russia responds and suggested that they put missiles near their borders. Apparently what was good for us is not good for anyone else. The only thing having a missile "shield" would do is escalate tensions.

If Poland still wants the Bush missile shield, why not just buy the missiles from the US and set it up themselves.

The best decision he's made so far as a president. Now we need to convince him to pull the plug on the rest of his nightmarish proposals.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    This isn't the 1950s anymore, why does the US need to supply missiles and military installations in Poland? All the hawks were ok with us putting missiles in Poland but they flip out when Russia responds and suggested that they put missiles near their borders. Apparently what was good for us is not good for anyone else. The only thing having a missile "shield" would do is escalate tensions.

If Poland still wants the Bush missile shield, why not just buy the missiles from the US and set it up themselves.

It would be nice if War was always a distant option

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Was that akin to trying to understand and make nice with Tehran

Yes we have th kinder gentler sens gonads president. I feel very uber fuzzy now.
    SU, from what i have been reading it all revolves around iran.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    SU, from what i have been reading it all revolves around iran.
    That my friend is the elephant in the room. Those pesky persians are the match in the tinderbox

in my opinion

I have a feeling Isreal is going to get medievel on their heiny.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I have a feeling Isreal is going to get medievel on their heiny.

my opinion is, let them build their own damned missile defense system.

Why should we americans, foot the bill for thier defense? They do NOTHING to help america, and tell us to fight our own wars, on our own. But then when ever anything bad happens, they come to us for help and we give it to them... hundreds of billions of dollars stolen from the american people.

Bout time a president stood up and told the rest of the world 'no'
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Right from the get go when bush jr. announced this system it made no sense. If Iran were to launch one single missile at Israel it would cease to exit. If Iran launched one single missile at anything, retaliation would again, erase Iran from the planet. All this would be done with 'the military we have now, not the military we wish to have or should have' or spend billions of dollars more on with little or no or unknown effective weapon systems.

We then hear from right-wing radio guy who states Poland and Czech Republic will now be left vulnerable to Russia's military might. Excuse me Mr. Radio guy, but when and where did bush jr. ever state this was a missile defense for Russian missiles?

I'm sure U.S. bases in Europe are well equipped with counter measures for one or two lone missile launches if they were to emanate from Iran.

I'll even agree with several posts that stated if these countries want a missile defense system that bad, then they should buy or build their own.

Thread Information