Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does no one care about this?

Why does no one care about this?

This isn't seen on liberal media tv.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...deo-footage-2/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1252...googlenews_wsj

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...imp-prostitute

The was a vote
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...using-funding/
    to take away funding for ACORN. 7 senators voted against this. Guess who was one of the nay voters?
    Burris (D) from Illinois;
    Casey (D) from Pennsylvania;
    Durbin (D) from Illinois;
    Gillibrand (D) from New York;
    Leahy (D) from Vermont;
    Sanders (I) from Vermont; and
    Whitehouse (D) from Rhode Island.
    I wonder if she just didn't want to bite the hand that fed her?
    Why is FOX the only TV News to report on this?
    Where is the outrage?
    What is Bush were president? How do you think this would have been portrayed?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

New York Senator Gillibrand should be ashamed of her decision to support Acorn after seeing what this undercover investigations have shown. Anyone that would offer advice on how to use 12-15 year old girls (brought here from out of the country as prostitutes) as tax write offs instead of calling the police has no morals and only slightly better than those that would support this practice.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Actually, I read it on MSNBC, I believe as reported by AP.

But oh, that darn "liberal media"
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Actually, I read it on MSNBC, I believe as reported by AP.

But oh, that darn "liberal media"
    Consider your audience...
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I'm pretty sure I heard about this threw the liberal media
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

“Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Apparently our Senator Gillibrand does not read nor watch any news reports anywhere. So what is her excuse? She needs to spend more time with her family. Vote for someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Apparently our Senator Gillibrand does not read nor watch any news reports anywhere. So what is her excuse? She needs to spend more time with her family. Vote for someone else!
    Now that this information came out, I would never vote for Senator Gillibrand. Sounds like she has a personal interest in ACORN.. scary!!
    Last edited by ichingtheory; September 16th, 2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Or maybe Sen Gillibrand understands that ACORN does an exemplary job of self-reporting when it finds a problem, and all the screaming about the organization is an attempt by the right wing to distract from discussions about actual issues, which they invariably lose upon merit.

That's right...she refuses to pander to a yellow mass media, and she needs to be ostracized? Good for her that she's more worried about actually running that country rather than the latest political fad.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Or maybe Sen Gillibrand understands that ACORN does an exemplary job of self-reporting when it finds a problem
    Does an exemplary job of self-reporting when it finds a problem?

Did you know that they are now seeking a lawsuit against the hidden camera team and Fox news for reporting these incidents? They should not be getting ANY taxpayer dollars, PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Does an exemplary job of self-reporting when it finds a problem?

Did you know that they are now seeking a lawsuit against the hidden camera team and Fox news for reporting these incidents? They should not be getting ANY taxpayer dollars, PERIOD.
    Wanna do an expose' on the private contractors Republicans have allocated money to over the past decade? I'm pretty sure it's uglier than ACORN ever conceived of being.

Back to mesue's original question: Why does no one care about this? I really can't answer that question too well, but I still really don't care. Maybe it's because I accept that there are a-holes everywhere, and I'm reasonably confident that when they're found out they're dealt with properly (you know, like when ACORN fires these people and reports to the FEC irregularities).

edit: I think maybe another reason I don't care is that so many people want to use ACORN to justify to themselves that there's no WAY that Obama REALLY won the election...it's all because of ACORN voter fraud. Of course, that's an absolutely ridiculous assertion, but it brings those people to caring way too much about this stuff. So maybe if I don't care at all, we'll average out to about the right amount of vaguely passing concern.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Wanna do an expose' on the private contractors Republicans have allocated money to over the past decade? I'm pretty sure it's uglier than ACORN ever conceived of being.

Back to mesue's original question: Why does no one care about this? I really can't answer that question too well, but I still really don't care. Maybe it's because I accept that there are a-holes everywhere, and I'm reasonably confident that when they're found out they're dealt with properly (you know, like when ACORN fires these people and reports to the FEC irregularities).

edit: I think maybe another reason I don't care is that so many people want to use ACORN to justify to themselves that there's no WAY that Obama REALLY won the election...it's all because of ACORN voter fraud. Of course, that's an absolutely ridiculous assertion, but it brings those people to caring way too much about this stuff. So maybe if I don't care at all, we'll average out to about the right amount of vaguely passing concern.
    Why do you bring up doing an expose' on the private contractors Republicans have allocated money to over the past decade?

I thought we were discussing ACORN here! That's rhetorical because we all know that when Liberals are caught doing something they always try to imply that others do the same thing. YAWN!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information