Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Flipped!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    nope i didnt, but there was an obvious notice in refreshing the main index page from a few members to adding to those who went to the showing..... (just about) all at once. despite what rez thinks, no i wasnt obsesively refreshing the who's online page. i refresh the home page to coincidentally notice a sudden influx of members who all said they'd be at the primere turned up "online".

look at this ass following me around posting #%$^ about me.... OMG - rez will just find some reason to blame me. thats soo sad and pathetic. yeah, "woodstain" really shows intellegence. same $%##, different day! but as long as woodstock is someone's punchin bag, who the $%^$ cares, right rez????

OMG - good bye for this thread. MJ, sorry this wasnt producive, i really had an interest of this topic. glad you had a good turn out, but certain ppl on this site wont let me be a sincere person.

I'm not blaming you for anything woodstock. I would like you to respect the word filters we setup so that vulgarity is not introduced into the boards. There might be politically active children reading this board and they get enough of that vulgarity on the streets. I understand that stevenco tries to push peoples buttons and thats why there's an ignore button.

It was productive until you started to critisized what time people were posting how the preview was.

sample one:

wow, how long was the documentary whereas it took until 01:02 AM (technically, the next day) for rez to post the film was worth going to?
    sample two:

thank you WCP for a better follow-up than (even) the admin of this site could give since HE went. i had to work, but the interest of this was still one i had. thanks SU for the follow-up & after it was asked @ 12:28 AM.
    samples three:

note my time of posting 12:28 AM (many hours after) ..... that being said, will there be a thirty hour delay in letting ppl know how the "flipped" primere went? OMG, i thought "as least" six SU members went
    Now can't you just be glad Michelle is taking an active roll in the community versus critisizing what time people posted how they liked the preview.

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    When did you start this job and congrates on the job. It still doesn't give you the right to critisize what time people are posting about an event.
    i didnt critisize anything - i posted on recognizing the influx of SU members who all said they'd be attending the showing, coming at once on the boards..it seems .... there was no critiquing, just a "coinsidental" noticing. my bad for thinking either the showing ran (very) late of as ragin said "i got in late" to suggest otherwise.

what does the job matter? when you will just find some reason or another to blame me for what someone else did, like you always do at some point.

TimeOut Chair
    I'm not blaming you for anything woodstock. I would like you to respect the word filters we setup so that vulgarity is not introduced into the boards. There might be politically active children reading this board and they get enough of that vulgarity on the streets. I understand that stevenco tries to push peoples buttons and thats why there's an ignore button.

It was productive until you started to critisized what time people were posting how the preview was.

sample one:

sample two:

samples three:

Now can't you just be glad Michelle is taking an active roll in the community versus critisizing what time people posted how they liked the preview.
    my bad, its isnt my message board where a "time stamp" appears above the members' ID. plus, is it that bad to refresh the main index page and "poof" some of the same ppl admitting to going to the showing suddenly appear as logged into the site.... not by viewing "who's online" but by the listing on the main index page.... still i knew you'd have a problem with me one way or another.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have no problem with you expect you are purposily bypassing the vulgar language filters. Learn how to use the ignore button with the people who aggravate you.

TimeOut Chair
    I have no problem with you expect you are purposily bypassing the vulgar language filters. Learn how to use the ignore button with the people who aggravate you.
    just cuz he has a fixation on pushing buttons doesnt/shouldnt make it my problem....and you shouldnt be downing me for it. i told you i dont liked being backed against a wall. and if someone pushes, im going to push back, rez i would sacrifice being banned but i know i will have stood up for myself in the process.

rez, you know this about me, if he has a fixation on pushing buttons - maybe he should just go buy a new doorbell and leave me alone. i did what you said and ignored/avoided him.... and he came at me.

oh, and if you really had a concern for how others read this site, you'd have put an end to the crap when i told you a year ago to get ppl off my ass.

Unregistered
    I'm sorry to interupt you two, but I'd like to say something.

Woodstock ..

We are not chldren. We don't have curfews anymore.

You're carrying on like we did something wrong.

I almost feel that you're trying to place us on the naughty mat.

TimeOut Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer
    I'm sorry to interupt you two, but I'd like to say something.

Woodstock ..

We are not chldren. We don't have curfews anymore.

You're carrying on like we did something wrong.

I almost feel that you're trying to place us on the naughty mat.
    i did NOT say there was anything wrong with anything. all i said was "poof" suddenly all the ppl who said they were going to the showing suddenly appeared online all (it seems) at the same time from refreshing the main index page. my *** bad for seeing something. i only really wondered how long the doc was. who cares if ppl went out afterwards? my bad, as always.

but, yeah, we're all adults.... "Woodstain" ....proves that point very well.

Michelle did a great job with this documentary. It was different than something you'd see on PBS. It was down to earth, very blunt and even "bleeped" out a comment she made. I think it did an awesome job of showing the reality of it.

I only hope that good things come from this! Tearing down the houses that are beyond repair is a good start. The rest of the housing stock, that still has potential, could go to those willing to fix it up. I wish the City would provide incentives to those willing to invest in those houses (and live there of course.)

Providing incentives for those to stay in their homes would also be a way to promote city housing stock too. Alot of people get disgusted with their neighborhood, stop caring about where they live and go to the burbs to buy vanilla bland. Unfortunately, I know all too many folk who have done this.

I guess that's all another point for another discussion.

Regardless, GOOD JOB MICHELE! You are an amazing woman.

Congrats to Michelle and company. BTW--This whole "who came in when and didn't post a review right away" conversation is ridiculous. Hope you all had a good time, no need to explain your whereabouts to anyone.

Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough money to perform all the demolitions that need to happen. The state is sending $10 million, but it will take $200 million to get rid of them all.

It's a big issue that needs to be attacked from multiple angles - legislative to neighborhood. Shedding some light on the practice is a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse
    Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough money to perform all the demolitions that need to happen. The state is sending $10 million, but it will take $200 million to get rid of them all.

It's a big issue that needs to be attacked from multiple angles - legislative to neighborhood. Shedding some light on the practice is a great start.
    Thanks Solar for getting this thread back on track! No easy solutions to prevent flipping, but some good ideas to help curtail it (i.e. performance bonds required for out-of-town buyers or mandatory pre-transfer inspections). Thank you Michele for creating awareness- Now lets get the rules changed before nieghborhoods slip beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse

I talked w/David Fronzak about the 10 million for demolition, where it came from and how the City could get more...he told me that the money was set aside out of a federal block grant that went through the state and doled out to counties...he said that he has been in touch w/Schumer and Slaughter and they (allegedly) are trying to come up with more...he said the City needs 40 million to demolish the 3,000 additional properties that need demolition.

Although, some people don't have a lot of faith in Fronzak.
    Last edited by buffy; June 9th, 2006 at 09:16 AM.

Thank you all so much for your support

I am so proud of this film and the discussions that followed, My hope is that everyone will continue to talk about it, Until we can stop it from happening anymore.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information