Thread: Stokes, BERC and Brown - The Waters are Getting Murkier

Stokes, BERC and Brown - The Waters are Getting Murkier

Alfonzo Harvin, who was the city laborer that stole 667 handicapped parking tickets and sold one to Stokes, may blow the scandal wide open.

He and Blondine Harvin (owner of record) are owners of Gigi's restaurant. They received $190,000 from BERC to improve their restaurant. Coincidence? Maybe.

But that's not all, it is being rumored that although he was fired from his "city" position, he is supposedly working for the Buffalo Sewer Authority, which is controlled by the mayor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    has anyone ever gotten fired from a government job in Erie County and actually got fired?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    has anyone ever gotten fired from a government job in Erie County and actually got fired?

That's a great question. I'm scared to know the real answer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well fired from the "government" system. It's a joke isn't it. One department to another even if fired?

That would make for an EXCELLENT buffalo news story. I'd pay 2 bucks to read that in the sunday paper.

A list of every person who has been fired in erie county "governments". I mean amherst, lancaster, cheektowaga etc... AND once fire did they stay away or just get rehired some where else for us. Didn't someone get fired from the erie county water authority but now is working for cheektowaga?

OK my head is spinning

I am glad these elections only happen every four years. I listened to the Kevin Harwick radio show and think that maybe Mr. Kearns might be the better choice. I still am concerned for my auntie but it seems there are a lot of hidden things going on. Our Council on the Catt Rez can go after the business owner that gave the $16,000 to Mr. Kearns but I am so confused with all the runaround with all the news storys. You guys are great with your going back and forth and argueing about all this but please let Marine Drive stay so my auntie can be staying there. I know that one person is saying it should be torn down and that Joe guy is saying it will be a condo or coop or something but I think its a good thing right now. It is all confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    I am glad these elections only happen every four years. I listened to the Kevin Harwick radio show and think that maybe Mr. Kearns might be the better choice. I still am concerned for my auntie but it seems there are a lot of hidden things going on. Our Council on the Catt Rez can go after the business owner that gave the $16,000 to Mr. Kearns but I am so confused with all the runaround with all the news storys. You guys are great with your going back and forth and argueing about all this but please let Marine Drive stay so my auntie can be staying there. I know that one person is saying it should be torn down and that Joe guy is saying it will be a condo or coop or something but I think its a good thing right now. It is all confusing.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the apartments, Kearns has already stated he's against it and the council would have to approve the sale no matter who's mayor. The way it stands now, I can't see anyone going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well fired from the "government" system. It's a joke isn't it. One department to another even if fired?

That would make for an EXCELLENT buffalo news story. I'd pay 2 bucks to read that in the sunday paper.

A list of every person who has been fired in erie county "governments". I mean amherst, lancaster, cheektowaga etc... AND once fire did they stay away or just get rehired some where else for us. Didn't someone get fired from the erie county water authority but now is working for cheektowaga?
    I believe that would be the current chairman of the Town Democratic Party, I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the apartments, Kearns has already stated he's against it and the council would have to approve the sale no matter who's mayor. The way it stands now, I can't see anyone going for it.
    Thank you. I hope your right! Who owns the apartments anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Thank you. I hope your right! Who owns the apartments anyway?
    BMHA, but there has been some issues, the city, under Masiello believed, it did The argument was due to the $22 million windfall, if it were to be sold.

Thread Information