Thread: Amherst Highway Department Workers.

Amherst Highway Department Workers.

Soooooo, y'all prolly clicked here to find some scathing indictment of slacking laborers parked at a coffee shoppe for hours during work time. Sorry, that ain't what this is about. I'm actually gonna say moderately good stuff about the dudes that milled & resurfaced my street over the past coupla weeks.

I do not have a clue of the technical necessities of fixin' up a deteriorating street. But as I happened to have some time on my hands, I perched myself upon my front porch and watched as Amherst Highway guys made my street new again. As I watched I found them to be laborious, proficient, neat and effective. They seemed to know what they were doing at all times. I did not see them waste time or cause unnecessary disruption. From a planning & management perspective, I was quite impressed with the undelayed stream of arriving & waiting dump trucks to haul away debris and supply new material.

Thanks guys!

Maybe if you have some time. you could send a letter to the TB. They seem to only hear the negative things about a small minority of workers, but alas that is what people want. On another note, thank SM & SS for pushing the merging the lighting districts. I viewed my 2008 vs 2009 rate & it went up $55 (more than it would cost to properly fund the Town's General Fund)

Something tells me that the Citizens Review Committee that was set up by Mohan to study all departments in the town of Amherst came to similar conclusions. That is why the results of their findings were never released...because they didn't fit into Mohan's mantra that town employees are corrupt.

So nice to hear something good about Amherst employees. My impression has always been that most of them are conscientious workers and good at what they do. Good job, guys!

Thread Information