Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There are those that talk the talk

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    4248 - There were a lot of other issues in the lawsuit related to games that the Town plays to get more money out of our pockets and those matters were not dismissed. You are too obsessed with the downsizing issue. The downsizing won't save us money; it's just a vehicle for Kevin Gaughan to get a job. Who is paying him to run all these downsizing campaigns? hmm? Look at Piotrowski's budget - look at the high salaries for his secretary, etc. If you want to save the taxpayers money, join the protest against the budget and the system. That's what Dan Warren is all about; he's not trying to save his friend's job or whatever ridiculous accusation you made. You take up too much of everyone's time with your rants....you should look at the facts.
    4828's obsessed?????

DT's the one filing lawsuits to hold it back.......

All that bitching from 4248... the same person that wanted to keep a corrupt mayor in office so he could keep his job.

Does he have any credibility left on this board?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

As I said

Good for him, Mr.DTwarren wasn't being totally open with his law suit. It did cost taxpayers and it would have stalled the downsizing. Thats what I stated and thats what I spoke on.

Maybe he could have exchange that information sooner. Others and I might have jumped on board for the other issues. The only one brought to lite was the downsizing.

I don't apologize for my comments. I don't care what Party he belongs to or doesn't belong too.

I am for downsizing, the Voters seem to be - so do better or get out of the way.

Thanks for your observations.

PS - Douglas, if I had cred with you - then I would worry!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

If you look, and I understand this may be a strain for you, at the very first post above a copy of the complaint is attached and that was posted on September 12, 2009 which is before any media even reported on it. Perhaps you should be a little more transparent in your motives.

Secondly this lawsuit will not cost the town any more money than they would have spent in the absence of the single cause of action you don't like. That too is explained above.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Please

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    If you look, and I understand this may be a strain for you, at the very first post above a copy of the complaint is attached and that was posted on September 12, 2009 which is before any media even reported on it. Perhaps you should be a little more transparent in your motives.

Please I am totally "Transparent" - I understand your used to dealing with people with multiple agendas - I had but one. It was stated from the moment I commented. Don't make this personal. I didn't attack you, I was against your trying to stall what taxpayers voted for.

Again, instead of you being "Transparent" you use vague double talk:
    Example:
    "Secondly this lawsuit will not cost the town any more money than they would have spent in the absence of the single cause of action you don't like."

Anyone can clearly see your still dancing. Facts are facts, the sooner "Politically Motivated Lawyer types" learn that the better off this Country will be.

You probably think Bill Clinton was honest too, he said "I didn't have sex with that women." in his legal mind "she had sex on him."

End of my interest in your law suit.
    Good Day!

Here are the facts that you refuse to admit. The Town of West Seneca has a town attorney who is paid an annual salary regardless of whether he has one case or one hundred one cases. Except in extreme and limited cases are town officers permitted or authorized to retain their own private counsel and taxpayer expense. The purported hiring of Mr. Lorigo by the Town Clerk did not fall into any of those extreme and limited cases and any request for payment will be fought.

Either you are ignorant of the above or are intentionally ignoring the above. Which is it?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I'm willing to cut 4248 some slack as just not knowing the facts. Lorigo has made enough money off the taxpayers of West Seneca. It's more of the same friends and family network in West Seneca. That won't change with the downsizing; it will just make it easier for those in power to do what they want without being exposed by their opponents on the Town Board. Local taxes are STRANGLING this region - so much time has been wasted on downsizing, look at the 2010 Budget, it amounted to pennies. That budget should be cut by at least 10% - the first place I would start is the Senior Center, eliminate it. Then the ice rink, sell it. These are not businesses that the town should be in or needs to be in. Who cares about the downsizing - in terms of taxes, it amounted to nothing.

Question I guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    I'm willing to cut 4248 some slack as just not knowing the facts. Lorigo has made enough money off the taxpayers of West Seneca.
    Mr.Lorigo is just another Party Player - where ever Dems and Conservatives meet - he gets paid.

It's more of the same friends and family network in West Seneca. That won't change with the downsizing; it will just make it easier for those in power to do what they want without being exposed by their opponents on the Town Board. Local taxes are STRANGLING this region - so much time has been wasted on downsizing, look at the 2010 Budget, it amounted to pennies. That budget should be cut by at least 10% - the first place I would start is the Senior Center, eliminate it. Then the ice rink, sell it. These are not businesses that the town should be in or needs to be in. Who cares about the downsizing - in terms of taxes, it amounted to nothing. Why don't you put that statement in a campaign statement - take it door to door and see who votes for you
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DTwarren says, "The Town already pays a attorney - so if I sue the Town it doesn't cost Taxpayers any money." Good try, but untrue!

Your logic shows just how much you respect taxpayers and their money. You brought suit to alter or stall the implementation of downsizing the West Seneca Town Board. You were suing the Town - you were fighting for your own Political Agenda.

Do better or get out of the way!
    Downsizing is working, its real and Voters/Taxpayers from all Parties Agree.
    Quit trying to protect our over blown Local Government.

The fact that Voters/Taxpayers from all Parties are starting to Vote for whats right, regardless of Party Affiliations - Is that what scares you?

Last point

Here are the facts that you refuse to admit. The Town of West Seneca has a town attorney who is paid an annual salary regardless of whether he has one case or one hundred one cases. Except in extreme and limited cases are town officers permitted or authorized to retain their own private counsel and taxpayer expense. The purported hiring of Mr. Lorigo by the Town Clerk did not fall into any of those extreme and limited cases and any request for payment will be fought.

Either you are ignorant of the above or are intentionally ignoring the above. Which is it?

pur⋅port⋅ed
    reputed or claimed; alleged:

Also please try not to be so insulting ! No, I am no slick mouthed "Political Activist Lawyer" like you - but I can tell the difference between "Reality" and "Political Actuality"

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DTwarren says, "The Town already pays a attorney - so if I sue the Town it doesn't cost Taxpayers any money." Good try, but untrue!

Your logic shows just how much you respect taxpayers and their money. You brought suit to alter or stall the implementation of downsizing the West Seneca Town Board. You were suing the Town - you were fighting for your own Political Agenda.

Do better or get out of the way!
    Downsizing is working, its real and Voters/Taxpayers from all Parties Agree.
    Quit trying to protect our over blown Local Government.

The fact that Voters/Taxpayers from all Parties are starting to Vote for whats right, regardless of Party Affiliations - Is that what scares you?

Please quantify the cost of the town attorney directly attributed to this action that would not have been paid if this action was not commenced.

Sir,

Please quantify the cost of the town attorney directly attributed to this action that would not have been paid if this action was not commenced.
    Your actions are yours - as mine are mine.
    My issue has been settled, Thank You!

I don't wish to put you or anyone else who tries to bring about Governmental Reform in a bad light.

I am glad the Downsizing issue was settled. I hope your other efforts succeed, from what I read and have been told - they will benefit West Seneca's Taxpayers.

Thank You!
    Good Luck.

Sorry, but the real problems lie at the county-state-federal level.

Until we stand up like these towns are doing---stand up as a community against scum bag politicians like Stachowski and Thompson---and get them the hell out of office--- until we do that, we are really doing nothing but putting a quick bandage on the problem.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

The remaining causes of action challenge acts by the State, County, and Town level on unlawfully paying wages to employees holding provisional appointments in excess of the 9 month limitation in the the Civil Service Law; compelling the Erie County Citizens Budget Review Committee to carry out its functions and duties as required by the County Charter an lastly challenging the Town practice of making payments to elected and appointed town officers not covered by a collective bargaining agreement in lieu of them taking the health insurance offered by the town.

Suggestion

Maybe you Mr.DTWarren can take a copy of your lawsuit and visit with Mr.Gaughn. I see total merit in the remaining suit youve outlined.

West Seneca is not alone in these abuses of rules and tax dollars. Lancaster has people who are elected, work ten hours a month and recieve tax funded pensions, healthcare and the buys youve mentioned. Some from more than one employer.

I agree in part also with Mr.Keyboard - its a Town, City, County and State epidemic of gouging the tax payers.

Lets pool our resourses and stop the bleeding.

These numbers are low - 2005
    Elected Officials:
    Salary Health Care BenefitsPension ContributionTotal Cost of Elected Official
    Supervisor$72,000$4,000$2,1601158)">$78,160
    Councilmember$17,000$10,680$01159)">$27,680
    Councilmember$17,000$4,000$01160)">$21,000
    Councilmember$17,000$4,000$01161)">$21,000
    Councilmember$17,000$4,000$01162)">$21,000
    Town Clerk 1$67,000$4,000$1,8601163)">$72,860
    Hwy Superintendent$61,000$4,000$1,8301164)">$66,830
    Town Justice$36,000$4,000$1,0801165)">$41,080
    Town Justice$36,000$10,680$1,0801166)">$47,760
    Total:$304,000$49,3601165)">$6,930$397,370

Lightbulb Numbers update 2010 - more reasons for downsizing.

Maybe you Mr.DTWarren can take a copy of your lawsuit and visit with Mr.Gaughn. I see total merit in the remaining suit youve outlined.

West Seneca is not alone in these abuses of rules and tax dollars. Lancaster has people who are elected, work ten hours a month and recieve tax funded pensions, healthcare and the buys youve mentioned. Some from more than one employer.

I agree in part also with Mr.Keyboard - its a Town, City, County and State epidemic of gouging the tax payers.

Lets pool our resourses and stop the bleeding.

The Lancaster Supervisors combined salary as Supervisor and Budget Officer is scheduled to to be $80,354 in 2010.

Some of the other scheduled salaries for 2010 may be of interest to taxpayers.

The Town Clerk wearing four hats is scheduled to receive $79,801.00

The Superintendent of Highways - $73,224.00

The Police Chief - $104,371.00

Police Officers - Captains (2) - $87,248.00

Lieutenants (7) - $76,379.00

Detective Lieutenant (1) - $77,714.00

Detectives (7)- $69,183.00

D.A.R.E Officer (1) $69,183.00

School Resource Officer (2) - $69,183.00 + overtime ??

Patrol Officers (29)$65,359.00 (we do appreciate you guys and gals)

Director of Administration & Finance - $78,820.00(Lancaster's unrecognized shell game wizard)

Town Assessor - $66,793.00 (soon to be increased $10,000.00 by West Seneca tax payers)

Park & Recreation General Crew Chief $65,426.00(Lancaster's Dem Committee Party Boss)

Code Enforcement Officer - $63,903.00 (+$7,000.00 for Village work)

Laborers in the highway and Parks department make near $50,000.00 + No-Cop Pay health Care!

Clerks/Clerk Typists earn the least - $40,017.00 ($19.23 per hour)+ tax funded benefits.

Not too shabby. Now throw in longevity pay, free health care premiums, stipends, no or low contributions toward retirement and it becomes more than the average taxpayer can hope for in his line of work.

And this Does not include any Parks Workers tax funded benefits or pensions , Highway Workers or Road Programs,
    Does not include Senior Center or tax funded events or

any other Town tax funded programs or and events!

Nov 03 Election day, a Vote for those in Office
    tells them you believe you can pay more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information