Thread: Lancaster Chief of Police

Lancaster Chief of Police

Is it true that the Chief of Police in Lancaster is retiring?

Lightbulb Rumored for a while

I believe he will hand down the torch. It appears that his son is doing well in the Department also.

At least under Chief Stoldz we have seen our Department mature. It doesn't appear that the newer Officers are as Politically Bound as the Department was prior to his appointment.

Perhaps the new Officers and Young Stoldz can keep it that way. Patronage and Political interference has no place within our law enforcement Department. Good job Chief, may you enjoy a long and healthy retirement.

I heard the "New" Town Judge is actually quite interested in doing right by our youth. He seems truly involved in helping steer them onto the right path.

I talked to a teenager about a month ago - he had a scrape with drugs - he said, "Judge Montour actually got involved."

It made all the difference with this case. Bravo!

Retain Richard Reese - Lancaster Highway Superintendent.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

thanx 4248

Was just curious....

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

I talked to a teenager about a month ago - he had a scrape with drugs - he said, "Judge Montour actually got involved."

It made all the difference with this case. Bravo!
    Look at you, getting soft in your old age - saying nice things about Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    He had no choice on this one. Montour was a class act on the Town Board as well. Some of us told him that at his final Town Board meeting.

Then again, 4248 is supporting Reese who is a Democrat, but really only by Party affiliation. Reese is truly apolitical and would like to keep politics out of his life, but the dirty game of politics just sucks anyone in who needs to be elected. Speaking of dirty politics, Reese learned the hard why that if you don't play ball you get the bat shoved up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    He had no choice on this one. Montour was a class act on the Town Board as well. Some of us told him that at his final Town Board meeting.

Then again, 4248 is supporting Reese who is a Democrat, but really only by Party affiliation. Reese is truly apolitical and would like to keep politics out of his life, but the dirty game of politics just sucks anyone in who needs to be elected. Speaking of dirty politics, Reese learned the hard why that if you don't play ball you get the bat shoved up your ass.
    I finally had the pleasure of meeting with Richard yesterday and can tell you he is a class act. It was very clear Rich is only interested in doing a great job for residents. Too bad others that work for us do not feel the same way.

Exclamation I say what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Personally, I did ride Mr.Montour when he was on the Town Board. He was always talking about our youth and the need for positive intervention. I shared those ideals and welcomed his commitment.

I rode him because, I knew they would as always refuse my "Republican" input. So I pushed him, believing he was probably the only one of them sincere enough to follow through.

The rest of them, usually sit in on Boards and Committees just to take credit for its actions. Or for the stipends they pretend they don't get.

Anyway - I have always - Quietly supported a few Democrats I believe in. I was a Democrat until I met Supervisor Giza (1985) and some L.D.Committee Members.

My whole family is Dem - my wifes family is Cheektowaga Dem.

I hate what Lancaster's Democratic Committee has become - they believe they are the entitled ones - their parents built a strong Democratic Committee - the "New Boys" have turned it into a Developer Support System of Patronage and Entitlement.

I have said many, many times - I don't believe the average Democratic Voter truly knows what their Lancaster Committee is doing.

They gets mailers and assume its from the Democratic Party - they look like they are - some of them even have directions as to what levers to pull.

When our Grand Parents and Parents were involved - you could assume it was your party - now theres all these slick people in the Committee.

Primary Day Sept.15 Democrats - PLEASE - vote to retain
    Lancaster Highway Superintendent Richard Reese -
    12 years of Service to Lancaster's Taxpayers.

So 4248, you became a Republican based on how undeserving the Democratic Party had become. Yes, that gave you an opportunity to vote in a primary. I never felt comfortable enough affiliating with any major Party and especially in today's world where the minority Parties have become whores for the major Parties, as you well know.

I am still waiting for a true independent Party. When one is in the works, the Board of Elections and/or the major Parties challenge and have disqualified any petitions submitted by said Party. If the established Parties aren't smart enough to endorse a worthy/qualified candidate, I move on to a different choice. And, unlike those who return to office incumbents 97% of the time, I tend to vote against those same career politicians that have screwed our state and local governments for decades. Voting along Party line in this day and age is abhorrent/insane to all blanks and most Independents.

BTW -If the police chief retires it's probably because he could no longer wait for his new police facility. He has to be disgusted waiting 6+ years for the Walden Avenue White Elephant facility to be refurbished.

He had no choice on this one. Montour was a class act on the Town Board as well. .
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Ahh ha

So 4248, you became a Republican based on how undeserving the Democratic Party had become. Yes, that gave you an opportunity to vote in a primary. I never felt comfortable enough affiliating with any major Party and especially in today's world where the minority Parties have become whores for the major Parties, as you well know.

I am still waiting for a true independent Party. When one is in the works, the Board of Elections and/or the major Parties challenge and have disqualified any petitions submitted by said Party. If the established Parties aren't smart enough to endorse a worthy/qualified candidate, I move on to a different choice. And, unlike those who return to office incumbents 97% of the time, I tend to vote against those same career politicians that have screwed our state and local governments for decades. Voting along Party line in this day and age is abhorrent/insane to all blanks and most Independents.

BTW -If the police chief retires it's probably because he could no longer wait for his new police facility. He has to be disgusted waiting 6+ years for the Walden Avenue White Elephant facility to be refurbished.
    that's right Lee, what about that dastardly facility? Well it appears that the Chief of Police is a nice person. That's what I like to hear. Small things are great!!

Wow! Wonder if Chowaniec's gonna here about this stuff next time he goes to a town board meeting. Everybody's saying nice things about the chief. To keep with the spirit, I hope he doesn't retire. He's an interesting dude.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Is it true that the Chief of Police in Lancaster is retiring?
    Actually, no, he is not retiring any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Actually, no, he is not retiring any time soon.
    That's a fact! Sopke with the Chief at the Town Board meeting last night and he confirmed his health is good and that he has no intention of retiring in the near future. Now if the town could only get him a police facility so that he could get out of that dump on Pavement Road.

Hey Wag, the police chief thinks your an interesting dude as well. And Wag, we are both in serious trouble. The town has now alloted him two bullets.

Cool

I am glad to hear all is well for him. As far as the new Police building - get the Cole Craft elephant fixed up and move them in.

Now one last thought - I am glad its wag he finds interesting - from what I hear he wont need both bullets

Had a vary brief conversation with one of the younger Officers - nice person - good attitude and pleasant exchange. It seems leadership does truly affect the work force. Thanks

Thread Information