Thread: If This Is True

If This Is True

If this is true, the protests are justified. Sources are linked on the actual website

Shelby Lawson is a student at the University of Kansas, majoring in Journalism and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Lawson posted the following to her Facebook page:

"“Alright y’all. I’d like to clear a few things up. This is a general address to the long list of misconceptions and inconsistencies and abuses of power that exist surrounding the killing of Mike Brown. I have researched these points and provided sources in case you wish to do some reading of your own.

-The most common misconception I’m hearing is that Mike Brown was significantly larger than Officer Wilson. This is incorrect. On page 198 of the official grand jury transcript, you can see that Officer Wilson testifies he is 6 ft 4 and weighs 210 lbs, the same size as Mike Brown."

-The most common misconception I’m hearing is that Mike Brown was significantly larger than Officer Wilson. This is incorrect. On page 198 of the official grand jury transcript, you can see that Officer Wilson testifies he is 6 ft 4 and weighs 210 lbs, the same size as Mike Brown.

-Mike Brown was NOT stopped because he was a suspect in crime. He and his friend Dorian Johnson were stopped for jaywalking, as Darren Wilson testifies to on page 208 of his grand jury testimony.

-Mike Brown WAS fleeing from Officer Wilson when he was fatally shot. Wilson confirms this on page 281 of his grand jury testimony.

-Officer Wilson broke police self-defense protocol, which teaches to disarm and incapacitate rather than kill and teaches officers to go for body shots. Officer Wilson shot Mike Brown twice in the head, after he shot him four times in his arm and torso.

-Ferguson Police ignored protocol and refused to interview or take a statement from the eyewitness present from Officer Wilson’s initial contact with Mike Brown until his death.

-The forensic examiner broke protocol by failing to take crime scene photos. On page 95 of the grand jury transcript, she claims that this was because her camera had died, however, she goes on to describe how she immediately followed Wilson to the hospital in order to photograph his “injuries.”

-Forensic investigators broke protocol by failing to test Officer Wilson’s gun for fingerprints, since Wilson claims that Brown grabbed his gun and caused it to misfire. Page 39, grand jury transcript.

-Darren Wilson was then allowed to break protocol by washing the blood off of himself before it could be photographed, making it impossible to analyze blood spatter patterns and determine what position Mike Brown was in when Wilson first shot him. Wilson recounts this on page 10 of his official police interview.

-While Officer Wilson’s story of what happened that day has changed at least three times, six separate eyewitnesses, four of whom have never met each other, all have identical accounts of what happened. They were never interviewed by police.

-These eyewitnesses all agree that Darren Wilson was the aggressor and that Mike Brown was shot while surrendering, with his hands in the air and that his last words were “I don’t have a gun. Stop shooting.”

-This is backed up by Mike Brown’s autopsy, which suggests that Mike Brown would have had to be in the hands-up position for the bullets to enter his hand and arm the way they did.

-Furthermore, in a press conference, the coroner who performed Mike Brown’s autopsy relays that there was no trace of gun shot residue anywhere on his body, proving that Wilson’s claim that Mike Brown grabbed his gun, causing it to misfire, is impossible and untrue.

-Ferguson Police lied about the distance Mike Brown was from Officer Wilson when he was killed. They reported it was 35 ft. but it was in fact 148 ft.

-Owner of Ferguson Market states that he did not call police to report a theft of cigars, that the theft had nothing to do with Mike Brown, and that the man on the security footage is not Mike Brown.

-The prosecuting attorney for the case against Darren Wilson has helped raise $600,000 in donations for Darren Wilson, creating a clear conflict of interest.

-The police department that Officer Wilson worked for prior to coming to Ferguson was disbanded after multiple instances of racial profiling.”

http://kansasexposed.org/2014/11/29/...st-mike-brown/
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

If this is true,(and it is because it is based on the credible evidence presented to the grand jury), then the shooting of Michael Brown was justified and the protesters are idiots to protest in support of a criminal who died because he was committing an assault on a police officer

1. Brown had just committed a crime in a convenience store.

2. Brown's description was broadcast and Wilson heard the broadcast.

3. Brown attacked Wilson while Wilson was in his car and Brown tried to get Wilson's gun

4. When Wilson fired at Brown in self defense, Brown fled the scene of the crime.

5. When Wilson caught up with Brown, Brown again attacked Wilson resulting in Brown's death.

The harping on the size is hilarious. I don't care how big the difference, a police officer shouldn't be expected to engage in a wrestling match with an attacking felon. You try to physically contact as police officer you best expect to get shot.

The size thing made no sense to me either but doesn't your post contradict what she writes and cited from the grand jury report?
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    If this is true,(and it is because it is based on the credible evidence presented to the grand jury), then the shooting of Michael Brown was justified and the protesters are idiots to protest in support of a criminal who died because he was committing an assault on a police officer

1. Brown had just committed a crime in a convenience store.

2. Brown's description was broadcast and Wilson heard the broadcast.

3. Brown attacked Wilson while Wilson was in his car and Brown tried to get Wilson's gun

4. When Wilson fired at Brown in self defense, Brown fled the scene of the crime.

5. When Wilson caught up with Brown, Brown again attacked Wilson resulting in Brown's death.

The harping on the size is hilarious. I don't care how big the difference, a police officer shouldn't be expected to engage in a wrestling match with an attacking felon. You try to physically contact as police officer you best expect to get shot.
    If memory serves in many jurisdictions I believe you can use deadly force to prevent flight of perpetrator depending on the crime. If this is the case then Wilson would have been justified in shooting Brown even if he were fleeing.
    In NY you can use deadly force to stop escape from armed robbery, rape, murder, arson with fatality. If I am not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The size thing made no sense to me either but doesn't your post contradict what she writes and cited from the grand jury report?
    Yes it does contradict her attempt to depict the stop as one for "jay walking" because that is not what Wilson testified. She outright lied to you.

Wilson testified that the Brown and Johnson were walking in the middle of the street toward his car as he headed west on the street (Brown and Johnson were walking east.). When they reached his car he simply asked them to walk on the sidewalk - he did not stop them for "jaywalking"

Brown responded with an angry vulgar out-of-context response that caused Wilson to be concerned about Brown and his companion, just as anyone would be given their reaction. That's when he noticed the cigarillos in Brown's hand, and Brown's matching description of the suspects in the store robbery. They walked away from his car. He backed up to get in front them to stop them to question them about the robbery - not for jay walking.

That's when Brown became violent and attacked Wilson.

She outright lied. Her depiction of what happened is no more credible then the witnesses who claimed Wilson shot Brown in the back of the head as Brown was on his knees. Total BS.

You can read Wilson's testimony at this link - no mention whatsoever of stopping the suspects for "jay walking." He didn't even stop them for walking in the middle of the street, as they were passing his car he merely asked them to walk on the sidewalk.

Had she actually read the transcript of the testimony of Wilson she would have know that he did not attempt to stop them for "jay walking" but like most of the fools supporting felon Michael Brown, facts are irrelevant to them.

The protests against police brutality in this country are justified. the person their using to portray such brutality is a total fail
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Mike Brown did not weigh 210, so they were not the same size and the very first point quoted is wrong
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Stopped taking serious after - Student + Journalism and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies + Posted to Facebook.

Come on....

You know what the biggest problem with this situation is? It's that people backed the wrong case.

THERE IS A RACIAL PROBLEM IN THE US. There is no denying it and the problem lies on both sides. But it exists nonetheless. The challenge is when people use the case of a thug as a keystone to something greater and build that foundation around known race baiters backed by tainted media....the majority of people tune out.

The majority of the US never concerned themselves with #ferguson. The idiots that talked about #ferguson, ad nausim when it was popular to do so, salted the soil so to speak. People are now going to tune out honest conversations about race for a long time because of this. Why you ask? Simple. When you clearly try to make something it's not and paint that as a racist moment...people who see it for what it is also feel the sting of being called a racists...and the passive recourse is to tune out.

This conversation needs real leaders. MLK was. The challenge was MLK was about solving the problem...not getting power from it. From Barry in the White House to Al on CNBC...leaders do not exist.

Cops kill more people every year than sharks do - Just sayin !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    That's because we don't pay police to arrest sharks. We pay them to do risk their lives doing this:

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    More Americans than Ebola and more than Isis combined
    HipKat's Blog

You or a loved one has a higher risk of being killed by a police officer than in any other instance.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    You or a loved one has a higher risk of being killed by a police officer than in any other instance.
    Where is this statistic listed?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Back that up with some facts.

Lets see - out of way over 2 million LEO's in America - a handful actually "Risk their lives" and that is s seldom event - that justifies the other 1.9 Million and more to act like every day they all need armor - armored vehicles - high powered guns/rifles - machine guns - and so on.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enf..._United_States

Give me a break - yes they have stressful jobs - and they ad to that stress by demanding blind/immediate compliance/surrender - they add to that stress when 90% of those stopped in NYC and frisked committed no crime what so ever and 80 % of them were minorities. (Solodad Obrien).

"Pay Cops like your life depends on it - it does" Quote from a bumper sticker on a Cop Car City of Buffalo, NY

"The United States has been involved in a long list of wars and conflicts that have shaped the evolution of society and law enforcement culture. As Falcone, Wells, & Weisheit’s research establishes, there has been a separation of police models historically between small towns and larger cities. The distinction has also been defined as rural and urban policing models that historically tend to function differently as well as the hierarchal system that supports each.

The militarization of law enforcement both rural and urban has been attributed to the war culture of the United States, whereas some attribute the militarization to the more recent campaigns on drugs and terror.

Though some agree with the historian Charles Beard that the hunger for war culturally that reached a high during the Great Depression, encouraged the militarization of law enforcement, Harwood argues that the creation of SWAT teams and tactical units within law enforcement kick started the consorted effort to militarize civilian police in the 1960s." end quote wiki

This issue is not a one event issue - its not a seldom occurring event - its not the exception to the rules - its become a culture - "I am the Law"

#Anonymous
    Last edited by 4248; December 7th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information