Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browns new TV Spot/commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    This is what I'd like to see:

Attachment 2792

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    So is Brown just insulting the public with his misinformation/omission advertisement or is he insulting the public AND the COB cops?

And in all seriousness with no offense to Kearns, Brown is a shoe-in (sadly enough).
    So why waste campaign funds on a commercial?
    1.: Yes, he tries to insult us all with lies. The budget allows for not a single new police officer in the last 3 years. 650 it was, and 650 it remains.

2.: Kearns doesn't even pretend to have a chance. If he (or anybody) would come out SNARLING, teeth bared, spitting venom against the garbage which is local gov't, he'd at least get some respect and attention. Mickey acts like his mommy just told him to behave. KILL, Mickey, KILL !!

3.: Buying commercial time from the local spews tends to smooth-away potential attacks from the 2-4-7 profit hounds.

4.: Last Republican Mayor was my namesake, elected in 1961. Then he was smeared and attacked until his heart was broken, and died at age 62.

Way before my time (residentially speaking) but I find that very easy to believe. And sad.

As for guns, 5000... were they all illegal or just people getting rid of worthless, but possibly legal, junk?

Jim Griffin was a MAN, nothing like these last two eunuchs. Love him or hate him, you knew where he stood. I was in the single digits for Chet, I remember his name, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Kowal View Post
    1.: Yes, he tries to insult us all with lies. The budget allows for not a single new police officer in the last 3 years. 650 it was, and 650 it remains.

2.: Kearns doesn't even pretend to have a chance. If he (or anybody) would come out SNARLING, teeth bared, spitting venom against the garbage which is local gov't, he'd at least get some respect and attention. Mickey acts like his mommy just told him to behave. KILL, Mickey, KILL !!

3.: Buying commercial time from the local spews tends to smooth-away potential attacks from the 2-4-7 profit hounds.

4.: Last Republican Mayor was my namesake, elected in 1961. Then he was smeared and attacked until his heart was broken, and died at age 62.
    Thanks.

Here's a really nice idealistic unrealistic question: IF the three main news stations in tandem with 'The Buffalo News' wanted to, could they LEGALLY run as many exposes on Brown while increasing the public's awareness of Kearns?

Forget "professionalism" and "conflicts of interest";The "life" of the City Of Buffalo is literally at stake here;This man (Brown) is a walking disaster.

Could the biggest local media outlets in WNY team up and bash (legally) Brown while making Kearns look like a saint?;Could the media go back to being the Fourth Estate?

One other thing: If Brown and his clown posse are being investigated for SO MANY things for which he could NOT hold the officer of mayor in the future-
    WHY is Brown even bothering to run for mayor
    UNLESS
    he "has it on good word"
    that he will NOT be found guilty of ANY "bad" charges from the current corruption investigations going on
    and
    he has NOTHING to worry about regarding scandals we haven't worried about (which are tied directly into everything his people and he (Brown) are currently being investigated for.

Brown MUST have some kind of "inside information" that he has "nothing to worry about" once these investigations are done.

Otherwise, WHY would Brown even BOTHER to run for a second term if he knew there was the slightest chance he'd face a grand jury on all kinds of corruption charges?

Guess its good to have connections in this sad, petty little city all the way to Albany with perhaps a handful of friends in DC. Who knows?
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

It's the Blagojevich syndrome!

How may times did the Governor of Illinois deny wrongdoing before he was unceremoniously toppled from his grand position? Do you see the similarities to Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival View Post
    How may times did the Governor of Illinois deny wrongdoing before he was unceremoniously toppled from his grand position? Do you see the similarities to Brown?
    If Brown's future as Mayor Of Buffalo were in serious jeopardy due to ongoing investigations and more corruption surprises that may come out within the next few weeks-months,
    I just do not understand why Brown would waste his time running knowing that he may eventually have to resign and/or face criminal charges and humiliation (if he's capable of feeling it).

But you're right, Blagojevich stuck in there until the very end.
    MUST be an EGO-HIGH of holding so much power & authority most of us could not begin to imagine what we'd do to keep such power, like compromise nearly everything we are as a human being for a quick buck or other such petty stuff.

Emma Bull

BAFFLE 'EM eith Bull Crap

REMEMBER THIS...the best defense...is OFFENSE!!

You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    If Brown's future as Mayor Of Buffalo were in serious jeopardy due to ongoing investigations and more corruption surprises that may come out within the next few weeks-months,
    I just do not understand why Brown would waste his time running knowing that he may eventually have to resign and/or face criminal charges and humiliation (if he's capable of feeling it).

But you're right, Blagojevich stuck in there until the very end.
    MUST be an EGO-HIGH of holding so much power & authority most of us could not begin to imagine what we'd do to keep such power, like compromise nearly everything we are as a human being for a quick buck or other such petty stuff.
    +++++++++++++

The answer to your last question lies in his future plans- where does he imagine himself to ascend to? Lt. Governor? US Senate? Congress? Whichever it may be it does him no good to admit to anything and step down- look at Ted Kennedy's past (MJ Kopeckne) and see a man of low ethical/moral standards who went on to become America's foremost leaders in the US Senate!

+++++++++++++

The answer to your last question lies in his future plans- where does he imagine himself to ascend to? Lt. Governor? US Senate? Congress? Whichever it may be it does him no good to admit to anything and step down- look at Ted Kennedy's past (MJ Kopeckne) and see a man of low ethical/moral standards who went on to become America's foremost leaders in the US Senate!
    You sir are no Ted Kennedy! I knew Ted Kennedy and you sir are no Ted Kennedy!

Byron compared to Ted Kennedy, now that's a joke! Maybe he's Obama before Obama too.

+++++++++++++

Brown does not have the intellect, creativity or humanity that Ted Kennedy had and his actions SHOWED that he had these traits which Brown has LITTLE of and any clowns who want to call that "racialst," I've also stated that I think Obama is utterly BRILLIANT.

What's with Buffalo's mayors? Griffin, Messyillo and now Brown? Three strikes? Three stooges? Three curses?

IF and I mean IF Brown were to step down (HA!)
    is the Lt. mayor good-competent or decent in any way?
    IS there a Lt. mayor for the COB?
    I do not keep up with local politics.

Emma Bull

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information