Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold, dead hands: Buffalo to seize guns from families following owners' funerals

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I emailed Penn and Teller.
    Lol...and what do you expect them to do...email the Justices on the Supreme Court and tell them they are wrong? Maybe you can get Judge Judy to do the same. I'm sure that after the justices receive emails from the the three comedians they'll issue a sua sponte order modifying the Heller decision to comport with the three stooges views of the Constitution.

I can see the NY Times headline now "Supreme Court magically modifies Heller decision after Penn and Teller email them the correct view of the Constitution"

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
    Do Penn and Teller wake up ever day, check the news to see if Heller has been modified, then utter "Scalia" the way Seinfeld uttered "Newman"?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Lol...and what do you expect them to do...email the Justices on the Supreme Court and tell them they are wrong? Maybe you can get Judge Judy to do the same. I'm sure that after the justices receive emails from the the three comedians they'll issue a sua sponte order modifying the Heller decision to comport with the three stooges views of the Constitution.

I can see the NY Times headline now "Supreme Court magically modifies Heller decision after Penn and Teller email them the correct view of the Constitution"

Perhaps they should... maybe then the supreme court will actually follow it for a change?

"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

19th Century??? You mean the time period when they first sneaked Admiralty Law on to land, gave it the shiny new name "Statutory Jurisdiction" to hide the fact its actually Admiralty Law, and replaced Common/Constitutional Law with it?
    Anybody else find it a little on the self-serving side that a branch of the government can place definitions and restrictions on a Amendment meant to give The People the final means of regaining control of said government should it become oppressive? We are suppose to believe then, that the Founders crafted this "safety check", the safety check that they are all pretty much quoted as saying was to remain in the hands of The People, but in reality they actually meant that safety check was always intended to be under control of the government? Then the Founders added the words, "Shall Not Be Infringed" at the end of it, so we'd all be sure to know that the government could limit, restrict, or deny that right whenever they had a whim to?
    I know we have a lot of brainless people who voted for Obama, but do you really believe anyone else outside of a self-serving politician, lawyer, or judge is seriously going to buy that?

Do Penn and Teller wake up ever day, check the news to see if Heller has been modified, then utter "Scalia" the way Seinfeld uttered "Newman"?
    While the Heller decision was nice, it still was a case concerning a law that was made and enforced under statutory jurisdiction. It is still contract law any way you slice it, and therefore is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Buffalo to seize guns from families following owners' funerals
    Would you prefer that these ownerless guns are just left to float around the city unaccounted for?

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    While the Heller decision was nice, it still was a case concerning a law that was made and enforced under statutory jurisdiction. It is still contract law any way you slice it, and therefore is a scam.
    I hope you didn't buy one of those books written by the insane self-appointed "law perfessers" on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    registration leads to confiscation
    Bull manure.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its a selective enforcement notice - if and when they use this law they will do so selectively.

Some people have collections worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and span the results of a few generations of collectors. How can you state that just because its a handgun it should be confiscated - what if they are curio or relics -
    I haven't read the law, but I suspect that it allows the police take possession of these guns and hold them for proper disposition. Once the paperwork's done, the new owner gets the gun(s). The article makes it seem that the police are taking these guns permanently, and they're not doing that.

Whether the police would deal with antique guns would depend upon whether the guns are required to be registered. For example, some 18th-19th century pistols are not only single shots but take ball and powder, not bullets like modern guns. I suspect those wouldn't be required to be registered except with an insurance company.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I hope you didn't buy one of those books written by the insane self-appointed "law perfessers" on that subject.
    Nope. But I would prefer one of those over anything written by a "law perfessers" who purposely and knowingly, engages in and promotes, a system designed to defraud the public.

Remind us again, exactly how many of your clients did you make full disclosure to that they were actually hiring you to negotiate the terms of a contract they were not aware that they were involved in?

Oh! that's right... you never did answer that question.

Remind us again, exactly how many of your clients did you make full disclosure to that they were actually hiring you to negotiate the terms of a contract they were not aware that they were involved in?
    None...because your imaginary BS is not of value to anyone other than the hucksters.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post

{ Quote Originally Posted by FMD
    registration leads to confiscation}

Bull manure.
    Wow... really? You not only haven't paid much to history as well as current events.

Let's see:
    Happening now in Buffalo...
    ... and in Connecticut
    ... and California
    ... Vermont wants to do it
    ... happened in Australia
    ... happened during Katrina
    ... the UN wants to do it world wide
    ... the British (King George) tried in here
    ... the British did it there
    ... Hitler did it
    ... Mao did it
    ... Pol Pot did it
    ... The Ottoman Empire did it
    ... Stalin did it
    ... Idi Amin did it
    ... Lenin did it
    ... Nicolai Ceausescu of Romania did it
    ... Castro did it
    ... Cuomo said he was considering it
    ... Janet Reno said it was her goal
    ... Feinstein said she would do it if she could

Nope... nothing to worry about there (Sarcasm)

None...because your imaginary BS is not of value to anyone other than the hucksters.
    Nope. None... because to do so would reveal the scam and hurt your bank account.

So explain to us, Sam...
    If it's all imaginary BS, how do you get around the confrontation clauses in the 6th and 14th Amendments when the so-called injured party is a fictitious corporate entity, such as, THE STATE OF____, THE CITY OF____, THE TOWN OF____? Or some equally fictitious government entity?

Nope. None... because to do so would reveal the scam and hurt your bank account.

So explain to us, Sam...
    If it's all imaginary BS, how do you get around the confrontation clauses in the 6th and 14th Amendments when the so-called injured party is a fictitious corporate entity, such as, THE STATE OF____, THE CITY OF____, THE TOWN OF____? Or some equally fictitious government entity?
    lol...I spit my coffee all over the keyboard...you know a few catch phrases then think you are playing lawyer by stringing them together in a nonsensical question. Hey, maybe res can tell us with this one - if a 2.7mhz hard dive can transfer data at 9 decibels per minute, how come the pixels keep discharging prematurely?

lol...I spit my coffee all over the keyboard...you know a few catch phrases then think you are playing lawyer by stringing them together in a nonsensical question. Hey, maybe res can tell us with this one - if a 2.7mhz hard dive can transfer data at 9 decibels per minute, how come the pixels keep discharging prematurely?
    Hey... maybe Res can tell us why lawyers duck answering simple questions about their "profession". ;-)

If during my traffic court appearance for rolling through a stop sign I call the plaintiff, "THE CITY OF ____", to the witness stand... who shows up?

So explain to us, Sam...
    The confrontation clause does not give you a right to call the sovereign prosecuting the case to the stand. The confrontation clause only secures your right to call the complainant(s) to the stand and/or cross-examine them and their evidence.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

If a 2.7mhz hard dive can transfer data at 9 decibels per minute, how come the pixels keep discharging prematurely?
    Five

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    The confrontation clause does not give you a right to call the sovereign prosecuting the case to the stand. The confrontation clause only secures your right to call the complainant(s) to the stand and/or cross-examine them and their evidence.
    Why would one want to call the sovereignty prosecuting the case to the stand? What are they going to testify too, even if they were a flesh and blood being? They are not the plaintiff, they are not a witness, they were not there.

However when the plaintiff (injured party) is a fictitious corporate entity, how do you call them to the stand to cross-examine them? They don't exist in the real world, therefore how can you infringe upon their life, liberty, or property?

Either you have the right to confront your accuser under the 6th and 14th Amendments or you don't. Constitutional/Common law says you do. There is only one other jurisdiction (using several names) that I know of that allows them to toss out the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information