• Raised elsewhere and moved to COB

4 12.90%
  • Raised elsewhere and moved to the burbs

6 19.35%
  • Raised in WNY, moved out of the area

1 3.23%

Thread: Just for a little perspective

Just for a little perspective

There is a lot of talk about declining population in WNY, but I run into lots of people that, like me, have actually moved here from somewhere else. How many of us are "transplants"?
    Save Us has a thread regarding WHY you live here, but I think it would be helpful to delve a bit deeper.

I was raised elsewhere. I went to college up here and stayed.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Quote Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
    I was raised elsewhere. I went to college up here and stayed.

me too, what's wrong with us!!!

I put I was raised elsewhere and moved to the burbs, eventhough i lived in the city for 5 of the 9 years i've been here.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

I love the four seasons and have a whole lot of friends in this area. The burbs have been good to live in, except for the taxes, of course.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Unregistered
    Raised in the NYC Metro ... moved to GI

I was born and raised in Clarence and lived there 47 years, 7 months, 1 week and 2 days. Then I made the move to Lancaster only 3 miles from work.

Georgia L Schlager

Transfered here and it sucks.

I was born in Buffalo, raised in the Southern Tier of WNY, moved to COB for college and early professional life, moved away twice, and finally returned to the Southern Tier. I can't imagine living anywhere else except WNY. The winters have gotten tougher as I've gotten older, and I've thought about buying an RV and traveling around the South during the winters when I retire, but I really have no desire to live elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    I was born in Buffalo, raised in the Southern Tier of WNY, moved to COB for college and early professional life, moved away twice, and finally returned to the Southern Tier. I can't imagine living anywhere else except WNY. The winters have gotten tougher as I've gotten older, and I've thought about buying an RV and traveling around the South during the winters when I retire, but I really have no desire to live elsewhere.
    Move to Paraguay.

I'm very surprised to see that (as of now) 40% of us didn't grow up here.

I'm not as surprised.

I voted Raised elsewhere moved to the burbs, however we did live downtown when we first moved here. It was temporary (but over a year) while looking for a house, so I didn't feel it really qualified as Raised elsewhere moved to the city. Plus back in the early 90's living at the waterfront was almost the same as living in the suburbs. Except for the little store over at the apartments, we had to drive to shop or to get anywhere except Crawdaddy's!

I probably should have added 1 more option- Born here, moved and then returned. I'm sure there are quite a few of those as well.

I am not that surprised. I think no matter where people live they will complain for the most part. Really there are not a lot or any? better places to live - except of course if you like dryer weather all year round. Taxes? yes they are high, sometimes though I think you get what you pay for. Every area, state, city has something to complain about. I think if I had my choice I would like to live in a dryer, warmer climate - but the people here for the most part are very very nice, and the weather isnt as bad as outsiders make it out to be.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

I spent some time here when I was younger,, went to high school and college out of state, lived in different states lived out in in boonies,, married here,, divorced here,,,,

moved to COB because committing suicide in the suburbs would be redundant....yech!

I was born and raised here, i did live elsewhere for a little bit but that was dorming so i don't know if that would count.

I like living in the city because I can walk to most of the places i need to go. The doctors offices, the gym and a few relatives houses are the only places where i have to drive. I have a car but i try to use it as little as possible. I hate driving, gas is expensive and driving to much is bad for the environment. My husband uses the car for work but he would ride his bike if buffalo where more of a bike friendly city.

That's one thing that sucks about buffalo, you can't ride a bike throughout the city from one end to the other.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Thread Information