Thread: Lancaster'$ Supervisor mispoke again !!!!!!

Wink Lancaster'$ Supervisor mispoke again !!!!!!

Lancaster Industrial Developement Agency - Headed by Lancasters Town Supervisor Bob Giza
    (L.I.D.A.Chairman of the Agency.)
    The Town of Lancaster provides the Agency with administrative services. The cost of these services
    has been included as expenses on the Agency’s statement of activities. The Agency paid the Town
    of Lancaster $35,000.00

Just who are these people and who gets paid?
    Lancaster Town Supervisor Bob Giza quoted recently saying, "Supervisor Robert Giza interjected that he wanted to comment on IDA’S. “You may or may not know, but I Chair the Lancaster IDA. I get no money for this and it’s very time consuming.

Somebody is getting paid

Estimated Expenses
    Administrative/Secretarial Support - Town of Lancaster $35,000.00( just who are these people and who gets paid)

Chief Financial Officer - Salary $3,000.00
    Chief Financial Officer - Payroll Taxes & Expenses $517.00
    Consultant Fees - Barnhardt $12,600.00
    Consultant - Out of Pocket $1,458.00
    Consultant Fees - Leone $6,000.00
    Consultant - Out of Pocket $ 1,000.00
    Insurance $2,300.00 (what types of insurance?)
    Accounting/Audit Fees $7,400.00
    Legal Fees $3,000.00
    Printing & Advertising $25,000.00(WOW thats a lot of printing!)
    Bad Debt Allowance $50,000.00
    Miscellaneous $2,922.00

Total Estimated Expenses $
    Excess of Estimated Revenues Over/(Under) Expenses ($82,117.00)

I dont know - I dont think Bob wanted to mislead anyone, BUT

I guess even if its true he doesnt get a check - Being Chairman cant hurt his dinner schedule any. I bet his dance card is full Too.
    Last edited by 4248; August 28th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just who are these people and who gets paid?
    Lancaster Town Supervisor Bob Giza quoted recently saying, "Supervisor Robert Giza interjected that he wanted to comment on IDA’S. “You may or may not know, but I Chair the Lancaster IDA. I get no money for this and it’s very time consuming.

Then why do it?

Being so time consuming how does he have time to then supervise? What does the supervisor of lancaster get paid when you add up insurances, personal vehical usage, salaries and pension contribution? The whole amount. maybe he's volunteering just too much time at the IDA to do all the supervising a supervisor is supposed to do. Know what I mean? I think my town of cheektowaga has an IDA also.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what exactly does the IDA do? do they benefit only a few compared to the entire population of the town? Thinking about it, they take revenue producing properties and turn then into non-revenue properties for a decade or so.... correct?

Why would a community want a group of politically connected people running something like that? You can give some business a discount on taxes without ANY performance accountability. We read about it in the paper. They don't hit their hiring goals. A few do... but you know what? They all don't.

SO..where do I sign up to have my school/property taxes removed for the next 10 years on the property I'm currently at? I promise... I will try to add 1000 jobs to my company AND I promise if I don't hit that goal you can put my taxes where they should be 10 years from now. Fair enough? That's what they basically do for the most part is it not? To show you I'm serious I will even invest in some new equipment, which by the way, can I get a pass on the sales tax on that business expansion? That is what they do isn't it?

So why can't all the businesses in my community step right up and get theirs too? We'll all promise to hire 1000 people.

We can we get the ball rolling on this? If these discounts are good for a few they should be good for everyone in the business community.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So what exactly does the IDA do? do they benefit only a few compared to the entire population of the town? Thinking about it, they take revenue producing properties and turn then into non-revenue properties for a decade or so.... correct?

Why would a community want a group of politically connected people running something like that? You can give some business a discount on taxes without ANY performance accountability. We read about it in the paper. They don't hit their hiring goals. A few do... but you know what? They all don't.

SO..where do I sign up to have my school/property taxes removed for the next 10 years on the property I'm currently at? I promise... I will try to add 1000 jobs to my company AND I promise if I don't hit that goal you can put my taxes where they should be 10 years from now. Fair enough? That's what they basically do for the most part is it not? To show you I'm serious I will even invest in some new equipment, which by the way, can I get a pass on the sales tax on that business expansion? That is what they do isn't it?

So why can't all the businesses in my community step right up and get theirs too? We'll all promise to hire 1000 people.

We can we get the ball rolling on this? If these discounts are good for a few they should be good for everyone in the business community.
    In a nutshell, IDA's grant business entities tax breaks in various forms. The problem is, when it comes to property taxes, the break the business gets is passed on to other property owners - homeowners and commercial property owners that haven't asked for, or were not granted a break.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Very interesting commentary

As for the IDA's, I feel businesses that have been on the verge of bankrupcy or closure that would employ more than 10 people would be a good idea to help them out. But to ensure a company that has been here for many years, received fed and state funding of 12.6 million and rent is so cheap to lure business away from other companies and then to keep that IDA for 10 years or more is a dasterdly deed. Oh who employs two full timers and Two half timers. Give me a break.

Giza & Co. are shaddy at best!! I cannot comment anymore because this really ticks me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrow Giza should be removed

Obvious conflict of interests.

He heads the Town Board - he influences and controls:
    Lancaster's Planning Board
    Zoning Board
    Zoning Board of Appeals.
    Sewer Board
    IDA

Each and every Board he sits on or controls affects who and what gets done in Lancaster. He as head of the Town Board should remove himself from voting on just about every project put before him. He has influenced the decision making process from projects conceptions. He is the greased one who feeds the wheel - or is he the grease?????

If what he does was ever truly examined it would probably look vary similar to organized crime families. I am not saying what he does is illegal - but as a Judge once said about his decision making, "Its not illegal - just bad government."

Supervisor Giza should resign from all Boards and be Supervisor. I know its hard to give up all the little "Perks" -

He always claims he does all these extra things for "Free" - I would love to see what the taxpayers reimburse him for yearly - plus "seminars" - outside meetings - meals - travel and so on.

Also how many free dinners he attends (Like grand opening Parties for projects he approved)- charity events he goes to where tickets are paid for with either campaign money or given to him - he should have to disclose all that.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Obvious conflict of interests.

He heads the Town Board - he influences and controls:
    Lancaster's Planning Board
    Zoning Board
    Zoning Board of Appeals.
    Sewer Board
    IDA

Each and every Board he sits on or controls affects who and what gets done in Lancaster. He as head of the Town Board should remove himself from voting on just about every project put before him. He has influenced the decision making process from projects conceptions. He is the greased one who feeds the wheel - or is he the grease?????

If what he does was ever truly examined it would probably look vary similar to organized crime families. I am not saying what he does is illegal - but as a Judge once said about his decision making, "Its not illegal - just bad government."

Supervisor Giza should resign from all Boards and be Supervisor. I know its hard to give up all the little "Perks" -

He always claims he does all these extra things for "Free" - I would love to see what the taxpayers reimburse him for yearly - plus "seminars" - outside meetings - meals - travel and so on.

Also how many free dinners he attends (Like grand opening Parties for projects he approved)- charity events he goes to where tickets are paid for with either campaign money or given to him - he should have to disclose all that.
    And yet Supervisor Giza and his minions have stated openly at several Town Board meetings that they had done nothing to make the Lancaster airport expansion possible and have no jurisdiction over anything.

Examining the Airport environmental assessment meeting minutes with Supervisor Giza on September 11, 2006, it was written:

"The influx of these businesses will have a positive impact on the local community. Supervisor Giza stated that the airport is viewed by the Town as an economic engine, and Town personnel will work with the airport to aid in future development."

Well, that has certainly been the case, hasn't it. And, this project will be an economic engine for who? Looking at the $12.6 million federal and state funds pumped into this project, three IDA'S, the current and future predicted number of flights out of this airport will have many Lancaster residents questioning, "What the hell were they (Town Board) thinking for supporting this project."

Question Was that a pledge

"The influx of these businesses will have a positive impact on the local community. Supervisor Giza stated that the airport is viewed by the Town as an economic engine, and Town personnel will work with the airport to aid in future development."

Rumors flying around about just how far the Town Board is willing to go!

Would they or could they have future tax dollar subsidized help planned?

Would the Supervisor turn a blind eye to using Town Manpower or Equipment to "Aid future development"?

Time will tell - so far no true positive economic impact on Lancaster - No jobs creation - taxes decreased - will the next slap in the face of taxpayers be use of Town Owned Equipment or manpower (or rental equipment)?

Will some much needed asphalt products be quietly transported? I don't care if its only road surface scrapings or what ever - if it was transported by the Town - to a Town storage area - then to the Airport - will channel four cameras be there this time?

Will the Town Board put their new Highway Boss under the bus as they did Mr.Reese?

Or will Supervisor Giza step up and say, "We have a program - but it only works when our guys do it!"

Wow...

I'm speechless. That is one of the first. OK people, are the Giza & Co. that bad? Holy crap~~REading this stuff makes me believe that Giza should be impeached!!! Removed from his duties. If that were to happen who would step in his place until the next election?

I smell a rat, and I think it is a bad one!! Giza & Co. we are watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    And yet Supervisor Giza and his minions have stated openly at several Town Board meetings that they had done nothing to make the Lancaster airport expansion possible and have no jurisdiction over anything.

Examining the Airport environmental assessment meeting minutes with Supervisor Giza on September 11, 2006, it was written:

Well, that has certainly been the case, hasn't it. And, this project will be an economic engine for who? Looking at the $12.6 million federal and state funds pumped into this project, three IDA'S, the current and future predicted number of flights out of this airport will have many Lancaster residents questioning, "What the hell were they (Town Board) thinking for supporting this project."
    When the geezer says the airport will stir an influx of businesses, does he mean businesses like Yahoo?
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    When the geezer says the airport will stir an influx of businesses, does he mean businesses like Yahoo?
    Good point Wag.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post

Get serious. Business for all the businesses who are politically connected in lancaster as the expense of the people living around the airport.

Thread Information