Thread: Peoples and Volker on the current deficit situation

Peoples and Volker on the current deficit situation

Financial Problems Grow For New York State
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...69635&catid=13

["The problem was, this came on because of Wall Street," said Volker. No Dale, the problem came to light earlier than expected because of Wall Street. It was in the making for years.

In a recent interview with 2 On Your Side, Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples (D-141st District) said cuts will have to take the place of any more fees or taxes if the state's financial problems continue.

"I will not support more fees or taxes in this budget or next year's budget," said Peoples.

Education and healthcare, she says, are at the top of the list because they eat up the largest chunk of the budget. No Crystal, these are the easiest and we like easy, right?

Volker mentioned another way to bring in money to the state but it involves adding jobs. He says the state liquor authority has been understaffed and behind in issuing permits since September 11, 2001. He says if they increased their staff by ten to fifteen, it could triple the agency's revenue.]

Pathetic statements and equally pathetic, yet classic, examples of how we got to this economic crisis.

1. Hold the old ladies and the babies hostage until the public inundates your office worrying about same. Then you are free to go back to fees and taxes because your constituents really didn't want cuts made.

2. Never do the math before suggesting adding to the State employment roll. If you mention tripling revenues everyone will be so astounded they will forget the costs of raising the revenue. Many of them won't come to light until next year or in the case of pensions, years later.

Peoples sazes no mo taxes. God I feel so much better. Crystal for the last 10 day I thought about you every morning. God I hate the South.

And the big dumb Jerk Dale Volker sazes our future is in the Liquor business.

Thread Information