Thread: Honeymoon in Buffalo

Honeymoon in Buffalo

The local media's with Byron Brown, I mean.

Wow, did they drop the ball on Mayor Brown's bloated new budget?

Brown increases spending $28 million and the media thinks he's a god or something.

Mayor, you're going in the wrong direction. You should be cutting spending not increasing it above the rate of inflation.

He rationalizes by noting an increase in state subsidies. Think about that. That means he either doesn't realize that many residents of Buffalo pay substantial state taxes, or, more to the point, he considers it a victory that he is able to mulct the productive citizens in the suburbs and elsewhere around the state for money to subsidize a failed city. And he's not ashamed of it; he's proud of it!

And no, he didn't cut taxes. The property tax levy remains the same.

It always amazes me how often Buffalo politicians miss the obvious. Mayor, why not figure out what net-taxpaying areas of the state are doing right to allow you to mulct them to support Buffalo, and then do it here?

There's lots of room for cuts in that budget and Free Buffalo in due course will report on those opportunities.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Your elect someone from within the system you get more of the system.

Money is money no matter where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski
    he considers it a victory that he is able to mulct the productive citizens in the suburbs and elsewhere around the state for money to subsidize a failed city.
    Why do you make inflamtory comments like that? Every city, town, and village, outside of NY city is getting an increase in state aid, not just the city of buffalo.

That statement made no sence at all.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

"Why do you make inflamtory comments like that?"

Because it's true and someone needs to say it. You're probably used to politicalspeak. I don't speak that language.

As for the notion that we're all subsiding each other, well, no, we're not.

Some people and regions are subsidizing others. Instead of changing the way they do business so as to not need subsidies, they simply keep taking more every year. Buffalo has been takign these subsidies for years and where has it gotten us?

Why is it when Giambra spent about 30K net hiring his aide to drive him instead of a D. Sheriff, people were aghast, but BB raises spending $28M and no one cares?

Follow the (real) money!

he considers it a victory that he is able to mulct the productive citizens in the suburbs and elsewhere around the state for money to subsidize a failed city.
    I didnt make any notions about subsiding anyone, you did.

Again, Every city, town, and village, outside of NY city is getting an increase in state aid, not just the city of buffalo.

your statement made no sence at all.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Dialogues with you are pointless. Let's agree not to have any.

I urge residents of Buffalo to contact your councilman or woman to ask them to cut this budget--

http://www.ci.buffalo.ny.us/document_6.html

I think my point is made, every city town and village in the county is getting a raise in state aid. Your trying to make it sound as if buffalo is sucking money out of the burbs with your comment:

"he considers it a victory that he is able to mulct the productive citizens in the suburbs"

Dialogues with you are pointless. Let's agree not to have any.
    Funny, when you got caught not paying your taxes and I was one of the very few on the board to say it wasnt a big deal you liked my input.

When others where questioning wether you should be conducting your private business out of the office you paid for with donations to FB and I said it wasnt a big deal you kinda liked that input as well.

How times change.....

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    I didnt make any notions about subsiding anyone, you did.

Again, Every city, town, and village, outside of NY city is getting an increase in state aid, not just the city of buffalo.

your statement made no sence at all.
    And where does this magical "state aid" come from if not from tax payer subsidies?
    And who is actually the receipients of this so-called "state aid"?

Quote Originally Posted by tronix75
    And where does this magical "state aid" come from if not from tax payer subsidies?
    And who is actually the receipients of this so-called "state aid"?
    I see your taking lessons in the course on redirection. When I question the voracity of a statement made by someone the correct reply is to either agree with the original statement or disagree.

Where state aid comes from is not the point of my post. Read again. If you want me to make it even clearer to you than I already have. I can only do that by repeating what I already said:

every city town and village in the county is getting a raise in state aid. Your trying to make it sound as if buffalo is sucking money out of the burbs with your comment:

"he considers it a victory that he is able to mulct the productive citizens in the suburbs"

Do you understand now?

Thread Information