View Poll Results: Jim Liegl or Brian Higgins!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim Liegl

4 28.57%
  • Brian Higgins

10 71.43%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Liegl or Brian Higgins

Unregistered

Jim Liegl or Brian Higgins

Pick you're choice!

Jim has my full support in any effort he may choose in the political arena.

Unregistered
    It would be a hard race for Jim. I have heard that every endorsed Republican for Congress will receive a minimum of 1 million to run.

I believe that is the way Jim Liegl likes it.
    He has a determined motivation when confronted with challenges.
    Though if Jim where to become an EC Legislator to start, upon which a political record and name recognition for his contributions, where to be established,this first step would be preferable.
    Jim needs a record to run on.
    I must say that Jim Liegl is more Republican then anyone I have seen running for the NYSReb Party.

I don't know Jim Liegl, so I really can't comment there, but I do know Brian Higgins and I like the things he is doing.

who is Jim Leigl?

never heard of jim

what is his record
    what has he done
    where did he come from
    Higgens I know off and like what he has done so far
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

I wondered who the sacrifical lamb would be. He will not get a million dollars to run against Higgins because the republicans know it would be a waste of money.
    Who ever this guy is, he is probaly some up and coming Republican who was promised if he took his licks (they have to run somebody) he would be rewarded down the road. Some good paying job in a Republican administration somewhere with a chance to run for lesser office later.
    Higgins is the onlyguy making those Republican controlled State authorities accountable to the taxpayer. He his the best thing to hit local Goverment since Grover Cleveland.
    Nobody here on the local scene can beat him at this point in time.
    The origional plan was for Nancy Naples to do two terms and then Jack Quinn Jr. was going to step up for the seat after she announced she wasn't running again. They picked her because she was the only one that ever beat Higgins. He surprized them and threw a wrench in the republican plan. Good for us too. I can't imagine Naples accomplishing a tenth of what Higgins has. She would have rode it out, collected her check and been a rubber stamp for the Reynolds-DeLay crowd.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

TimeOut Chair
    in a search on the internet, i found lots of stuff on higgins to include his area issues are:

Agriculture, Economic Development, Education, Energy, Environment, Healthcare, Hydropower, Labor, Medicare & Medicaid, Our Troops and Our Veterans, Peace Bridge, Skyway, Social Security, Waterfront

more on brian higgins:

Federal Grants for Local Fire Companies Threatened by Pataki - Higgins' latest fight for Western New York.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2678.shtml

Higgins says Bush’s conference was "empty rhetoric on renewable energy" - Dems calling on President to investigate price gouging.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2665.shtml

Congressman continually points out the injustice of "double tax", now Calls on Naples to provide Thruway Accident Data
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2659.shtml

Higgins accused NYSTA of turning their backs on Western New York; fighting against Albany bureaucrats.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2650.shtml

Thruway Authority suggests WNY lacks a basic understanding of finances - Higgins' research has proven the Authority is wrong.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2629.shtml

Higgins Asks State DOT not to Shortchange East Aurora
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2617.shtml

Congressman Brian Higgins – leading the fight for a better Western New York.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2398.shtml

--------------

in searching the internet, i only kept coming up with this about Jim Liegl

Recorded on: 7/25/2005
    Host Jim Liegl and Primary Challenge founder Lenny Roberto talk about the week in Erie County and New York State politics. Be sure to listen every week as Primary Challenge candidates answer your questions. Primary Challenge Radio can be heard every Monday from 8:00-9:00 p.m. on WBNY-FM 91.3, Buffalo State's student-run radio station.

WBNY All-Talk: Primary Challenge (7/25/05)
    http://www.buffalostate.edu/podcasts.../2005&podid=27

As a side note: rez gave me permission to post facts only. any questions, comments or concerns should be taken up with him. thank you.

There's lots of information about Jim on the web.

I found this in about ten seconds--

http://www.takestockamerica.com/Site...raphy/bios.htm

You see, Jim has led a real life, by which I mean a life not spent from his youth as a professional politician.

I have blogged on this before, how politicians make bone-headed plays because they are out of touch with reality:

Why They Make Boneheaded Plays

The Buffalo political machine recently made another boneheaded play that they never realized would cause a public and press uproar–creating a lucrative patronage job for retiring (how can you tell?) legislator Ed Kuwik.

It’s worth pondering why they do stupid things like this and I did that yesterday while having lunch with a new supporter of Free New York from Niagara County.

It’s important to understand this point because, as I have said many times, while the machine has all the tangible advantages, we have all the intangibles and in the end, the intangibles always win.

Here’s another intangible advantage: the machine is out of touch with reality. Why? Several reasons. First, they have power over us, by definition. They’re bureaucrats and politicians. When you can force your will on others by means of political and legal power, you don’t need to know what those people might think and you therefore lose a critical element of feedback.

Second, the political class is shielded from the trials and tribulations of the daily struggle to survive economically in an economy they have destroyed. Getting a steady paycheck for thirty straight years with bennies puts you out of touch with how real people live and what they think, particularly what they think of you.

Third and last, but related to the first two points, though the political class talks to people constantly–on cells phones and at their lunch hours, they always talk to each other. They never talk to real people. Further, when soldiers talk to the higher-ups, the substance of the talk is usually boot-licking and so on.

In sum, one of the intangible advantages we have is that the political class around here is totally out of touch with reality which means they will continue to make boneheaded plays much to our advantage.

TimeOut Chair
    (not much came up when googling the name) from your link: bullet points.

• Jim Liegl founded his own investment club, the FOJ Investment Group
    • member of the American Association of Individual Investors, Investors Alliance and the National Association of Investors Corporation.
    • Director for the Western New York Chapter of the NAIC
    • Chapter Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, Publicity Chairman, and on a number of Chapter committees
    • received the "Paul Harris Fellowship Award" for contributions to the West Seneca community
    • received the "Bruce Landry Award" the outstanding member of the Senior Class
    • educated in Western New York
    • graduated from Canisius High School
    • graduated from Niagara University with a Bachelor of Science, Biology.
    • graduated from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine as a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine.
    • retired from his private practice. He attributes this to a successful stock market investing philosophy.
    • member of the West Seneca Rotary Club and the West Seneca Chamber of Commerce
    • served in the U.S. Army Reserves currently holds the rank of Major
    • he volunteered for service in Operation Desert Shield at Fort Bragg N.C.
    • local judge for the high school D.E.C.A. annual competition, Junior Achievement, St. Andrew's Holy Name Society, The Academy of Finance, and on the Marriage Preparation Program at his church. And yes, he is still asked to play softball for a local fastpitch team.
    • he believes in the importance of family

As a side note: rez gave me permission to post facts only. any questions, comments or concerns should be taken up with him. thank you.

TimeOut Chair
    to bullet a few things from higgins - just to be fair:

• Brian Higgins was sworn into 109th Congress,
    • representing New York’s 27th Congressional District
    • son of immigrant and first-generation American parents
    • Brian took his father’s old seat on the Buffalo Common Council
    • was rated “Buffalo’s Best Lawmaker” in a Buffalo News Survey
    • began the public policy work that he continues to this day –
    • received his undergraduate and graduate education at Buffalo State College, studying political science and history,
    • awarded the inaugural Western New York Harvard Graduate fellowship
    • one year later earned a Master of Arts degree in Public Policy and Administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
    • served as a lecturer in history and economics at Buffalo State College, instructing undergraduate students in courses on state and local government.
    • taught courses on the economic history of Buffalo and Western New York.
    • a member of the New York State Assembly for the 145th District,
    • focus on economic development and job creation for Buffalo and Western New York
    • worked with governmental partners on the federal, state, and local levels – Democrats and Republicans alike – to secure nearly $20 million in funding for Buffalo’s Outer Harbor areas
    • member of the House’s Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
    • secured more than $42 million for critical transportation projects
    • called upon New York Governor George Pataki to support the establishment of a specific economic development corporation
    • sponsored legislation that would force NYPA to provide a fair share of its annual profits
    • member of the House’s Committee on Government Reform, and is a member of that panel’s subcommittees on Energy and Resources and National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations

Well, that's no contest. It's Liegl by five touchdowns!

Look, Brian Higgins is a nice man and everything. But, he's been a professional politician his whole life. He's done well for himself and his while our community has declined.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    to bullet a few things from higgins - just to be fair:

• Brian Higgins was sworn into 109th Congress,
    • representing New York’s 27th Congressional District
    • son of immigrant and first-generation American parents
    • Brian took his father’s old seat on the Buffalo Common Council
    • was rated “Buffalo’s Best Lawmaker” in a Buffalo News Survey
    • began the public policy work that he continues to this day –
    • received his undergraduate and graduate education at Buffalo State College, studying political science and history,
    • awarded the inaugural Western New York Harvard Graduate fellowship
    • one year later earned a Master of Arts degree in Public Policy and Administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
    • served as a lecturer in history and economics at Buffalo State College, instructing undergraduate students in courses on state and local government.
    • taught courses on the economic history of Buffalo and Western New York.
    • a member of the New York State Assembly for the 145th District,
    • focus on economic development and job creation for Buffalo and Western New York
    • worked with governmental partners on the federal, state, and local levels – Democrats and Republicans alike – to secure nearly $20 million in funding for Buffalo’s Outer Harbor areas
    • member of the House’s Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
    • secured more than $42 million for critical transportation projects
    • called upon New York Governor George Pataki to support the establishment of a specific economic development corporation
    • sponsored legislation that would force NYPA to provide a fair share of its annual profits
    • member of the House’s Committee on Government Reform, and is a member of that panel’s subcommittees on Energy and Resources and National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations

The people you are talkng to believe in immediate and gratifying miracles. If you can't produce one, you must be a loser who is simply getting fat off the government.

No one has good intentions but them.

TimeOut Chair

Wink regarding: see spot run...

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    The people you are talkng to believe in immediate and gratifying miracles. If you can't produce one, you must be a loser who is simply getting fat off the government.

No one has good intentions but them.
    Mike,

since you quoted my post... i am very sorry, i have to say: "rez gave me permission to post facts only."

i only posted the equal amount/profile of Jim Liegl or Brian Higgins

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information