Thread: Buffalo News is Tacky

Unregistered

Buffalo News is Tacky

WNYresident just pointed out that I shouldn't have posted an entire OBITUARY online. One of the reasons is because it's not fair to the advertisers who pay for ad space on the Buffalo news website. This I completely understand, however, it never dawned on me that they'd be tacky enough to place advertisements in the obituaries.

Thank you, res, for pointing this out. Due to this tackiness, I have canceled my subscription to the Buffalo News. I will continue to read their online obituaries and contact the advertisers. If the advertisers don't insist their ads be removed from the obituaries, I'll personally boycott them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    When anyone posts something from the Buffalo News how about posting just a small portion of the story with a link back. They pay people to write and charge the people who advertise on their site.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I meant all BUFFALO NEWS ARTICLES.

Not just the one you posted up today.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I meant all BUFFALO NEWS ARTICLES.

Not just the one you posted up today.
    As I said, "I completely understand."

After you commented in the other thread, I thought to myself, "they don't and/or wouldn't place advertisements in the obituaries." You see, I have the ability to block everything but text out of web pages and never noticed the ads before.

Again, if it weren't for you pointing out my error, I would have never noticed their total lack of class, and I thank you for that.

Unregistered
    I felt that way this morning when I noticed the following ads placed next to Lou's obituary....

1. Dr. Oz Reports "Extend life by preventing a number of age-related illnesses."

2. Buffalo News "Don't miss out on any of the action."

3. Buick "There's no looking back now."

The word tacky doesn't even come close!

There are ads on the Buffalo News Site? Wow, I never see one. Ad block plus is a great tool. Scott Lemon started with Proximitron and so many other social engineers took over and some of us original internet users enjoy it ad free as it was when it started.

Did I mention I hate ads on the internet?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information