Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal

Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal

PHOENIX, Arizona (CNN) -- A man toting an assault rifle was among a dozen protesters carrying weapons while demonstrating outside President Obama's speech to veterans on Monday, but no laws were broken. It was the second instance in recent days in which weapons have been seen near presidential events.

Video from the protest in Phoenix, Arizona, shows the man standing with other protesters, with the rifle slung over his right shoulder.
    Phoenix police said authorities monitored about a dozen people carrying weapons while peacefully demonstrating.
    "It was a group interested in exercising the right to bear arms," police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said.

Go read the Full Story on CNN

Unregistered
    I would be willing to bet that no one tried picking this guys pocket! Bringing a sign to a protest is commitment to a cause, but this guy really stepped up to the plate!

Unregistered
    Phoenix police said authorities monitored about a dozen people carrying weapons while peacefully demonstrating.
    Try to convince anyone that the above sentence doesn't really mean...

...Authorities pointed sniper rifles at about a dozen right wing extremists, carrying weapons, while not so peacefully demonstrating.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post

...Authorities pointed sniper rifles at about a dozen right wing extremists, carrying weapons, while not so peacefully demonstrating.
    I am sure that several snipers were inspecting the part in his hair from 1000 yards away!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post

He can't be a right wing extremist, he's BLACK!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    He can't be a right wing extremist, he's BLACK!
    I soooo wanted to go there......

This will become a 'problem' just watch.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    This will become a 'problem' just watch.
    You got that right! Rapid "changes" are on the horizon.... just like he promised.

I have nothing against your right to bear arms but seriously wtf was this clown doing other than trying to light a fire? I didn't see no eyes in the back of this idiot's head. What if some crazy person knocked his ass out/pulled that gun off of him and started spraying the crowd? There are right ways and wrong ways to stand up for what you believe in and this fool was wrong. Yeah, I know, it has happened at other speeches( people bearing the weapons) in which ever state, but this was just plain dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO View Post
    I have nothing against your right to bear arms but seriously wtf was this clown doing other than trying to light a fire? I didn't see no eyes in the back of this idiot's head. What if some crazy person knocked his ass out/pulled that gun off of him and started spraying the crowd? There are right ways and wrong ways to stand up for what you believe in and this fool was wrong. Yeah, I know, it has happened at other speeches( people bearing the weapons) in which ever state, but this was just plain dumb!
    And what about the "protesting" weapon-bearing gun/rifle owners who fooled/passed the background checks to own a firearm?

I'm assuming that the Secret Service does an instant background check on these armed protestors.

But what about those rifle/handgun-bearing guys who were sane when they passed the background checks but have kind of lost it since?

And of course as you stated if a crazy person knocked the "rifleman" down, took the LOADED rifle and started shooting?

Thousands of gun laws and you're telling me that there can't be SOME common-sense restrictions on firearms when politicians are in the immediate area? "Right to bear arms, my shiny metal ass!"

I really DO hope that each rifle-carrying yahoo HAD a sniper or two with ready to demonstrate THEIR right to bear arms if they lost it.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

That could be the fire this Jacko was looking to start. You know damn well if someone tried to pull that gun off of that guy, security would have opened fire, probably wounding/killing innocents in the near vicinity. Talk about a huge mess.

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO View Post
    That could be the fire this Jacko was looking to start. You know damn well if someone tried to pull that gun off of that guy, security would have opened fire, probably wounding/killing innocents in the near vicinity. Talk about a huge mess.
    I'm actually going to give the Secret Service and other armed officers who protect the POTUS the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're trained to shoot with razor-sharp accuracy and to MINIMIZE collateral damage.

This trend keeps up chances are SOMETHING bad might happen and of course most of the media will portray the firearm-carrying nut who loses it at a protest as a "victim" even though he (IF IT HAPPENS) was shot to protect innocents, which I hope never happens and is WHY
    carrying a rifle or handgun at a public protest has ZIP to do with personal liberties because these are not professionals who can exercise (SOMETIMES) self-restraint & discipline (SOMETIMES).

Don't care WHAT damned amendment it would take but I WISH Congress would make it ILLEGAL for members of the public to carry firearms openly or hidden (duh) at public events (and other common sense situations in which there is NO need for some imbecile to carry a firearm and the hell with their local/state laws)-Time for an Amendment restricting firearms at public events to be passed,
    within a couple of weeks tops.

Think about how EASILY people's tempers flare at these events ENCOURAGED by some equally mentally deficient media trash.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

If there's not a law against bringing a gun to a Presidential rally, then there should be.

I hope the snipers were targeted in on this guy. WTF kind of statement are you trying to make by bringing an assault rifle near a President?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    You got that right! Rapid "changes" are on the horizon.... just like he promised.
    I don't follow you - what do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    If there's not a law against bringing a gun to a Presidential rally, then there should be.
    Agreed

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information