Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    I still say, in people are armed, with even a hand gun, I am talking 90% of the population, crime over all would go down. Sure there will be some who get killed with their own gun and what not, but over all, we as a people would be safer.

On top of that, those police officers who feel they are god, will realise that 'hey, this guy I am about to bully around has a bigger gun than me'.
    FMD, I'm not trying to knock your point down but why do the European nations that have EXTREME limits on personal firearm ownership USUALLY have the LOWEST rates of gun violence?

Different cultures with a radically different mentality than ours.

Thousands of gun laws on the books, the world's largest black market (for PERSONAL not private army) firearms and the violence keeps on escalating.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    FMD, I'm not trying to knock your point down but why do the European nations that have EXTREME limits on personal firearm ownership USUALLY have the LOWEST rates of gun violence?

Different cultures with a radically different mentality than ours.

Thousands of gun laws on the books, the world's largest black market (for PERSONAL not private army) firearms and the violence keeps on escalating.
    Okay, for one, how can you be sure the number of instants of gun violence in other countries has been recorded or even reported accurately? I'm sure many other countries don't have the resources to keep accurate track over this sort of thing when those resources could be needed elsewhere. And I for one would not trust the US antigun media to report such numbers accurately anyway. Ask yourself this, when's the last time you heard the media reporting about a legally armed citizen using a firearm to save himself or another from criminal violence? It must happen sometime, right? Actually, studies have shown that armed citizens use their legally owned weapons to stop crime against themselves or others, at least four times more than the police use theirs. (I think that percentage is actually higher, but I can't recall it at the moment. Again, the police can't be everywhere - all the time) But you won't hear about that in the media, what you will hear about is the one nutjob who misuses a firearm though - over and over and over again.

Second, human nature is or can be violent as a rule under certain circumstances. So what sort of violence replaced gun violence in other countries where guns were not readily available. Is it better to be hacked to death with a machete, rather than be shot? Is violence more humane and doesn't count as much if a hacking, stabbing, strangling, or blunt trama method is used? Hell, I've seen a group of 5 Mexicans (literally) kick the brains out of another Mexican guy with their cowboy boots - because he was dancing with "one of their women". Was that a kinder form of violence because they didn't shoot him?

Third, history has already shown us that disarming the common citizen has lead to governments becoming oppressive. We're already well on that path.

Forth, disarming the public does not mean a lower crime rate. Australia recently made it illegal for common citizens to own any sort of firearm... and the crime rate skyrocketed. In the USA, one town made it mandatory that each household had to have at least one firearm with ammo in it, and crime dropped to record lows.

And consider this, if you were a criminal, where would you feel better practicing your trade:

A - In an area where there was little chance of running into a armed victim because of strict antigun laws

B - In an area where theres a 50/50 chance of running into an armed victim.

C - In an area were residences are required to own at least one gun with ammo. And/or are freely allowed to carry them concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    "Its better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

And never fool yourself into thinking it can never happen to you. There are people out there who will place you in that situation wheather you want to be in it or not. Be it over the money in your pocket, your car, your new coat or shoes, or they just feel like having fun and popping a cap into a complete stranger.

I'm alive today because I had a gun when I needed it. The other guy (who wasn't even suppose to be in this country, let alone here and carrying a gun) thought it be a great idea for him and his friends to go out to rob some places and shoot a person or two. Well, it must not have dawned on them that maybe their victims just might be armed too. Thankfully, for all his possible future victims, it was the last lesson he ever learned.

I can never stress this enough to anyone - IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU AT ANYTIME! ANYWHERE!... and for any reason.
    So. . . You killed someone, apparently, with your gun and it still gives you a chubby. You ain't the norm and, in my opinion, from reading your dumb rant I'm not sure you should be allowed to own a gun. Seriously, ain't there a psych evaluation or something in the permit process?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    So. . . You killed someone, apparently, with your gun and it still gives you a chubby. You ain't the norm and, in my opinion, from reading your dumb rant I'm not sure you should be allowed to own a gun. Seriously, ain't there a psych evaluation or something in the permit process?
    Wow... did you have to go to school to learn how to be so moronic, or does it just come naturally? I mean, saying something that totally stupid has to come from somewhere, right?
    Now if only the criminal element could be limited to preying upon 'great mental giants' like you, the gene pool would be a lot cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Wow... did you have to go to school to learn how to be so moronic, or does it just come naturally? I mean, saying something that totally stupid has to come from somewhere, right?
    Now if only the criminal element could be limited to preying upon 'great mental giants' like you, the gene pool would be a lot cleaner.
    Name calling. That's what I figured.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    Name calling. That's what I figured.
    Naw... I just call em' as I see em'.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information