Thread: Hostile Bolton Press Conference

Hostile Bolton Press Conference

Before the President's press conference, Amb. Bolton (sp?) held one.

This morning, the IAEA guy (al-Baradai?) gave his report: Iran is ignoring and blatantly flaunting any and all UN resolutions on their nuclear program.

Their wacky President said he "doesn't give a damn" (his exact words) about any UN resolutions.

And the tone of the Bolton PC was hostile to him and the US. Whether the belligerent US was going to let diplomacy work (today's reports and comments make it very clear they aren't) or just go in with guns blazing.

At one point, the tone and content of the questions got so tense that Bolton stopped and asked the woman which media outlet she worked for.

Pres. Bush got some of the same hostility, but a little softer, on the Iranian question.

Have people lost their minds?

Iran is Germany, 1936. Bristling with hatred for the rest of the world. Defiant in their belief that they can get away with anything. Widespread hatred of Jews.

But Germany in 1936 on the verge of being a nuclear power and with the missiles to deliver them (thank you very much No. Korea and its enabler Madeleine Albright).

Any of our domestic squabbles pale in comparison to the threat that Iran poses to us and the rest of the world (dare I say "civilized"?)
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    Before the President's press conference, Amb. Bolton (sp?) held one.

This morning, the IAEA guy (al-Baradai?) gave his report: Iran is ignoring and blatantly flaunting any and all UN resolutions on their nuclear program.

Their wacky President said he "doesn't give a damn" (his exact words) about any UN resolutions.

And the tone of the Bolton PC was hostile to him and the US. Whether the belligerent US was going to let diplomacy work (today's reports and comments make it very clear they aren't) or just go in with guns blazing.

At one point, the tone and content of the questions got so tense that Bolton stopped and asked the woman which media outlet she worked for.

Pres. Bush got some of the same hostility, but a little softer, on the Iranian question.

Iran is Germany, 1936. Bristling with hatred for the rest of the world. Defiant in their belief that they can get away with anything. Widespread hatred of Jews.

But Germany in 1936 on the verge of being a nuclear power and with the missiles to deliver them (thank you very much No. Korea and its enabler Madeleine Albright).

Any of our domestic squabbles pale in comparison to the threat that Iran poses to us and the rest of the world (dare I say "civilized"?)

Gee, I'm inclined to think they're coming back to their senses, having lost them when Bush scared the bejesus out of them so as to win re-election.

Could it be that the public, having been terribly misled by the Bush Administration on Iraq (and any number of other issues), is inclined not to trust Bush to do the right thing with Iran?

Could it be that the country would actually like an intelligent plan, as opposed to storming in, guns blazing?

Yes, I believe that could be the case.

What I find shocking -- shocking -- is the media was hostile to Bolton. But better late than never. It's about time reporters started doing their jobs.

I didn't say anything about "the public".

Or do you represent them all and just not the lunatic left?

This was a press conference, usually populated by reporters.

The tenor of my comments was how out of touch they were, asking things in a way that the US was the problem here. Not thewhacked out Iranians.

But because you are a member of the out of touch left, that point clearly sailed right over (or through) your head.

I also went out of my way not to say anything about the pervasive but unprovable bias in the MSM. Or suggest that brain dead Dems are willing to use any venue----including one discussing the incineration of the earth by crazy Persians----to attack the hated Bush and his minions.

Because I knew you'd check in and prove my point.

Thanks.

(BTW-you'd better not be so predictable or else folks on SU might think we're a tag team on stuff.)

I didn't say anything about "the public".

Or do you represent them all and just not the lunatic left?

This was a press conference, usually populated by reporters.

The tenor of my comments was how out of touch they were, asking things in a way that the US was the problem here. Not thewhacked out Iranians.

But because you are a member of the out of touch left, that point clearly sailed right over (or through) your head.

I also went out of my way not to say anything about the pervasive but unprovable bias in the MSM. Or suggest that brain dead Dems are willing to use any venue----including one discussing the incineration of the earth by crazy Persians----to attack the hated Bush and his minions.

Because I knew you'd check in and prove my point.

Thanks.

(BTW-you'd better not be so predictable or else folks on SU might think we're a tag team on stuff.)
    I think of the media as reflecting the public in general (yeah, I know you don't agree).

If the reporters asked questions in a way that made it sound like the U.S. was the problem here, maybe it is because people are concerned about the way Bush will probably react to Iran's taunting. Which is to say, let's blast the hell out Iran. That'll teach it to say disrespectful things to us.

Bush's track record is a problem. The man and his cronies just don't think. They react. They remind me of my son when he was about 6, playing Army man. No thought; just macho shoot 'em up. And of course, no worries about the consequences, since it was just a game and he was, after all, just a little guy.

While Iran talks tough, one must ask why? Maybe because Russia and China are against sanctions? Russia and China, along with the U.S.A.'s favorite ally, Pakistan, are the ones responsible for creating nuclear power in Iran. This is same B.S. with DPRK. There is no way Iran is Germany circa 1936. Germany built not only a massive war machine, but also a following in Hitler's belief of a master race. Hitler's goal was world domination through war. Iran is Israel's problem and Israel is Iran's problem. Until Iran starts rolling out a massive military force and conquering neighboring countries, maybe then you could make such a comparison. Meanwhile, Israel continues to sell U.S. military technology to China. It's all just one big, nasty circle.

Iran is Germany, 1936
    But wait, I thought Iraq was Germany, 1936?

Seriously, there's little comparison in the behaviors of Germany under the Nazis and Iran today. I wish more people would learn from history rather than picking a single pithy phrase from it to advance their agenda.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO
    While Iran talks tough, one must ask why? Maybe because Russia and China are against sanctions? Russia and China, along with the U.S.A.'s favorite ally, Pakistan, are the ones responsible for creating nuclear power in Iran. This is same B.S. with DPRK. There is no way Iran is Germany circa 1936. Germany built not only a massive war machine, but also a following in Hitler's belief of a master race. Hitler's goal was world domination through war. Iran is Israel's problem and Israel is Iran's problem. Until Iran starts rolling out a massive military force and conquering neighboring countries, maybe then you could make such a comparison. Meanwhile, Israel continues to sell U.S. military technology to China. It's all just one big, nasty circle.
    I picked 1936 for a reason. Hitler hadn't invaded any countries by then. By the time he started, it was too late to stop him short of a war of annihilation.

Israel has not, IIRC, vowed to wipe Iran off the map.

You facile ignorance of history seems to shout that the first time you would make a move is when their tanks are in Tel Aviv.

first time you would make a move is when their tanks are in Tel Aviv.
    That would never happen. No one is going to invade Israel. Iran would be wiped off the planet.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/wld/graphi..._israel_dw.htm

Your comparison is just as sad as of those who compare Bush to Hitler.

Iynsho

all you need is a subject and verb to make sense

What does this mean?

If I were like you, Biker, I'd attack grammar or keystroke errors like you do when you have nothing else. I'd make some stupid comment like, "spellcheck won't help you with:
    "You facile ignorance of history" ?

However, this isn't necessary. The rationale, or lack thereof, is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco

If I were like you, Biker,
    You'd drop down on your knees and thank almighty God for a second chance.

I won't even touch that one. It's too easy.

Hmmm. So basically if you were like Biker you'd drop down on your knees.

Interesting.

Treachery made a monster out of me

That's why I didn't want to touch that one. It was too easy. And I don't like using weird perverted crap to argue, like Fireman does.

Well I'm proud of you both, WSJ and Stevenco.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Thread Information