Thread: Read through the Town Board spin

Lightbulb Read through the Town Board spin

Partial Town Board resolution quote:
    rezone from General Business (GB) to Multi-Family Residential District Four (MFR-4) for the purpose of developing a rental apartment complex. (Transit & William)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED,

That based on the testimony and evidence presented at the Public Hearing and based upon the forgoing findings, the Petition of 81 & 3 of Florida be and hereby is denied.

The resolution was offered by Council Member Donna Stempniak. A motion for a second was called for. No second was offered by Council Members John Abraham, Ronald Ruffino, Dan Amatura, or Supervisor Robert Giza
    (Who's gonna bite the hand that feeds them???)
    ===============================================

First the Town Board rezones this land - despite taxpayers concerns and destruction of wetlands. Council Member Stempniak (acting as "Liaison") was instrumental in stalling residents while the project moved forward.
    However she did get light shields and proper lamp post heights.

Lets look close at this "Rezone - Rezone Denial Resolution":
    It wasn't meant to pass -
    it is merely a resolution to create campaign material.

FACT: Council Member Stempniak has approved more rezones and building permits then any other Council Member in Lancaster's Recent History -

Excluding Supervisor Giza and Lancaster's past Town Supervisor & now head of Lancaster's Planning Board Mr.Stan Keysa (Erie County Control Board Member)
    ================================================

See, this is another off shoot of having new residents - history is lost. In Lancaster NY, history is written to serve those who record it.

Most people will forget or don't know the past dealings of those who hold Local public office. New residents only see what is meant to be presented: They see events subsidized by major companies - Boys Club partly Funded by Generous Local Developers -

They don't understand that those generous "gifts" as well as local "Political Support" are pay backs.

The new residents don't have a clue that the Council Member Proposing the "Re-Rezone" - most likely helped create the first "Rezone"

As witnessed by Council Member Stempniak - "Resignation - Resigning - Retiring - Rehiring" of her self on the Town Board ?????????????

She quit the Town Board - used the "Retirement Credits" from Lancaster to "Enhance" her NYS Funded Teachers Pension from the City of Buffalo - then returned within days to Lancaster's Town Board at full pay and benefits.

Wow - I just wrote this and I'm confused - how do they keep track of their deals? Just think how slick you'd have to be to pull that off.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Partial Town Board resolution quote:
    rezone from General Business (GB) to Multi-Family Residential District Four (MFR-4) for the purpose of developing a rental apartment complex. (Transit & William)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED,

That based on the testimony and evidence presented at the Public Hearing and based upon the forgoing findings, the Petition of 81 & 3 of Florida be and hereby is denied.

The resolution was offered by Council Member Donna Stempniak. A motion for a second was called for. No second was offered by Council Members John Abraham, Ronald Ruffino, Dan Amatura, or Supervisor Robert Giza
    (Who's gonna bite the hand that feeds them???)
    ===============================================

First the Town Board rezones this land - despite taxpayers concerns and destruction of wetlands. Council Member Stempniak (acting as "Liaison") was instrumental in stalling residents while the project moved forward.
    However she did get light shields and proper lamp post heights.

Lets look close at this "Rezone - Rezone Denial Resolution":
    It wasn't meant to pass -
    it is merely a resolution to create campaign material.

FACT: Council Member Stempniak has approved more rezones and building permits then any other Council Member in Lancaster's Recent History -

Excluding Supervisor Giza and Lancaster's past Town Supervisor & now head of Lancaster's Planning Board Mr.Stan Keysa (Erie County Control Board Member)
    ================================================

See, this is another off shoot of having new residents - history is lost. In Lancaster NY, history is written to serve those who record it.

Most people will forget or don't know the past dealings of those who hold Local public office. New residents only see what is meant to be presented: They see events subsidized by major companies - Boys Club partly Funded by Generous Local Developers -

They don't understand that those generous "gifts" as well as local "Political Support" are pay backs.

The new residents don't have a clue that the Council Member Proposing the "Re-Rezone" - most likely helped create the first "Rezone"

As witnessed by Council Member Stempniak - "Resignation - Resigning - Retiring - Rehiring" of her self on the Town Board ?????????????

She quit the Town Board - used the "Retirement Credits" from Lancaster to "Enhance" her NYS Funded Teachers Pension from the City of Buffalo - then returned within days to Lancaster's Town Board at full pay and benefits.

Wow - I just wrote this and I'm confused - how do they keep track of their deals? Just think how slick you'd have to be to pull that off.
    Stempniak, wait that really happened? Of course it did, you would'nt state that unless it was a fact. Well, is her seat up? Sounds to me like changes are about to be made.

It astounds me, ok let's see~~the town re-zones and re-zones yata yata~~well it then sounds to me like the town has let down the developers, the businesses (Yahoo!), the residents all to promote what?????

I asked the following questions in the other thread about this topic. Mt questions were never addresses, so I will post them again here:

How did the Planning Board rule on this?

Also, while I happen to (strongly) agree that this area should be Commercial, don't the Northwoods residents see the irony in this? In that, they fought so hard against the rezone to commercial.....now, several years later, are they actually arguing the reverse?

Unregistered
    I have zero knowledge of Lancaster politics but it sounds like Donna Stempniak is a "typical" Democrat.

Anyone know what party she represents?

Chief "bag-man" - AH women - person !!!!!!!!!!?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    I have zero knowledge of Lancaster politics but it sounds like Donna Stempniak is a "typical" Democrat.

Anyone know what party she represents?
    She is a Lancaster Democrat - quite different from other area Democrat voters.

Also if one looks on the Erie County Board of Elections/campaign donations - I guess she could also be called "Chief Bag-man"(money mover) for Local/County Demo Reps.

Lightbulb Procedurely

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I asked the following questions in the other thread about this topic. Mt questions were never addresses, so I will post them again here:
    Just take a look at Lancaster procedures relating to rezones - project planning and how they recommend approval or denial of a project.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Just take a look at Lancaster procedures relating to rezones - project planning and how they recommend approval or denial of a project.

You won't find me arguing the "they never deny a rezone" thing; still I just asked two simple questions.
    I also gave my opinion on this particular one (that it should be commercial,) but I find the irony of the Northwoods opinions to be...well, ironic.

Lightbulb Residents offer compromise - Officials offer smoke

North-woods Residents offer Compromise -
    Town Board performs as usual.

==============================================
    The resolution was offered by Council Member Donna Stempniak. A motion for a second was called for. No second was offered by Council Members John Abraham, Ronald Ruffino, Dan Amatura, or Supervisor Robert Giza.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Council Member Stempniak has performed this grand stand act before. With a issue involving the same developer on the same property. Didn't affect the outcome one bit. Nor did she represent the taxpayers.

She is truly good at pretending to make a stand, where there isn't a prayer of her succeeding or actually changing the eventual outcome. Like this campaign literature resolution, it wont change anything either.

The other four tap dancers aren't going to take even the slightest chance of upsetting their "Political Futures, Endorsements, or Support." More smoke - more dog and pony shows!

When will people, taxpayers, Lancaster Voters wake UP?

You won't find me arguing the "they never deny a rezone" thing; still I just asked two simple questions.
    I also gave my opinion on this particular one (that it should be commercial,) but I find the irony of the Northwoods opinions to be...well, ironic.
    Rising what did you miss in the commentary I wrote where I told the board that we met with Cipolla and told him we didn't want a rental apartment complex. Northwood residents wouldn't have said a word had he proposed an MFR rezone for the purpose of constructing an owner occupied complex - condos, townhouses or a senior complex like the one he wants to build behind TOPS.

Not only Northwood residents don't want to see an apartment complex, the same goes for anyone living west of Penora. For that reason residents are against the petition for an apartment complex rezone, and yes would rather have a commercial enterprise there.

What did the language in the denial say, "Come up with another MFR project. Stop playing annoying games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Rising what did you miss in the commentary I wrote where I told the board that we met with Cipolla and told him we didn't want a rental apartment complex. Northwood residents wouldn't have said a word had he proposed an MFR rezone for the purpose of constructing an owner occupied complex - condos, townhouses or a senior complex like the one he wants to build behind TOPS.

Not only Northwood residents don't want to see an apartment complex, the same goes for anyone living west of Penora. For that reason residents are against the petition for an apartment complex rezone, and yes would rather have a commercial enterprise there.
    While I can understand the concept of not wanting an apartment complex of renters in near proximity to your home (I wouldn't want it on my block,) do you really think, that given the setup, the people in the complex would really have any affect on the Northwoods complex? I haven't seen the site plan, but, it's not as if they'll be connected. I can't imagine a way in which anyone from the complex would ever wind up meandering over to Northwoods.
    It's not like they're on the next block over, and will be coming down your street.

As far as your statement of, "yes, we would rather see a commercial enterprise there," again - you must see the irony. For years, you fought a rezone from Residential to Commercial - now, you're suddenly arguing it the other way.

While I can understand the concept of not wanting an apartment complex of renters in near proximity to your home (I wouldn't want it on my block,) do you really think, that given the setup, the people in the complex would really have any affect on the Northwoods complex? I haven't seen the site plan, but, it's not as if they'll be connected. I can't imagine a way in which anyone from the complex would ever wind up meandering over to Northwoods.
    It's not like they're on the next block over, and will be coming down your street.

So you believe a 150' - 175' away from our property line is a great enough distance away to discourage young adults and children from entering Transit Bouelvard to walk our neighborhoods; which will be closer and more safe than walking Transit Road. There are foot path breaches in the 60 feet of buffer woods made by the construction crews who cleared the land for this site a few years ago. Have you ever visited the site, or are you just going on what the developer and the Supervisor are telling you?

As far as your statement of, "yes, we would rather see a commercial enterprise there," again - you must see the irony. For years, you fought a rezone from Residential to Commercial - now, you're suddenly arguing it the other way.
    If you take the position that we would prefer commercial over an owner-occupied development (which is what we want), you are mistaken. If you believe we want commercial over a rental apartment complex, you can state it is ironic.

However, it is time the town stops making zoning changes that are in the best interest of developers and special interests and not in the best interest of the community. Talk to the homeowners who live behind the rental apartments down the road (south) and learn of the issues they are facing.

Smile Its easy to be confused - me thinks?

While I can understand the concept of not wanting an apartment complex of renters in near proximity to your home (I wouldn't want it on my block,) do you really think, that given the setup, the people in the complex would really have any affect on the Northwoods complex?
    No one ever even hinted at they fear new residents- come on Theo your bringing in unwarranted ideas!

I haven't seen the site plan, but, it's not as if they'll be connected. I can't imagine a way in which anyone from the complex would ever wind up meandering over to Northwoods.
    "I haven't seen the site plan, but" - Theo, once again you are uninformed and still you inject unfounded comments when others offer compromise - WHY?

Actually, from what I and others have observed - Northwoods is open to all residents - they are a self supporting complex - they even paid to have there own trees picked up after the Oct. Storm. Theres no gates around their properties or fences to keep people away.

Again Theo - no disrespect meant, but the residents of Northwoods are offering "Compromise" - something our Lancaster Town Board is supposed to consider. This is just another example of unplanned, poorly thought out over development due to Willy nilly rezones/re-rezones.

The developer over extended himself - grabbed up what appeared to be "Marginal" use properties(for pennies on todays dollar) - the Lancaster Town Board rezoned them to help sky-rocket their value - now he wants the Lancaster Town Board (People he has supported and endorsed for office) to bale him out with another re-rezone.

This is the same guy who sent a bulldozer into a wetlands next to Northwoods - bulldozed tree's and decimated "Protected Wetlands" - just to show the residents he could.

But Council Member Stempniak did get the light shields and light posts set at optimum height.

Voters in Lancaster NY need to educate themselves on the workings of our Town Government.
    History is a great teacher - and boy do these guys have "History."

Thread Information