Thread: Child Support Collection Unit

Child Support Collection Unit

Being a single parent, I had to return to the Courts to finially get the child support from my ex. Things went well for a number of years, but for the past two years my checks come here and there. Last year at one time the checks where three weeks behind. When you call and finially speak to someone. I was always told that it was my ex-husbands employer for some reason was not sending the checks in. Well after a number of weeks I spoke with my ex-husband about this problem. Due to the fact after he is two weeks behind in child support he is in violation of a court order.
    He spoke with his boss about this, whom said he is sending them in on time, and my ex receives a statement from the unit, which also showed the money was received. The child support collection unit says it's the employer and the employer says it's the unit. After many phone calls and many delays in the checks. I have come to the conclusion that its the support collection unit.
    Is there anyone else out there having this problem???
    Does anyone know if there is any thing I could do about this problem.

You are not the only one. When my girlfriend and her ex got their records together it appears that there is approx. $8,000 in payments he paid and they have not turned over to her. They will be instituting an action against them shortly.

Child support

Thank you for your response, Please keep me posted would like to know more if possible about there action against the child support unit, if there is more of us maybe a class action, not sure if that possible but something to think about.
    At one time when they were weeks behind my son and I were eating a can of tuna fish for our meal thats all I could afford 2 for 1.00 at Wegmans. It was pay bills or eat. So I chose to pay the bill so we could keep our home.

If the city of Buffalo could get one dollar for every claim made against the SCU, there wouldn't be a need for a control board.

The SCU is known for antics such as these, I've heard so many stories from all different people about the SCU not sending payments when payments (from the paying parent) is made.

However, amamo. I am wondering... if payments were just a mere 3 weeks behind, then there's more to the story as to only being able to afford 2 cans of tuna. I mean, how much child support are you getting that 3 weeks without would have have made things so dire for you and your son?

I won't assume to know what your situation was at the time while you were figuring things out with the SCU, but just by reading what you've written I am with inquiry.

There are parents (both male and female) that haven't receive a penny from their ex's for years. You mentioned that this was a situation that occured last year, how are things presently?

SCU

Thank you for responding.
    Actually this has been going now for three years now, and the 3 weeks turned into almost five before I got any money.
    I had been a working single parent as a nurse until a back injury required me to have spinal fusion so I get SSD and partical comp.
    If I had been working at this time and now I would have tried to get overtime to make extra money for food.
    Please don't wonder about food stamps, they say I make just to much for that help. Thats why tuna fish came into play.
    I am looking for others whom are having problems hoping that we might be able to do something.

Thread Information