Thread: Speaking of lies, distortion and innuendo

Speaking of lies, distortion and innuendo

Speaking of lies, distortion and innuendo
    Supervisor Giza took exception to resident lies, distortion and innuendo on the Internet this past Monday. I guess its okay when the “professionals” do it.

Today’s Buffalo News reported the following:

• Airport owner/manager Tom Geles wishes the Safe Aviation Coalition would their supporters would wait for good information. Apparently it’s not coming from him. He had to turn and ask his engineer and pilot supporters for answers to basic questions at the Town Board meeting he attended in July. He made the erroneous and ludicrous claim that Buffalo-Niagara International Airport controllers could see planes from the Buffalo-Lancaster Airport from the ground.
    • ‘We’re here to support the airport and answer questions,” Jim Peters, an FAA spokesman in Queens was quoted as saying. “It’s all a unified system.” How’s that for SAC going to a meeting and having the FAA openly tell you they are on the opponent’s side.
    • SAC would like to see the flight school removed – inexperienced pilots making risky flight pattern maneuvers over their homes. A few days ago, Tom Geles appoints flight school manager Bob Miller as the new airport manager. How’s that for pouring salt into an open wound. The fox has been put in charge of the hen house.
    • Bob Miller was quoted as saying in the News, “There were no houses when I started two years ago (flight school). That is an outright lie.
    • Bob Miller takes a Cessna flight (I imagine with the reporter) to the Akron airport and points out how close it is located to a high school. Mr. Miller fails to point out that his flight school pattern takes his inexperienced pilots over two Lancaster town parks and into an area of conflict with the BNIA.
    And four of our elected town officials announced the other day that they will be there, but chose not to be on the agenda because they have “no standing” in the matter. Really?

You’re right Supervisor Giza, don’t believe everything you read and hear. I can attest to that.

Originally posted by LeeChowaniec:
    Bob Miller takes a Cessna flight (I imagine with the reporter) to the Akron airport and points out how close it is located to a high school. Mr. Miller fails to point out that his flight school pattern takes his inexperienced pilots over two Lancaster town parks and into an area of conflict with the BNIA.
    He also failed to point out that he tried to schmooze his Akron high school neighbors by providing free instruction for an "Introduction to Flight" course at the high school after eceiving complaints about the airport operations.

This guy is nothing but a blowhard of the Giza ilk.

http://www.rjma.com/flight/airwaves/vol2-7a.htm

Airport Neighbor Woes? Try this!!!

Is your airport suffering neighbor complaints? Is your airport feeling pressure from community groups to curtail or limit flight operations?
    Whether the answer is yes or no, local airports can win a lot of friends by doing something good for its surrounding neighbors. This is what the Akron, NY Airport (9G3) began doing last year when it adopted its neighboring public high school.
    Last September, the owners of the Akron Airport and I met with local school officials to develop an "Introduction to Flight" course to be offered during the school day.

The students picture above (click on photo to enlarge) were the first to sign up for this two semester long course. The students pay only for the books and materials plus a discounted one hour introductory flight. I provide the ground and intro flight instruction at no cost.

An introduction to flight and aviation career opportunities
    The aviation class meets weekly during the school day in one of Akron High School's high tech classrooms where each student has a computer, access to the internet, and a large TV with DVD playback. Students also take field trips to the local air traffic control facilities, Flight Service Station, and to the Niagara Aerospace Museum. Each students also receives one hour of actual flight instruction and several hours of in-flight observation from the back seat.

Guest speakers at the weekly classes include FAA personnel, airline pilots, and recent graduates currently attending aviation colleges. Three of the 10 students in the class have begun actual flight training for their private pilot certificates.

Georgia L Schlager

Great find gorja. All kinds of information from Over The Airways.

A quote from Bob Miller in today's BuffaloNews article-
    http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/754666.html

“This is a business that I’ve put my heart and soul and sacred fortune into,” Miller said. “We need to get along.”
    Maybe, he should put his heart & soul & sacred fortune into his grant development business.

Georgia L Schlager

Duh, airplanes fly from airports, sorry your Realtor did not tell you this. Perhaps they thought you would be smart enough to realize that. Your solution - move. Simple and easy and the rest of us do not need to hear this incessant whining and snobbery.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Duh, airplanes fly from airports, sorry your Realtor did not tell you this. Perhaps they thought you would be smart enough to realize that. Your solution - move. Simple and easy and the rest of us do not need to hear this incessant whining and snobbery.
    Frank, most people in our group have resided in Lancaster for years. There are only a few new residents from Nichter Road involved in our cause. How long residents have resided in Lancaster does not matter. Safety is the issue, nothing else.
    It seems to me most people on this site support our cause. That being the case, who is "the rest of us"?

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Frank, most people in our group have resided in Lancaster for years. There are only a few new residents from Nichter Road involved in our cause. How long residents have resided in Lancaster does not matter. Safety is the issue, nothing else.
    It seems to me most people on this site support our cause. That being the case, who is "the rest of us"?
    If safety is truly the argument you have no case.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Lightbulb Thanks for being interested in the Safety issue at Lancaster NY Airport

Those who believe and live within the affected area will have a chance to state their case for Safe Regulation of Lancaster's Airport.

To all the last minute posters on this issue - thanks for being apart of the decision. No two sides can exist unless there is a middle ground.

I for one believe there can and should be compromise - not Political Steam Rolling - People with vested interests bashing those with legitimate concerns - but an honest open discussion and equitable resolution.

Why is it so objectionable to have the Lancaster Airport be regulated/supervised by the Buffalo Airports Air Traffic Controllers?

If they accept government Funding - it only seems right they should be safely regulated.

Tonight will show residents/taxpayers - many for the first time - just how well local Government works - or doesn't work.

These last couple of months has opened many eyes - again many for the first time.

Learn from this - share your ideas, and concerns with your neighbors. Let other voters/taxpayers know exactly how those elected to represent you have acted during your efforts.

All over America - taxpayers are getting fed up - on CNN the other night there was a story about "Town Hall Meetings Gone Wild" - people all over our Country are tired of special interests groups eating tax dollars - while the rest of us are deciding between gas bills and food.

This issue is about Safety - it is about taxpayers being locked out of Government Decision Making - it is about Private Companies getting unfair tax breaks - it is not just a Lancaster Issue - its an issue repeating itself week after week - all across American.

STAND UP - or just write the check.
    I am not a member of SAC or any other group - I am a resident taxpayer.

They don't get it Frank. They won't ever get it. Admitting you made a mistake building or buying where you now don't want to be makes you look like a fool. Driving around would have "revealed" the airport..... it isn't hidden. It is better to inflate the fact that there is panic in the area. I live in the area and I don't know a single person who is in the group... and my mailbox gets their flyers. Most of my entire road has live here since the 1950s. I think if we had a problem with it, this road -- being long time residents ( about 40 years for us, back to the 1900s for many people in 2 families), would be signing on to the group. Not here... and we are between one mile to three miles east of the complainers ( the ones who say where they live).

Realtors will say anything to sell a house -- look at the Nichter bunch -- buying "waterfront" for exorbitant prices... it is a quarry for crying out loud, just like the ones down the road. They simply hit a spring years back and it became Willow Beach. My daughters swam in it before it closed years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
    They don't get it Frank. They won't ever get it.
    Sadly so!

Sadly so!
    Given expanding the runway will have it come in my direction, if I were of the panicking type, my husband and I should be panicking and have huge for sale signs out. ( about 4 acres brings a pretty penny in Lancaster) We won't be.... the airport was there when we bought and it will be there when we leave, but panic will never drive us away.

Thread Information